[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say someone starts with $10k today, puts a little in BTC/ETH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Say someone starts with $10k today, puts a little in BTC/ETH and day trades with the rest...what would that money grow to in say 10 years? How early are we still in this whole process?

For example, my parents know about bitcoin but would never put their money into it. My friends might buy a little here and there but they would cash out after making 1.5-2x gains so they could buy some new clothes or go out to the bars.

In other words, is everyone in /biz/ right now going to make it? Are we all going to be able to retire young? Or has this ship already sailed? Am I being retarded thinking that this is even an option still? Have the silicon valley douchebags already invested big time and will price out people like us?

I guess the biggest problem is that even though I have great interest and faith in crypto, I have no way to judge how popular it really is
>>
>>2515848
The ship for retirement has already sailed. In my opinion the only coin that has any more room to grow is XRP.
>>
>>2516528
so bitcoin will never really catch on then?
>>
>>2515848
no ones knows.
opinions from qualified people are:
1. bubble, we are all gonna loose our money.
2. btc will be worth half a million in 10 years.

invest money you can afford to loose.
maybe lucky maybe not.

might wanna wait for the 1. august to buy the dip after segwit
>>
>>2516641
Im long on both bitcoin and xrp, but imo bitcoin will not have the same gains as other coins if you are just buying in right now.
>>
File: 2017-06-19-17:02:15-664.png (13KB, 1350x135px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-19-17:02:15-664.png
13KB, 1350x135px
>>2516688
segwit is getting activated on july 21st, august 1 doesn't mean anything anymore, it was simply the pressure to get miners to activate early
>>
>is everyone in /biz/ right now going to make it?
No way, there are seriously some retarded people here. Look at all the screenshots of people selling at losses during a moon mission.
That said, you don't need to be a genius to make it in this market.
>>
>>2516641
normies think you need to buy a whole bitcoin
>>
Maybe.
Just think what happens if amazon or ebay would accept crypto payment
>>
>>2515848
WE ARE JUST GETTING STARTED. The past 8 years have been speculation. Real disruptive tech is coming.
>>
>>2515848
>daily 10x + coins that are actually shilled in advance on here
>ship has sailed

lmao

We arent even 1% into this stuff. The only thing is to choose the right projects. Do good research in long term projects - look at the dev team and their achievements, check roadmaps and buy when things are about to happen, read whitepapers so you understand the role of the token and whether it will have an innate value in the future or not. (STEEM looks promising as a project but the token is shit once you understand how it works). Follow general trading tips like never buy all time high, buy dips, sell pieces when its mooning to secure profit, buy rumours sell news etc.

Pick a percentage of your portfolio for long term projects and trade the rest in shitcoins by picking good timings. Easy several hundred percent profit a year
>>
>>2516865
2x is a hard-fork that still needs 80% support, there is no reason for the current UASF supporters to switch (~30% of the hashrate) as UASF will be the dominate chain after the split, and UASF knocks bitmain from it's position (good for other miners)
>>
>>2517095
2x is already at at least 75% support after ONE day of pre-signalling
>>
File: 1370212150268.png (488KB, 758x504px) Image search: [Google]
1370212150268.png
488KB, 758x504px
>>2516528
>t. XRP bagholder
Daily reminder that no bank is using XRP, and no bank is planning to use XRP:
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/01/japanese-banks-plan-to-adopt-blockchain-for-payments.html
>the 47-member consortium used technology from blockchain start-up Ripple for a cloud-based payments platform called RC Cloud.

Daily reminder that RC Cloud is a private network based on the ripple protocol, this is the only way banks will use ripple, no bank will ever use the public ripple network, let alone XRP

Daily reminder that the entire banking industry can use the ripple protocol for transmittance while Ripple is bankrupt and XRP is 1sat

Daily reminder that XRP is not stock, the success of the ripple protocol is independent of the success of Ripple the company is independent of the success of XRP

Daily reminder that of the 38 billion XRP in "circulation", over half are owned by devs or former devs
>>
>>2517114
It's at less than 60%, and again, there is no reason to support it unless activation is imminent
>>
>>2517061
I though smart traders where extinct on /biz/...
>>
>>2517344
that's just because the stats haven't updated over the last 24 hours
>>
>>2517252
Outdated pasta
>>
File: 1461519215048.jpg (44KB, 441x306px) Image search: [Google]
1461519215048.jpg
44KB, 441x306px
>>2517456
>salty salty bagholder

>>2517391
That's over the last 144 blocks, over the last 40 it's at about 70%

hmmm this is also only pre-signaling that they will signal for 2x, still, if it goes up anymore it's probably is a good idea to dump LTC back into BTC
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.