[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will you do when a single quantum computer drives coin inflation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: QRL.png (189KB, 1253x1000px) Image search: [Google]
QRL.png
189KB, 1253x1000px
What will you do when a single quantum computer drives coin inflation so much that all of your meme coins have 0 worth? Ofcourse you will have your handy hedge coin ready
>>
>>2429771
nice breakout at last.
hodling this one. longterm
>>
File: brain-universe.jpg (21KB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
brain-universe.jpg
21KB, 350x261px
>>2429771
yeah I bought at 20k sats but only 40 euros worth. might buy more next dip
This is a long holder for sure.

have you fuckers read the whitepaper?
https://theqrl.org/whitepaper/QRL_whitepaper.pdf
>>
>>2429771
Holding 550 of it since 1 week, but plan to keep it at least 1 year
22nd of June it will double at least
>>
>>2429771
Once quantum computers are out the whole blockchain mechanism goes in the bin.
QRL is dumb
>>
>>2429893
We'll have bigger problems than just blockchain collapsing.. You could just put a tap on any medium of telecommunication, including everything over the air like cellular and just send it off to a server for decryption. Imagine a world without any encryption at all. Everything will be out the fucking window.
>>
>>2429862
I tried to. 3 times.
that math looks like fucking insanity to me.
>>
>>2430017
It's pretty straightforward actually, they just formalized it and didn't put in enough plaintext explanations for normies

Tl;dr it's good and it should moon eventually
>>
QRL is already starting to take off.

Get in now while it's still cheap.
>>
>>2429862
>written in LaTeX

awww shit is this coin this guy's PhD thesis project or something, goddamn
>>
>>2429771
What is this? Anyone wanna summarize?
>>
/biz/ newfag here

Do you need to use all sorts of different sites to buy all the less known coins? like ripple, golem, dash, steem, doge, BAT, etc
and use bitcoin instead of FIAT as currency?
also do you use different coin-specific wallets for them?

if there is one good place to trade all sorts of coins you could recommend, that'd be nice
>>
>>2430595
I mostly trade on bittrex.com, because they are stable and have many coins, but I only trade there with crypto, fiat to crypto I trade on kraken.com. I guess if you are an amerifag coinbase for example works too
>>
There are already quantum secure algorithms.
It's just a matter of switching/upgrading. They already use partically eliptic curves, though i didn't look into if they use the modified robust version or the old one that got pwned.
>>
>>2430595
GOOGLE
GOOGLE
GOOGLE
>>
File: chart.png (42KB, 1184x619px) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
42KB, 1184x619px
eh, doesn't look that great
>>
>>2430650
thanks senpai

>>2430710
(((Google)))
>>
Just bought 50 of them at $1.3. Time to HODL
>>
>>2430540
supposedly a coin that uses quantum computing resistant cryptography, which doesn't make sense to me how its possible with quantum computing not yet being a thing. Then again I'm a brainlet at programming.
>>
got 1200 at 24003 sats. pretty happy right now
>>
File: 1496952225759.jpg (43KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496952225759.jpg
43KB, 480x640px
>>2430891
get them as cheap as you can, ge tthe dips this is gonna be a sleeping giant.
>>
lol it is fucking xby all over again
>>
>>2431004
that's fine with me so long as the bubble keeps growing
>>
>>2429771

Just bought in with 1 BTC. Time to hodl at least until I can actually start using these coins somewhere. I have high hopes just by reading through that whitepaper. It's goddamn impressive.
>>
>>2430969
It's a thing but with low qbits. The theoretical models are still in development but they are already quite worked out so people take these models and build algorithms accordingly. It's not foolproof as there is still advancement and thus algorithms break but it's holding up so far.
>>
File: 01020106366000.jpg (37KB, 420x293px) Image search: [Google]
01020106366000.jpg
37KB, 420x293px
>>2431102
>>
>>2430739
Your don't look that great
>>
>quantum resistant
>built on ethereum
Literacy pottery
>>
buying at that ath was retarded but fomo can be a bitch if you want to trade.

it's a very young coin with relatively low supply of coin. solid white paper. crazy volume over 24 hours
it's perhaps a bit early to the game. but there will be interest over time.
Hold this coin and forget for a few months.

inb4 >hold my bags.
don't give a fuck retards, see you at $10 a coin
>>
This will boom. Can't wait
>>
>>2431533
they are launching their own chain in August/September.

I'd recommend buying before that happens.
>>
>>2429771
I'm a literal retard, but anyone who keeps all their investments in one type of value is also a retard and deserves to be the 99.9% who will be turned into biofuel in the quantum computing dystopian future. Assuming that the world doesn't nuke itself or weaponized bio-warfare itself into the stone age before then.

Buy some land in a stable western country. Buy some guns, some gold, some businesses, vehicles, start a cult, buy power plants, farms, ect. Build some paramilitary style bases around the world and hop between them on a private jet.

There will be much bigger problems when quantum computing comes to be, if it ever does, such as sentient general artificial intelligence and the technological singularity in general. Once we have something like a quantum computer then gene editing takes off in an instant and it's gonna be the old humans against the constantly updating super race. A super race of humans combined with cybernetics? We're all fucked unless they keep it in the closet long enough for it to be so much more powerful than current humans that they wipe the "obsolete" (probably 99.99999% of us) out in seemingly an instant. At least then our extinction can be something close to merciful.

The real question is how long do you want to live?
>>
>>2432024
You do realise that in 10 years when this shit stabilizes we'll all liquidate most of this, chuck it into vanguard and live on perpetual income, right?
>>
>>2432336
>we'll all
>all
Yeah, no. There's gonna be a lot of dummies who don't and spend their last days poisoning their liver and telling people who don't give a fuck about how they used to be rich in the form of memecoins.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.