[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a family member that's new to bitcoin and wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1475427057782.gif (583KB, 188x145px) Image search: [Google]
1475427057782.gif
583KB, 188x145px
I have a family member that's new to bitcoin and wanted to invest in it and just *keep* it on coinbase, rather than transfer to a wallet.

https://blog.coinbase.com/update-for-customers-with-bitcoin-stored-on-coinbase-904dea08ac5f

"Customers who wish to access both blockchains at the time of the hard fork should withdraw their BTC from Coinbase since we cannot guarantee what will happen during the hard fork or when this access may be available."

What could this potentially mean for my senpai? Would it mean his coin would only stay on one blockchain, and mean the value could potentially be halfed? Help my out /biz/bros, I don't want him to get possibly screwed over by this especially after talking him into it
>>
Buy him a dank hardware wallet so he feels more comfy.
>>
>>2599364
Bump this. I keep most of mine on coinbase too
>>
Means you should sell your bitcoin right the Fuck now. Go either USDT or LTC.
>>
>>2599364
Im planning on putting my stack in some shit altcoin on bittrex before the fork.
>>
>>2599378
Damn, this may be the best route to go for him depending on how much he puts in...
>>
>>2599364
Keeping it on bittrex with Google authenticator is safer, also you could transfer to usdt there.
>>
>>2599441
It's against coinbase's terms of service to transfer to another exchange though. I've heard a few people had their accounts locked out because of it, even if the odds aren't *too* high
>>
>>2599364
Put it on a paper or hardware wallet.
>>
>>2599466
When I moved ETH and LTC to an exchange, they never said anything, but when I tried to move a substantial amount of BTC to an exchange, Coinbase asked if I was moving to an exchange.

I decided to tell them no and then send it to a private wallet first.
>>
You have to expect niggers stealing your phone or breaking into your house and steal your computer nowadays. Most banks do secure document storage for a small fee for paper wallets
>>
>>2601074
Uh no you dont
Do you live in detroit and don't lock your doors or something?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.