[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lmaoing at all the people on this board that are not prepared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

lmaoing at all the people on this board that are not prepared for aug 1.

really hope they all just leave forever after that.
>>
File: 1483386723470.jpg (41KB, 636x301px) Image search: [Google]
1483386723470.jpg
41KB, 636x301px
>>2452175
Aug 1st is a whale meme made to accumulate weak hands thru abysmal Fear-Of-Loss.
>>
This place is hysteria 24/7 with .1% discussion.
>>
>Im not diversified enought
>I give a shit about august 1st
>Being a nocoiner

Are nocoiners perpetually BTFO? I bet it hurts you to watch this board.
>>
How should I get prepared?
>>
File: 1495956593667.png (60KB, 255x179px) Image search: [Google]
1495956593667.png
60KB, 255x179px
>>2452200
I especially love these
>>
>>2452211
Fiat cashout
>>
>>2452211
Make sure all of your btc is under your direct control. Generate a keypair and keep the privkey safe. Keeping it on an exchange is extremely risky because they could fuck up bip148 adoption and go out of business if they cause a big enough gap in the blockchain. They could potentially owe shitloads of money if they make a mistake. None of my btc goes on an exchange after aug 1 unless I know they support both bip 148 and legacy. In fact, every wallet you send to after aug 1 better support both legacy and bip 148 or things could seriously go wrong.
>>
>>2452287
Does this affect altcoins?
if BTC gets fucked on exchanges, do ALT/BTC pairs get fucked?
>>
>>2452310
It doesn't affect the security of altcoins unless you keep your alts on an exchange, and that exchange goes out of business as a result of negligent adoption planning. Just to be safe, I would avoid storing any coins on exchanges until we're sure things aren't fucked. I'd give it like 3 months after aug 1. The price though? Who the fuck knows. People WILL lose large amounts of bitcoin for not preparing, and we're already showing signs of btc starting to drop (yeah same old meme, but there's a real basis this time) that's all there is to it. No telling what that could do to the markets.
>>
https://medium.com/@lukedashjr/bip148-and-the-risks-it-entails-for-you-whether-you-run-a-bip148-node-or-not-b7d2dbe85ce6
>>
>>2452239
DICKS OUT
CASH OUT
>>
Tell me bizbros. What's the best plan? Cash out and wait for prices to dip and comeback with a stronger position?
I'm scared.
>>
>>2452211
because those retards are speaking in riddles;

as of today; on aug 1st bitcoin is going to HARD fork into 2 different blockchains. that's why you need to retain control of your coins. if you have 1 BTC, you'll have 1 BTC on both chains after the hard fork. if exchanges pick up the new chain, you'll be able to sell them both (1+1 BTC). no one really knows what's going to happen yet, it could change on a moments notice.

realistically, one of the chains will be a minority chain, and will be destined to die off. it's up to chance which one it will be, the miners (bigger blocks) or bitcoin core (segwit).

both sides are absolute pieces of shit, complete trash. the miners have more financially risk in the equation though so I'm inclined to lean towards them. bitcoin core team is know for fud/astroturfing, while the miners simply need to turn a profit (which is just as bad). the core team (blockstream) holds key patents though, so they are financially in the game too.

really, the only safe option here is to sell all your btc before 8/1 and buy eth. that's pretty much the long and the short of it. fuck bitcoin, it's going to die.
>>
>>2452492
another possibility, both chains will survive. this is why both ETC (ethereum classic) and ETH (ethereum) both exist. ETC is surviving because it's being kept alive by shills/whales making bank off of it. long term I would NOT hold any ETC though.
>>
>>2452492
should i change my 1.8btc in altcoins to btc and move the btc in to my wallet?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.