[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever gotten vendors on the hook and then ended up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
Anyone here ever gotten vendors on the hook and then ended up having to back out? My boss has me shopping around for software and I got this one company to give me a quote, like full on spreadsheet, meetings, presentations and everything. Bossman gave me the ok and then when they send the paperwork he waffles and asks me to shop around more.

Welll.... turns out there are some cheaper solutions and now I'm kinda working with them. Assuming we end up going that way how do I let down the first guys? Did I fuck up, I kinda feel bad for basically telling them the deal was closed when then it wasn't. To be fair my boss gave me the go ahead and then changed his mind. But I also kinda fucked up by not doing all my research
>>
"Hey we found a more competitive alternative but you guys have been really helpful so I don't want to fuck you on this. Can you work with the price at all?"
>>
>>2532968
You are the buyer. You have all the power in this relationship. Vendors are leeches and the second you are interested in buying their product, they will come back like dogs. You did nothing wrong.
t. software vendor sales engineer
>>
>>2532968
You are very bad at your job.
Have a spine and tell them exactly what happened, this is about money. Not friendships.
>>
>>2533121
true, I don't feel horrible or anything but I hired on as a programmer lol, not used to making business decisions
>>
>>2533002
This really. Its not like this doesnt happen all the time. On larger projects I can juggle anywhere from 10-30 bids. So much so that I have a canned stock response at the close of bidding to all the companies who didnt get approved for the next round.

>I kinda feel bad for basically telling them the deal was closed when then it wasn't.

Never over promise. If anything you want negotiations to hang on the "we have many other bids coming in and will let you know when the next round begins"

>But I also kinda fucked up by not doing all my research

Always do all your research before presenting to C level. They are expecting you to be a subject expert for the company. Not having all your ducks in a row and not having answers to everything they could ever ask looks bad for you.
>>
>>2533002
>>2533358
yeah thanks

live and learn, I gotta play it closer to the vest going forward. At least we didn't go all the way and then find out months later that we overspent
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.