[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will coinbase freeze my account if I buy and move BTC to bittrex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: PepeCurrency.png (168KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
PepeCurrency.png
168KB, 640x480px
Will coinbase freeze my account if I buy and move BTC to bittrex?

I want to buy ARK, but I don't want them to take all of my fecking ETH coins away
>>
>>2436069
Why would they?
>>
Yeah, why would they? It isn't illegal, just don't send them to a darknet wallet ;-)
>>
>>2436088
>>2436104
... you guys are sure? I googled it, and it looks like a redditfriend was frozen out just for transfering to bittrex and poloniex here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5uhbm1/coinbase_closed_my_account_with_pending/

I'm a normie that only knows bitcoin paper wallets, but I don't wanna fucc up by transfering my ETH somewhere and they're gone forever :^(
>>
>>2436167
First i have ever heard of it being an issue, if you are concerned just send to a personal wallet....then Bittrex.
>>
File: beware.png (160KB, 1792x538px) Image search: [Google]
beware.png
160KB, 1792x538px
This question is asked with some frequency here and people give uninformed answers.

>>2436088
>>2436104
>>2436167
>>2436193

https://www.coinbase.com/legal/user_agreement?locale=en

It is explicitly against Coinbase's terms to use their platform to transfer funds to an exchange like Bittrex. THEY HAVE SHUT DOWN PLENTY OF ACCOUNTS FOR DOING THIS.

For what it's worth, I have never experienced any difficulties or issues with sending coins from CB to Bittrex, but you should be aware that if you decide to send coins back from Bittrex (or any exchange) to CB they will know that it came from Bittrex.

Look on Etherscan. You can see when a transaction came from Bittrex, Poloniex, Kraken, and so forth.

I recommend using a wallet (e.g. MyEtherWallet) as an intermediary to be safe. Even multiple wallets perhaps.

Don't store your wealth on coinbase anyway.
>>
>>2436167
>>2436479
wtf this is the first time ive heard of this rule. why the fuck would they care? and even if they enforced it people would send it to a wallet and then bittrex anyway
>>
File: 1459363803563.jpg (25KB, 640x273px) Image search: [Google]
1459363803563.jpg
25KB, 640x273px
>>2436479
wew lad what a bunch of kikes
>>
>>2436479
THANK YOU for the informative reply. I'm just going to wait for Kraken verification in that case... Cheers man.
>>
>>2436479

Fuck, thanks for this. I've transfered like 2.5 btc off CB to kraken and polo a couple weeks ago, nothing has happened but I won't anymore, I have enough money sitting in CB now I'd be super bummed about getting locked out of it.
>>
>>2436702

I honestly have no idea but I would not be surprised if they automatically locked accounts that received funds from Bittrex addresses.

>>2436776

Not a problem, just keeping my bros safe.

If you're in a time crunch you should feel fine getting coins on coinbase and transferring to a wallet of your own though. It's much easier to set up than people realize.

>>2437076

Glad to be of assistance. I've done the same as you on a number of occasions.

I'm not sure if they know when you're sending money to an exchange or if they only catch you when an exchange sends money back to your coinbase account, though.
>>
>>2437191
i wonder if could go
Bittrex -> minergate -> coinbase
>>
>>2437191
>If you're in a time crunch you should feel fine getting coins on coinbase and transferring to a wallet of your own though. It's much easier to set up than people realize.

I'll probably get to it tomorrow then. You think myetherwallet's the way to go though over Mist or just a regular paper wallet though? I'm just going to be hodling the ETH so I wouldn't need to move it, but godamn was doing a paper wallet stressful for BTC lol
>>
>>2437709
because it looked like people *have* lost their money from it before, though it was over a year ago...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.