[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about thrift store flipping? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What do you guys think about thrift store flipping? I've been thinking about it and buying stuff cheap at a thrift store and reselling it online for a profit seems like it has potential to make money. I mean people are just donating their shit so it's not like the stores have an incentive to jack up the prices. I'm not talking about making a living off the shit or anything either, just enough to subsidize an income. Do any of you have experience with this and if so how's it been?
>>
Download the amazon barcode scanner. Go to Salvation Army. Scan the stuffed animals. Weirdly enough, a lot of those go for decent money and will coast you about a dollar each. Easy as fuck to ship too.
>>
>>2542065
worst idea ever tbqh
>>
>>2542065
>it's not like the stores have an incentive to jack up the prices
Also you are wrong about this.
>>
>>2542080
Is it common to find a lot of things like that or is it just an occasional thing?
>>
>>2542103
You gotta go regularly. My friend does this with stuffed animals and makes about $1-2K a week. Eventually you know what you're looking for. Sometime you have to do some minor cosmetic stuff to price them best.
>>
You're about 18 years too late. Most of the thrift stores now are way too greedy with their pricing. They think everything is ebay gold and price it accordingly. You luck out every now again but it's pretty rare.
>>
>>2542100
What I meant was that they're getting the stuff for free so it's not going to be as high as a store who has to make back what they spent on stocking their store.
>>
>>2542123
That's pretty good. I was only expecting it to be a couple hundred per week. Does your friend only deal in small items like toys? They're small and cheap so I understand the appeal, but I expect they don't bring in much individually.
>>
>>2542173
95% toys. They have the best margins for the thrift stores. I worked with her a few times and I was shocked at some of that shit. She knows exactly what to grab too. Some stupid fox stuffed animal was $450 and she paid $5 for it one of those times. It seems like it's the one thing besides clothing that they say fuck it and just throw a tag on it. Electronics are a waste of time. The record bins are already regularly rooted through by record stores so don't waste your time there. Books might be ok. Everything else is too big to ship.
>>
Most of the things in thrift stores are overpriced as fuck
>>
>>2542173
You'll be lucky to make $100 weekly
>>
>>2542190
I find it unbelievable that people actually pay good money for toys like that. Thanks a lot. I'm gonna install that app and take a look the next time I go into town. I'm not keeping my hopes up for anything big, but maybe I'll be surprised.
>>
>>2542240
She's in a city and hits a few different spots regularly so her odds increase. Good luck. Also these fucking Beanie Babies make her a lot as well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TY-BEANIE-BOO-TREASURE-/172700932455?hash=item2835c71967:g:z4kAAOSwsXFZK5kQ
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.