[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Ive been trading for awhile now and I just have to know what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: well.jpg (24KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
24KB, 450x350px
So Ive been trading for awhile now and I just have to know

what exactly IS a "blockchain"? Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
It's the transaction record, a list of every single transaction that's happened within a given coin
>>
>>2493028
why is that important? why is it the main point of every coin
>>
>>2493035
what the fuck... just stop trading at this point
>>
>>2492950
It's called Google youtube if you are a complete fucking autist.
>>
>>2492950
it's a decentralized database
>>
The reason the blockchain needs to exist is that it validates that you own the money that you hodl. Once you send it to another wallet, that wallet has to reconcile against the blockchain across several thousands of servers to prove that you own it. Basically it protects against duplication. There's more to it, but that's the normie rundown
>>
File: rooms-by-the-sea.jpg (165KB, 1000x734px) Image search: [Google]
rooms-by-the-sea.jpg
165KB, 1000x734px
>>2493090
thanks for the basic gesalt
>>
>>2493035
The blockchain provides a way for everyone to know where coins come from, and whether or not they're real. If it weren't for the blockchain, someone would be able to create new coins and you wouldn't be able to know where they came from. But since every single transaction is recorded in the blockchain and confirmed by the miners, you can trust with 100% certainty that all coins are real.
>>
>>2493035

Gonna try to be unusually nice for a 4chan post here. But do you know what a Ledger is? Well, a blockchain is a universal, decentralized (by redundantly being copied to many different nodes), and unambiguous ledger that is also secure, partly due to being a robust stack (a database that you can't modify without moving the whole data). It is what makes transactions between parties failsafe and also what makes the whole thing even able to function as a transaction currency, since the records each block contain are an "absolute" proof that two addresses have exchanged the blockchain's parent coin and even the order relating to other transactions.

So, if you do understand it at least for fiat currencies, it's the even more efficient and mathematically safe ledger of cryptocurrencies.
>>
>>2493122
>>2493117

nice, thanks for that quick recap. I finally understand
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.