[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many altcoins? What is the reason so many "coins"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Why are there so many altcoins? What is the reason so many "coins" get valued xx cents?

Is it all just a scam? Is it all just air we are buying and selling?

Give me a quick rundown please
>>
>>2584199
Of course it's a fucking scam. It's a craze that's going to crash hard within the next year.
>>
Bittrex and the like need to purge some of the garbage off their exchange. Polo seems to have the most stringent requirements for listing and I think they're better off because of it
>>
File: 1445315555344.jpg (71KB, 648x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445315555344.jpg
71KB, 648x480px
>Is it all just air we are buying and selling?
Basically. A lot of these coins and tokens will crash when people stop buying that air. Some of them could easily grab a piece of tangible market. Like Golem for example, then it will moon. Because unlike Bitcoin or Litecoin, successful ones will actually serve a real fucking purpose which there is a demand for. Idk about exchange tokens like Bancor.
>>
>>2584228
>>2584362
Do you believe this is viable? All these shitcoins? Getting in before pumps and selling on or about the ATHs? Is that all life the most of these shitcoins get?

I ask this because i think 90% of the options on like bittrex will become obsolete within years or even months. When the (artificially)hype is over, nobody even gives a fuck anymore
>>
>>2584444
I do, yes. There will be a winner or two. I'm not delusional to think they would reach equilibrium with eth/btc price. But there are some really solid concepts coming out right now. They do have a chance to capture a minuscule percentage of their respective markets, and that's all that matters for them to survive the speculative onslaught really. There's no telling the bright future for any coin that makes it that far.
>>
>>2584723
Thanks for your answer.
Are there any non biased/shilled discord/skype groups out there? How to find them
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.