[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, enough about crypto. Give me some tips on reselling.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: e.png (4KB, 348x145px) Image search: [Google]
e.png
4KB, 348x145px
Alright, enough about crypto. Give me some tips on reselling.

I'm talking buying stuff off craigslist, and at yard sales and thrift stores, and then reselling them on ebay or craigslist for profit.

I just started doing it and I actually really enjoy it. But I'm not making any money. In fact, I'm losing money so far. I know thats pretty common when you start something like this but still I want to get better.

Any tips?
>>
>>2491219
>Any tips?
Stop reselling. Unless you're well-established or have access to a niche supplier or have a good eye for clothing or are naturally very lucky in finding good deals, it's a losing proposition. For people that aren't regulars, eBay is good for cleaning out the closet and making a little bit of spare change, that's it.
>>
>>2491219
Buy high sell low
>>
>>2491219
i did this for years, made some terrific profit. but that was 3-4 years ago. ebay seems like a rotting corpse now. no one bids on shit anymore. everyones a cheap skate who tries to haggle you. ebay policies and customer service suck shit. soo sadly, ive pretty much stopped selling
>>
>>2491231
This guy is spot on, you'd be better off setting up your own biz if you have the spare time instead of reselling nonsense.
>>2491247
Also true. Ebay has some of the greediest people I have encountered in my life. The shit that they ask of me for the things that I sell and the shit that they actually buy is ridiculous.
>>
>>2491247
ebay gives you strict selling limits as a new seller too. Like, they only allow new members to sell 10 items a month when they're first starting out.

Also, no one wants to buy from someone who has zero feedback.
>>
>>2491279
>you'd be better off setting up your own biz if you have the spare time instead of reselling nonsense

Any business ideas? I'm a NEET with chronic pain issues. That's why I found the reselling business attractive. It's tough for me to hold down a regular part time job.

I'm just trying to make a few hundred bucks a month right now to be honest.
>>
>>2491312
There are some threads on /biz/ already now which are discussing that, get some info from them. Just avoid/filter the crypto coin shit which is 95% of threads. Also look in the archive, some good stuff posted past week here.
Otherwise you'll definitely want to concentrate around your strengths and weaknesses in biz, look up some good motivational speakers on YT like garyvee to get started. You're in phase zero which is knowing nothing about nothing, it's hard to guide you really just spend next few weeks deeply reading this stuff and slowly go from there.
>>
No matter what you sell, take the time to write a description that shows you're a person who is capable of being communicative. I started selling much more when I started doing this. As you browse around on ebay, notice how different you feel after reading a description into which effort was made, vs someone copying and pasting the specs / dimensions.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.