[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've never mined coins before. Was under the impression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1497134595420.jpg (51KB, 388x288px) Image search: [Google]
1497134595420.jpg
51KB, 388x288px
So I've never mined coins before. Was under the impression that it was all mined on proprietary asic out of china with dirty cheap coal power. I have a connection with a manufacturing company with an industrial power source that has an incremental power cost of ~$0.03/kwh during non peak times, 50 Mbps fiber internet (can get up to 10 gbps) and is willing to give me some space for mining so long as I don't bump up there peak power at all. (Most of there power bill is this huge ass gay fee based on the highest 15 minutes of usage in the month.) They are willing to let me do this for free as a proof of concept basis, if it looks good they would be willing to invest like $25k on hardware and after the $25k is payed back they would split the profits 50/50 (I keep everything running and manage it, they provide free rent for the gear and power costs ($0.03/kwh) would come off the top, upgrading/additional hardware would be split evenly). Is this like one of those things I should jump on or is it something I'd be wasting my time and money with. How cheap does power have to get to make a profit mining coins? At first I would just run it during non business hours but with some more monitoring I could probably determine just when those 15 minute peaks are and cut out around them.
>>
good luck finding gpus or paying x4 on ebay
>>
>>2438217
>How cheap does power have to get to make a profit mining coins

Nigga you are literally guaranteed a profit in ETH mining. Literally just a matter of time and hardware before you hit ROI.
>>
>>2438217
Mine ETH and become rich, if anything you posted is true you can do it, you would be stupid not to. I'd invest in that if you weren't a random anon.
>>
>>2438217
you should do it. Finding gpus right now will be your biggest challenge. but once its up you get free money for putting nothing up front for your time. though it sounds like once they realize they dont need you they will jew you out of the equation so sign a contract.
>>
>>2438922
>>2438648
>>2438605
Where the fuck do you buy them? How do you know when they're going to be back in stock

What GPUs are good?
>>
Currently running eight RX 580s, a 1080TI FTW3 and a 980TI mining ETH. What would you like to know?
>>
Thanks everyone, I'm going to go for it.

They have a couple workstations with GPU's I think I can talk them into letting me have RDP access to. I have a RX 460 and a few older cards I can transplant down there as well. Going to start with that and see if I can show enough of a proof of concept to get them to pay out for dedicated miner rigs.

>>2439008
Do you mine ETH exclusively?
What OS are you using?
Do you mine in a pool or solo?
>>
>>2439085
I currently mine ETH exclusively. I dual mined decred at the same time for a while but it did a number on one of my power supplied.

Running Windows 10 on one PC and Windows 7 on the other (Linux works perfectly fine too...there are just a lot of great hardware monitoring/overclocking tools that aren't Linux compatible).

I mine on etherpool (started with nanopool) so no I don't do solo mining (ethpool).

Best bet is to go to Newegg and set auto-notify for all the 580's (the lesser cards like 480s get decent hashrate too) but with my 580s I get a steady 28-30 MH/s per card. At the current price I'm averaging about $50 a day on my main miner (six RX 580s) before energy costs.
>>
File: eth.png (36KB, 604x508px) Image search: [Google]
eth.png
36KB, 604x508px
>>2439130

Got an ETH wallet, downloaded claymore, started mining. Oscillating between 10.6 and 11.6 MHS, that's about what the internet says I should get for my card. But I'm getting this concerning rejected shares thing. Any idea what that means?

ETH - Total Speed: 3.145 Mh/s, Total Shares: 1, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:12
ETH: GPU0 3.145 Mh/s
DCR - Total Speed: 47.169 Mh/s, Total Shares: 3, Rejected: 3
DCR: GPU0 47.169 Mh/s
DCR: 06/14/17-00:01:52 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 0)
DCR: Share rejected (234 ms)!
ETH: 06/14/17-00:01:53 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 11.645 Mh/s, Total Shares: 1, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:12
ETH: GPU0 11.645 Mh/s
DCR - Total Speed: 174.677 Mh/s, Total Shares: 4, Rejected: 4
DCR: GPU0 174.677 Mh/s
>>
>>2438971
They will be producing more during the holidays and they will also be taking this years mad rush into consideration and be releasing mining specific cards. But I have a feeling the days of $220 rx 470's is gone.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.