[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://hackingdistributed.com/2017/ 06/19/bancor-is-flawed/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

http://hackingdistributed.com/2017/06/19/bancor-is-flawed/

Full breakdown of just how hard the crypto community got pwned by Bancor.

Who else didn't fall for this shit?

Also, as soon as bancor goes live can we all agree to make a Bancor 2.0 currency inside of Bancor as fast as possible, then literally claim to be the far superior implementation and double down on the buzzwords?
>>
>>2524239
Do more investigation or dont post these threads.. so fcking retarded. Please create a 'Bancor 2.0' and shill it, will only increase the price of Bancor. itself. Thanks
>>
Should also be noted this dude is the guy who predicted the flaw in the DAO and predicted it getting a security breach.

So, just putting that out there.

Hold onto your hats boys, in 6 months Eth is going to crash hard when Bancor gets pwned and we have to seriously discuss a hard fork or not again to pull all the stupid peoples money out of the wreckage.
>>
>>2524259
Read the article.

This guy picks the entire smart contract apart line by line and finds multiple flaws in it, including broken rounding errors and points out multiple edge cases that didn't get checked.

Bancor smart contract has several security holes that may be abusable. If even one of them can get hit, four hundred thousand eth is going to get drained and held hostage.

It'll be the DAO all over again
>>
pretty stupid to invest in a ico. desu senpai
>>
The sheer amount of chicanery that already surrounds this thing means I'll be staying far, far away

Remember: goyim will NOT receive the memo
>>
>>2524298
Yeah it's such a bad idea
https://icostats.com
I swear to God some of you have a negative mental capasity
>>
whens it dropping on shitrex today
>>
>>2524348
lol ans is 80 percent above ico price. haha it was up 300 percent yesterday. but only 80 percent up. what does that mean? it means when it hit market it dropped to nothing. if you like it buy when it hits exchanges. the price will drop 100 percent
>>
>>2524348

I will say its a stupid idea to invest in an ICO without seriously looking over the smart contract so you know what you are buying.

And I strongly doubt 400,000 worth of ether in donators all looked at the contract. I'd wager less than a quarter even glanced at the contract. They just vomited money on bancor.

It's the dot com boom all over again.

I'll tell you what though.

This is gonna be peanuts compared to the insane panic buying crowdsales we'll see during winter and next spring. Bancor will looking like a drop in the bucket compared to the literal mountains of money dumped on random pajeet shitcoin contracts that will pop up constantly next year once wall street gets in on this.

"Jeeves, I don't know what a smart contract is, but put a million dollar into each one until we use up one of my reserves"

"Sir that would be seventy million dollars!"

"Damn right jeeves, buy me some of those token thingers!"
>>
File: shecc.jpg (149KB, 780x558px) Image search: [Google]
shecc.jpg
149KB, 780x558px
>>
File: notscuffedbancor.jpg (43KB, 726x285px) Image search: [Google]
notscuffedbancor.jpg
43KB, 726x285px
Non scam market maker ico based on real protocol with team full of phds and not jews is in 25 days btw.
>>
>>2524401
ya the bancor code was not even public when they raised all that money. just a shit website and jews i guess. then it comes out yesterday that the date to put on exchange will be pushed to forever. then today we find out the coin is shit? lol hold my bags. its like they dont even like there money
>>
>>2524463
Wait they pushed exchange release indefinetely? Wasnt it suppose to be 1 day?
>>
>>2524509
RIP
>>
File: ice.jpg (31KB, 305x550px)
ice.jpg
31KB, 305x550px
>>2524462
>notscuffedbancor.jpg
Cx?
>>
>>2524509
lol did it get on the exchange today? there premining it right now.
>>
>>2524289
dumbest thing I've ever read on /biz/. did you see the part where Nick Johnson called him out on reddit and he admitted that he hadn't actually dug that deeply into the code?
>>
File: lel.jpg (123KB, 594x533px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
123KB, 594x533px
>>2524577
>ice bought 15k worth of vitalik's """juice"""
>>
>>2524609
>>2524289

People just want to believe what they want so desperately..most of the article has already been debunked and rest will be addressed this morning. Please do more investigation before calling shit on /biz/
>>
>>2524400
How can you be this retarded? I'm glad people like you are in this market, the dumb money has definitely arrived.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170620-032254.png (22KB, 1080x139px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170620-032254.png
22KB, 1080x139px
>>2524400
Just read over your post again and you literally make zero sense. But by all means keep buying crypto.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.