[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dont understand why it makes sense to have a different coin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ip.bitcointalk.org.jpg (92KB, 728x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ip.bitcointalk.org.jpg
92KB, 728x1280px
I dont understand why it makes sense to have a different coin for every blockchain product.

Wouldnt it make more sense in a currency way to use two or three coins in various products?

Like Siacoin, just make a blockchain cloud store thats cool, but you coudl still pay in ether or some other coin, why does it need an own coin? There are more examples like Cannabiscoin, BAT etc.

Just why?
>>
>>2527082
No fucking clue
Just buy the dip
>>
You're 100 percent right, 99.9 percent of coins are pump and dump scam shitcoins. Eth and Ltc are the only relevant coins.
>>
>>2527190
>>2527082
Sure.

Why not have a million different websites?
Why not just have everything on one or two different websites?
>>
ICOs combined crowdfunding development with actual utility. Pretty interesting model for sure.
>>
How much money does this cuck have?
>>
>>2527082
That's why I think the next major hurdle crypto is going to face is consolidating coins into an 'Internet of cryptocurrency'. It's gonig to be an interesting year
>>
>>2527190
eth is pump and dump

btc only coin
>>
>>2527082
Wow you fucking retards

You don't even understand the concept of cryptocurrencies yet you buy them en masse?

Crypto currencies are what companies like Sia reward their miners with for setting up the decentralized infrastructure. Then you can sell them/use as currency.
>>
>>2527199
Technically OP is right you know.

Plus, people always compare the blockchain with dot-com bubble.
Well, there was a lot more websites before the bubble. Now people only visit like 5 or 6 websites top.

It's obvious only a handful of coins will survive after the bubble pop.
Bitcoin will be one of them obviously.
Not even sure about Ethereum since it's inflating the bubble.
>>
if you don't make your own coin how are you going to get people to throw millions of dollars at you
>>
>>2527082
>ARK
>>
>>2527441
currency for what tho
>>
>>2527199
Here you are, on 4chan, instead of some obscure phpbb forum.
>>
>>2527199

Every Possibilty in one website would be a complete desaster. The comparison isnt good because the usage of a currency isnt the same as a website, normally a currency is more one dimensional.
You would be right if I said that we dont need Siacoin as a whole, but I said they should realise the product but without an own currency for this. I only focus on the currency as an exchange.
>>
>>2527441

So the currency gets only created as a reward for building the blocks. But if something is a reward it has to have a value before this exchange, because if not it wouldnt be a reward.

This still seems senseless. Especially if you consider that these will only be successful if the masses get a hold of them, as long as there are so many they wont try to understand the whole concept.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.