[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone tell me what the point of holding is when it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: a7yezHx.jpg (103KB, 570x237px) Image search: [Google]
a7yezHx.jpg
103KB, 570x237px
can someone tell me what the point of holding is when it's 100% obvious that I can re-enter at at a much lower price?

someone told I'm a retard for getting rid of a great coin like SIA for 800, because it's "long term"
>>
>>2551711

because your daddy touches you at night, thats why.
>>
>>2551711
It's an overused meme but you can fuck yourself over if you day trade too much and slowly lose coins to exchange via transaction fees and missed stop limit orders. There's value to long-term holds if you've been with a coin a long time and have seen steady growth, like SIA.
>>
>>2551711

Holding isn't a meme. If you hold while others trade and fail, and the value goes up, you win.
>>
because the point of entry may not exist, if you're willing to accept that and rebuy at a higher price, then forget about having spartan strength
>>
File: only game.gif (2MB, 309x231px) Image search: [Google]
only game.gif
2MB, 309x231px
It is a gamble. Cryptos are very volatile, they may (and often do) double in price without a single red candle in between, or crash in the same way.
I have lost many potential gains trying to "make the most of" uptrends. I still do it, though, because hodling is boring and this is just a game.
>>
the more you get involved in selling/buying the less you will want to be involved longterm and you will kill your holding prospects.

Buy cheap and forget it.
>>
>>2551711

hodl is a meme for the weak minded and for those who don't like money
>>
>>2551711

I made more daytrading than holding. The most I hold a coin is about a week. I always made more money doing that since I can make up any losses jumping on the next mooning shitcoin but if a coin I'm holding tanks, I have to weather it for weeks or months when I could have more more elsewhere. It's also better to daytrade than HODL because you can arbitage and you don't get fucked like ETH HODLers did today.
>>
>>2551711
SIA is overvalued right now
>>
>>2551711

If you had bought bitcoin at $30 it wouldn't have mattered much in the long run if you had say, liquidated your position and bought back in at $29.75.

If you believe that ETH will reach $1000 or whatever the fuck nonsense in 2020, then HODL makes sense because you will be wrong about half the time anyway / run the risk of missing huge run-ups buying back in repeatedly.
>>
>>2552031
Every trade you make you also have to pay a transaction fee to the exchange. Furthermore you don't buy and hold coins that are currently mooning. You research ICO's and 10-20 million market cap coins for "sleepers". SIA was a sleeper, for a long time it was at or below 60 sats. A person who was HODL wouldn't have bought SIA at 700, he would have bought it at 60. He would then liquidate it at 700 and find more sleepers to invest in. This is because the people who bought lots of SIA at 60 sats knew the fundamentals of the coin were strong.
>>
>>2552169
do you ever wonder why it's called applesauce when it's not a sauce?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.