[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand this market. Why is "sell the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I don't understand this market.

Why is "sell the news" even a thing? If it's bad news and the coin turns out to be garbage, it should drop. If it's good news and the coin looks promising, the value should go up, right?

Why do coins drop whether it's good or bad news? Is this something that occurs with stocks too or is this market just a bunch of frightened children?
>>
>>2570566

If it's good news the coin usually stabilizes around a higher price, but it dips right afterwards for some reason, I guess whales trying to shake out weak hands.
>>
This market is insanely manipulated. If you follow some order patterns on most coins you will see this.
>>
pretty sure it occurs with stocks too

the hype builds up and pretty much no reveal will actually satisfy people . and by this point its also just a self fulfilling prophecy. everyone wants to sell the news before others sell the news.
>>
>>2570566

Buy rumors - get in before FOMO
Sell news - Sell the FOMO

If it's good news the price will still be higher than before the rumor though.
>>
>>2570566
good news drops it, because there's too many people that already know it and then try to sell.
see this >>2570599
>>
>>2570566
Well let's see...if there is some conference in a few days and the coin shoots up x10 its price, then obviously the market is assuming it's going to be an AMAZING conference. The market has already reacted to the news, that's why it shot up in price.

If Apple releases a statement that their new phones can cure cancer, obviously the price will shoot up that day, not the day they release it because it's already expected to be released.
>>
>>2570566
>buy hype
>sell news
>buy dip if you actually believe in project
There you go, OP.
>>
its a meme phrase, ignore it for the most part

you have to understand theres no rules to qualitative trading, just suggestions
>>
>>2570640
yeah but good news means its going to go way up in value in the near future, why would people sell then?
>>
>>2570670

Good news generate hype, good news make it moon artificially, then people dump it, buy in again at a lower price and the coin goes up again (or not).
>>
>>2570688
thanks Mr. Gordon Gekko
>>
>>2570670

Because they want to accumulate more when it inevitably drops from people selling hype. It's not hard to understand. Happened a lot with Ethereum. It's just a cycle.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.