[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Web developer here (but not a /g/ cuck), about to build a subscription

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: fist-bump.jpg (90KB, 655x500px) Image search: [Google]
fist-bump.jpg
90KB, 655x500px
Web developer here (but not a /g/ cuck), about to build a subscription side-business. Anyone here have experience or gotchas going down that route? I'm not banking on it making me loads of money, but it could potentially do that. I want to know what I'm getting myself into.
>>
What's wrong with /g/ you faggot

Subscription to roughly what?
>>
Join this discord. You could easily make 10,000 this month.

discord.gg/vdTqeE
>>
>>2438292
>Subscription to roughly what?

Roughly, a tool to externally verify new website users (close to email verification, but not quite). Making dev tools isn't my usual cup of tea, but this one seemed interesting and doable. Website admins would pay me $X per X users that they have signed up on their site.
>>
>>2438293
Link isn't working, do you have a new one?
>>
>>2438599
But why would they pay you when they can do their own email verification for free?
>>
>>2439325
>yfw OP never thought about it this far
OP, if you want to make business you need to market dumb people who can't be bothered to make something themselves. This means the working class.
>>
File: mock3.png (3MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mock3.png
3MB, 1920x1280px
>>2439325
>But why would they pay you when they can do their own email verification for free?

Opie here. Because that's not actually what it does. The other poster asked for a rough approximation, and that gives an idea of who the target audience is.
But I'm not giving away deets just yet. All I'm looking for is a bit of wisdom from folks who have made subscription businesses in the past, what to watch out for, marketing channels, advice, etc.
>>
Subscription billing infrastructure is hard and a waste of time to build out if you just want to build a product. Use some service like stripe or recurly to do that shit for you.

Don't spend too much money on marketing trying to push this onto people right out of the gate, save that for later once you understand the market segment you can get. Get a few customers and really get to know them and their needs. Talk to them about what needs they have related to your service and the kinds of things they'd be willing to have. Direct email conversations, surveys when you have a few more, etc. Try to figure out the kind of customers you'd like to acquire. Build a great service. Go from there.
>>
>>2440155
What are you doing?

I do user verification, we tell website owners:
>city, state/location, country
>type of device, screen resolution
>isp
>isp type (residential, vpn, etc)

Do you have something beyond this?
>>
>>2440250
Thanks anon, those are largely things that I've heard elsewhere too. What about things like compliance/liability/data guarantees?
>>
I'm looking to start a subscription-based service as well. My question is, I'm normally a backend developer, my frontend experience is limited to rich clients (like Windows Desktop).

Have you found any great website templates or pre-built options that are easy to use? Looking to cut out the process as much as possible of having to learn a bunch of new tech to build a site from scratch.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.