[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I stop giving a fuck? My job is pretty crucial for many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1421048690355.jpg (22KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1421048690355.jpg
22KB, 500x382px
How can I stop giving a fuck?

My job is pretty crucial for many companies projects moving forward or being dead in the water. This puts enormous pressure on me to complete shit on time, but lately the work has been piling up faster than I can complete on time. Sometimes I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders. My job is highly specialized and if I quit, it would probably tank the company I work for and cause problems for a dozen others.

I just want to keep working without concern for killing myself meeting deadlines and completing shit on time, and people hassling me about when something will get finished. This life is aging me quickly.

Anyone have experience with this? What can I do besides have a cup of man the fuck up or 420 blaze it faggot? I just don't wanna give a fuck no mo'.
>>
see a therapist or something
or just do you job
>>
>>2505229

ask for a raise or atleast inquire about dropping some responsibilities.

if you have leverage, use it to put yourself in a better position.
>>
>>2505229
>they can't afford to lose me
>yet they still treat me like shit
you already know the answer
>>
>>2505229
>My job is highly specialized and if I quit, it would probably tank the company I work for and cause problems for a dozen others.
Look at how much leverage you have in the situation, op. Do as much work as you can while maintaining your mental health and if the bossman gets up your ass, tell him to fuck himself and that you are only one person.
>>
Ask more money wtf. They give you all these resposabilities and don't pay you accordingly. Just ask more or leave.
>>
>>2505229
Wanting things is the root of unhappiness. Just give up on needing money. American psychology is twisted and fucked up.

You'll be happier when you realize you don't need anything.
>>
>>2505296
Yeah I agree, I still live like a loser even though I don't have to. I save probably half of what I make. Just pocketing it. I invested in Ethereum and am up 40k since March. I'm not a schmuck who runs into money and then uses that money to put more obligations onto his back and enslaves himself further.

Sometimes I want to just throw it all away and get lifted.
>>
>>2505264
Yeah, the problem is that my boss is a good friend of mine and we go back many years. I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place. My job is also not easily transferable to another company. It would be extremely difficult to get another one doing what I do.

I just want to stop caring about people's dumbass projects and live my life on Hawaiian time, just finishing shit when it gets finished
>>
>>2505323
great now this is going to be a beg thread. gj.
>>
>>2505389
Tell your bossfriend that it's getting out of hand and you need to start giving projects more time. He should be able to understand.
>>
Invest your life savings in great memecoins, retire in style
>>
>>2505296
>wanting things is the root of unhappiness. Just give up on needing money. American psychology is twisted and fucked up.
This
>>2505323
>Youre a loser unless you buy all the worthless shit (((they))) want to sell you
>>
>>2505229
Tell your boss you are considering starting your own business, and would he be interested in hiring you as a consultant.

Or make a plan showing that you could achieve more for the business with extra staff and pitch it.

Or if he really is a friend ask for help.

Not delivering? Sounds gay op. Man up and if you need more resources to deliver more then request more.

Don't fail to deliver.

By the way - is the work piling up because you spend all your spare time coin trading now?
>>
>>2505463
Nope - it's piling up because my coworker rage quit 2 months ago and business picks up from summer til winter.
>>
>>2505490
Well they need to hire someone to help you.
>>
>>2505229

go talk to your managers about it

dumbass
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.