[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broke my back last year and can't lift anything, anymore.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Coffee.jpg (7KB, 226x166px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee.jpg
7KB, 226x166px
Broke my back last year and can't lift anything, anymore. Used to be a successful cinematographer. Living on the West Coast area of Sacramento and Reno. Lost my job in December.

Anyone have recommendations on finding work that is $20/hour or more? Or a new career field all together that pays well from the get go?
>>
Yeah man,
Buy the dip.
>>
File: God.jpg (56KB, 470x588px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
56KB, 470x588px
>>2514833
>Be a cripple
>Buy some Ripple
>>
>>2514833
can you get one of your industry buddies to get you that job where you copy the tapes all day? it's really boring but might hit close to the $20/h mark.
>>
>>2514845
>>2514880
What is the dip and ripple?
>>
>>2514833
I managed to hurt myself as well. Sucks badly. I'm trying the whole internet money thing. Maybe will go to school to be a programmer.
>>
>>2514910
I don't do anything with tapes and no production I've ever been a part of does, either. I've only used digital. I used to run camera, assist the DP or be the DP for lighting and rigging, pre-production planning and consulting on shot layout, etc. I also used to edit, but I'm not the best editor so I don't think that is a viable career switch.

Ideally, I'd like to move to photography, but I have zero connections to that field. I also don't have $30,000 to invest in the proper set up I would need to start my own photography business. And $30k is really on the very low end.

At this point, I'm considering going back to school for something new, but well paying. Not sure if I can do that, though, because my original school bills aren't paid for.
>>
>>2514833
how did you break your back

hopefully while not being a retard
>>
>>2514951
I wouldn't mind that. Make games or something. I can't program for much else, though. Spent about a year practicing on youtube and got nowhere. Really hard mind set to get into, but the gaming thing wasn't too bad.

How are you planning on making money online other than programmer? I'm trying to get an IT phone job that allows me to work from home right now. But the position is up in the air on openings and I don't think they will have it available for another 6 months.
>>
>>2515045
Honestly, I literally woke up with back pain. No idea how since I used to stretch and work out regularly. Went to get the MRI and they said my muscles and lower spine are fucked. They said I must have had problems for years, but I said I was fine and felt no pain at all, stretched regularly, etc. Out of nowhere, just bad back. Like someone fucking rolled a car over me in the middle of the night. No idea why or how it happened.
>>
>>2515060
What school did you go to OP? Currently going to city college, planning on transferring to UCSB or UCSB then interning for my uncle that's a DP
>>
>>2515095

jesus dude what the fuck that is terrifying

sorry about your back bro
>>
>>2515120
Went to a for-profit. I'd rather not say because I'm embarrassed for being so naive when I was younger. Taught myself everything I know after graduation and worked hard to get where I got.
>>
>>2515152
Thanks. Not going to lie, it's been rough. I'd really like to learn a knowledge-based skill or continue to help with planning or something. Was pretty good at that with lighting, rigging, and camera operations. No idea how to make money doing JUST that, though.
>>
>>2515095
ok thats scary

are you overweight at all?

just want to know so i can avoid what happened to you
>>
>>2515040

DIT maybe? Camera dept so may be able to switch to it as a second category in the union (assuming you're in the union). Pays well, doesn't require a ton of heavy lifting
>>
>>2514880
literally this lmao
>>
>>2515254
No. Even now I'm maybe 10 pounds over what I was before working out, but not too bad.
>>2515314
I'll look into that, thanks.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.