[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can you quantitatively analyze the value of various crypto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1490582132390.jpg (58KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
1490582132390.jpg
58KB, 500x489px
how can you quantitatively analyze the value of various crypto investments? I want to figure out how to routinely analyze different coins and essentially compute which ones I should invest in. Is there anything or is this literally gambling on pixels
>>
probably measure consistency and volume of github progress over a period of months
>>
>>2585119
volume of github process... didn't think of that. so coins with more activity from devs are more reliable?

I was thinking about messing with volatility ratios and applying them to previous data, whichever ones had the highest correlation with previous data I would try to apply going forward.
>>
>>2585087
What companies/people already use the currency?
Why made the currency?
What is its intended purpose?

Bitcoin is propped up by the darkweb and is also used by a lot of 3rd world launderers

Litecoin is like bitcoin but faster and more legal/transparent

Ripple is supposed to work with banks and already works with them

No one knows wtf Etherium is really for, not even the founder, but for some reason people buy it including banks. It was intended to help fund ICO's/investments.

Golem is more of a payment system for sharing computing power than a currency

Ark is some sort of clone of Ripple/Litecoin that thinks it is more innovative

Steemit is for tipping people money in social media, but I don't see why that can't be done with any other currency.

Reddcoin is a clone of Steemit.
>>
File: dose.gif (6KB, 329x302px) Image search: [Google]
dose.gif
6KB, 329x302px
>>2585119
>>2585141
>>2585147
This is qualitative analysis, not quantitative. You use qual to determine what to invest in, then you use quant to find entry/sell points.
Quant gives no fucks about what its investing in. It simply recognizes patterns and calculates risk.
>>
>>2585219
well isn't it quantitative if you're taking numbers to calculate ratios? then you compare the ratio numbers.

im a scrub but i've taken financial acct and when you calculate ratios you get numbers to compare companies by, couldn't a similar framework be applied to crypto?
>>
>>2585219
Well, technically the number of users would be quantitative, though I did go off on a tangent.
>>
File: FOAR-EVERYWUN-FRUM-BOXXY.gif (373KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
FOAR-EVERYWUN-FRUM-BOXXY.gif
373KB, 200x200px
First impression
Is name acceptable?
Is logo acceptable?
Is the project new?
Is project a Bitcoin fork?
Announcement
Is there a working blockchain site?
Does project have an announcement thread?
Is announcement thread of poor quality?
What are people saying in the announcement thread? Are there any red flags?
Google search "crypto"+scam, are there any red flags? Are they based in truth?
Read about the project on bitcointalk.org
Website
Does project have a website?
Is website of poor quality?
Is there an official forum or slack?
Is the community in slack or forum active and friendly?
Developers
How many developer and who are they?
Do developers have industry experience and LinkedIn profiles?
Have developers been involved in crypto related speeches or written papers on the subject?
Do developers have github profiles with 30+ commits?
Are developers driven and want to work hard for the project?
Manipulation
Is crypto premined or instamined?
What is the holder distribution?
Has crypto a history of pumps and dumps in the past?
Are there any articles online rising red flags in terms of whale control and manipulation?
Is crypto controlled by a single company (example - XRP)
Technicals
Is project open source?
Is project clone of an existing project?
Does project offer any technical innovations that solve a specific problem?
Does the project offer favorable long term prospects?
Is there a roadmap with future plans that will solve problems?
Does crypto have finite supply?
Is the technology tested?
Is there a high chance of critical bugs?
Market Tenants:
What is the intrinsic value of business or asset?
Is the intrinsic value less than the current market cap?
Is crypto being pumped right now?
>>
>>2585499
so you're saying I should buy ark
>>
>>2585147

>What companies/people already use the currency?
>What is its intended purpose?

So many people miss this. Cryptos need to fill a need, yet so many have only promises or are just obvious scams.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.