[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain market depth graphs so a retard like myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).png (49KB, 1104x266px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
49KB, 1104x266px
Can someone explain market depth graphs so a retard like myself can understand?

Ok im seeing that LTC has a very big support wall and that if the smaller sell wall is fulfilled the price should moon right?

This is what i am being told, but the thing i dont understand is, If there is a huge buying pressure at the green wall, this means everyone wants to buy at that price. why would the price of LTC moon to the red area given this fact?
>>
File: 148.jpg (42KB, 728x635px) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
42KB, 728x635px
s e l f b u m p
>>
It means there are many people interested on buying LTC however at a lower price.

In case the price drops,then those orders will be fulfilled. Given the volume it has. Its quote posible people will move their buy orders in order to follow the increase.
>>
>>2567221
You shouldn't take them seriously at all because fake walls are a thing , whales know you look at walls to make decisions and purposefully manipulate it against you

Candle charts are the only thing that matters
>>
on the left you got bids (I'll buy this coin at this price) and on the right you got asks (I'll sell this coin at this price)
The y axis is the cumulative amount of bids or asks at that price point. So you could have 100 bids at .1000 and 200 at .1001
In general there are more bids/asks the further away you get from market price. The depth charts show how much of the commodity you could buy at a certain price, it's the active orders on the market that can be filled. If there are 100 bids at .1 and 200 bids at .11 then you could sell 300 units for 10+22 buckaroos or whatever unit you're working with.
Depth charts can change dramatically because a whale could just have a huge order on the books and if it was cancelled a wall can just disappear in an instant. It depends on if it's just one huge order or lots of small orders at that price.
>>
>>2567721
rotate a depth chart 90 degrees and it will move with the price movement on a candlestick chart. When a price goes up there are ask orders that are being fulfilled and not being replaced at the same price so the mid market price would move up
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.