[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we have bond backed coins? Think of it: each

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Why don't we have bond backed coins?

Think of it: each coin acts like a share of a bond ETF. Each coin is entitled to fraction of the monthly dividend payouts of said bond portfolio.

The coins would not be mineable, but issued by the portfolio manager.

In situations like the current correction, they would be THE crypto to own for flight to quality.

Bondcoin. What does /biz/ think?
>>
What's the advantage over just buying a bond or a bond-based fund?
>>
>>2458659
The liquidity of being able to send/receive them with the speed of crypto.

The ability to trade them on crypto exchanges.

Cold storage (big benefit as the treasury no longer issues paper bonds).
>>
File: 1476800438825.jpg (214KB, 979x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476800438825.jpg
214KB, 979x1000px
I really think there's a market for this, /biz/.

I would sure as hell add treasury bond backed cryptocurrency to my cryptocurrency portfolio.

Imagine receiving steady monthly dividend payouts in Bondcoin bits to the wallet of your choice. Backed by what the investment community considers the gold standard for safe investments.
>>
>>2458615
I like this idea, seems like a lot of potential. If this idea becomes more concrete, and has a future, and you need a dev, hmu purgatory[at]memeware.net
>>
OP, you just described a money market account.

It wouldn't be a coin because it would not be peer-to-peer. It would be traceable and linked to individuals and it'd just be shares or units in a money market fund.

Or would each 'coin' be considered it's 'own account' that just has the value of one share of the ETF? I'm not sure how banking laws would apply to it.
>>
This will eventually happen but right now there's a number of problems from a legal perspective:
1) AML/KYC regulations. Crypto has none and even if it did, it'd be near impossible to enforce.
2) securities and SEC regulations. This would technically be a sale of unregistered securities which = massive sec banhammer.
3) distribution and management. Who would buy bonds, distribute and manage the proceeds? unless someone bought and managed the funds it wouldn't work (ain't going to be the gov). Till then it would be a centralized point of failure for this fund. Defeats the whole point of decentralization. The sec would be up your ass very quickly since you're a small fish. They're a proven limp dick regulator who prefers easy wins over big ones.see their failure to catch madoff and derivatives fuckery
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.