[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in my quest to learn what the fuck is going on with all this,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1493867346643.jpg (89KB, 600x663px) Image search: [Google]
1493867346643.jpg
89KB, 600x663px
So in my quest to learn what the fuck is going on with all this, consider this scenario:
Pretend LSK is .0015 BTC on Polo (say BTC is $2000 USD). So that would make LSK $3, right?

So now pretend like there was 0 trade volume for LSK, like people literally just didnt touch it, but BTC went up to $3000. What would the price of LSK be on Polo...or even simpler...what would happen to the price?
>>
>>
>>2452902
So that's what I initially assumed...but since the prices on Polo are coin/btc, it wouldn't be .0015 anymore since BTC rose, or am I thinking about this in the wrong way?
>>
So you're saying I should buy Bitbean?
>>
>>2453122
God damn you I'm trying to learn what these prices actually mean lol
>>
>>2452943
You are thinking about this the wrong way. The Coin/BTC markets you are referring to are literally trading X amount of BTC for X amount of Coin. So your 1 LSK is still worth 0.0015 BTC no matter what the value of BTC is.

In a market that acts rationally in terms of USD and reacts to BTC price fluctuations against USD, the price of LSK/BTC should go up, but that's not what this is.

Even if BTC dropped all the way to $1, LSK would still only be 0.0015 BTC. The crypto market is ENTIRELY measured in BTC, so if BTC's price goes down, people will look at it as USD's price simply going up because they are trying to stock up on BTC, not USD.

Got it?
>>
>>2453152
buyers would realize that lsk is only worth $3 and wouldn't buy it until someone sells it at the $3 worth of btc price.
>>
>>2452842
I'm going to take mercy on you this one time, and answer this properly instead of berating you.

If there is zero trade volume, your lisk is worth nothing, $0. If there's no one buying your bags, you are stuck with them. Your coins aren't worth anything if no one wants to buy them. If 1 person wants to buy 1/100 of your coins for $10, and 99 people want to buy for $1 - you're only going to get $199 total, not $1000 because that one person bought the first one for $10.
>>
>>2453166
So if the "price" of an altcoin has nothing to do with the price of BTC, then how does 1 LSK remain .0015 regardless of the fiat price of BTC? I feel like I'm having a downs syndrome moment.

Like to make this easy, say I had 1 BTC and it was worth $100 USD. Say Coin was .25 BTC per coin. In theory, Coin would be worth $25. If my 1 BTC tanked to a worth of $1 USD, I could still buy 4 of Coin with it, but wouldn't Coin's worth have crashed as well?
>>
>>2453330
Yes... almost all alts are traded against btc. That's why the movement of bitcoin price affect all cryptos
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.