[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just read the etherium Hello World. Do I get this right? A "smart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: etha.png (140KB, 972x762px) Image search: [Google]
etha.png
140KB, 972x762px
Just read the etherium Hello World. Do I get this right?

A "smart contract" you write is basically a OOP class for a bot. You compile it at your local machine.

You must pay (e.g. ether on the etherium blockchain) to do something on (write information to) a (Turing complete) blockchain (writing down a transaction is a special case of doing something).

So uploading an instance of your class ("smart contract") costs some amount, and if you use it to change something on the blockchain you again pay. (Hello world just prints something to the standard output and so it's free service once the contract is up).

Correct?
>>
bump, interesting question
>>
File: of_sorts.gif (219KB, 899x455px) Image search: [Google]
of_sorts.gif
219KB, 899x455px
>>2459489
Thanks.

Also, I'm wondering if there's a cool coding project out there. What would you guys be interested in regarding coins and blockchain? For now, I'm just thinking about taking the price data and evaluating it one way or the other.
I do Bayesian inference for my job, although not in finance.
What would be a information service/website that you'd be interested in and that doesn't really exist yet. What do you need, /biz?/

http://blockchain-technology.appspot.com/
>>
File: fk.png (946KB, 640x688px) Image search: [Google]
fk.png
946KB, 640x688px
I'm working on a Python scripting tool that loads prices and detects if something is happening. Nice and good, and then you can store and work on the data at home, but for the most part graphic tools exist and this market is so volatile that nobody would have good reason to respect my expectations. Nevermind the fact that "disruptive" product and even coins arise every day.

There are indeed already api's e.g. for Kraken in many languages
https://www.kraken.com/help/api
https://github.com/veox/python3-krakenex
>>
No one here gives a fuck. They just want to get rich quick
>>
>>2460223
Try on /g/, we are greedy here, not coders. Godspeed son.
>>
File: Screen Shot 2017-05-16 Haskell.png (250KB, 1009x597px) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 Haskell.png
250KB, 1009x597px
>>2460341
>>2460461
I get that.
But there are of course also tools and services (for trading) you guys would like to see that can accessed from some website.
>>
>>2459640
Just spent 15 minutes fucking hypnotized by this.

Also, why do we still make kids write a bubble sorting algorithm in undergrad when it clearly eats the ass out of a dead rhinoceros?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.