[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know it's not totally /biz/ related but you guys are smart,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

I know it's not totally /biz/ related but you guys are smart, so I'm asking here.

I'm going to propose to my girlfriend very soon and I need a ring. I earn about AUD $400 a week and live with my parents. Yes, I know I am not in a great place to propose but it needs to be done.

Any tips for buying engagement rings on a budget?
>>
>>2526546
Go into a ringshop and haggle like a jew.

They always are willing to haggle on price.

Also, you are a FUCKING MORON if you use two months salary on a ring - it's a fucking con.
>>
>>2526570
Yeah, I don't plan to spend 2 months salary on a ring. That would just fuck up all our plans for the future and she hardly even wears jewelry anyway.

Was hoping to get something for about $500.
>>
>>2526546
Don't buy a diamond. Either buy a lab diamond or buy something like a sapphire that's still traditional and impressive, but 1/3 the price.
>>
I proposed about a year ago and did a lot of research at the time.

If going for a diamond:
I think the key is to be able to pick your own diamond. That way you can modulate the value ratio to where you are most comfortable. The price of the setting will not vary too much between stores.

You want to go for a colour like G, SI2 if you want to keep things affordable. On the close up images, I often saw lots of imperfections and inclusions, but in real life, I honestly couldnt tell the difference between a $2000 diamond and a $4000 diamond. The key thing is cut apprantly, and I used the holloway cut advisor to help me rank diamonds because I know jack all about diamonds: https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca . I ended up being in a rush and buying from a local jeweller, but I feel like I got a little bit jewed, and the cut rating was not that good, but it still looks good to us.

bluenile and jamesallen are good value, international, but will take some time to ship. They are trustworthy and worksmanship is supposedly not crap. Main draw I think is that you can pick your own diamond, and see the precise measurements/grades without being under pressure in the store, and where you dont have complete information. Also you get it set in one go over their website without any hassles.

if she has particular tastes or if you have something specific in mind, then you can go to a local jeweller. A lot of them dont have shop fronts and you have to make an appointment. If you are in melbourne, there are heaps in the upper floors of some Collins St buildings. Google will bring them up. I sort of regret buying from a store though, and feel like online would have been better value, and I would have been in more control.
>>
>>2526651

If she is not set on a diamond:
you can save a lot of money by getting a functionally identical product in an amora gem, which I was really keen on as they look really good, are hard, and not expensive. Lab grown diamonds were not cheaper than natural ones in my experience, unless you want a coloured gem.

Best of luck op!
>>
>>2526580

$500 is pretty tight since even the valuable metals (silver/gold) will set you back that much for the setting.

But if she is not fussed, I'm sure you can focus on appearance of the ring rather than material. There are heaps of people doing good looking CZ/silver type rings on etsy.
>>
>getting married
>marrying a woman who cares about a ring
>>
I thought that cool people nowadays buy Iridium rings.
>>
cant you just get her a ring from a bubblegum dispenser and make it seem all romantic?

"oh bby i lub you so much but were so poor now. this gonna be a real diamond in the future"

and then you just forget about it and never upgrade
>>
>>2526546
How traditional is she? If not too traditional, go to antique stores. You can find cool old rings for way cheaper than a new engagement ring.
>>
Fuck the Ring, go MGTOW!
>>
>>2526738
She doesn't really care about the ring. If it was up to her we wouldn't get one but I don't want her family getting the wrong idea about me.

That's a good idea, thanks mate.
>>
>>2526845
Not sure about Australia but in USA antique stores overprice by 40-50% and will move down that much if you have cash ready. Just don't tell them you're looking for an engagement ring. You can always get them sized too if it's not the right fit.
>>
File: 1495618471038.jpg (32KB, 480x328px) Image search: [Google]
1495618471038.jpg
32KB, 480x328px
>>2526546
if you plan on being with her forever , then whatever you can do to astound and awe her and make her feel like the most special and beautiful woman in the galaxy, is a good investment.

when in doubt, ask Jesus about :)

Good luck love birds <3
>>
>>2526900
That's he gayest thing iv'e ever seen. Might as well rename it GAY SERVER!
>>
File: 1409678003154.jpg (13KB, 274x242px) Image search: [Google]
1409678003154.jpg
13KB, 274x242px
>>2526724

Now this is /biz/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.