[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What marketable skills (technological subjects or abilities)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1462431345366.jpg (83KB, 580x440px) Image search: [Google]
1462431345366.jpg
83KB, 580x440px
What marketable skills (technological subjects or abilities) do I will need to learn in the banking/financial sector that could be useful in the future?
How Bitcoins and cryptocurrencies work?
A programing language like Java or Phyton?
Excell?
What will be usefull to learn to be "attractive" or employable for employers in the future in that sector?
>>
>>2421753
>>
>>2422335
kek nigger coin on my resume
>>
In order of importance
>Microsoft office (Be a excell pro)
>Accounting/bookkeeping
>Macro Economics
>Grant writing and how to apply for them
>How hedge funds work
>What securities are and security trading works
>Trends in foreign currency exchange rates

I'm a market analyst for a pharma company.
So in my case I narrowed in on a specific niche in the market making me valuable to pharmaceutical companies.
However, understanding programing (C++ and java specifically) has endless potential across the board. As it stands now in regards to finance you might want to educate yourself on blockchain. I.e be able to look at a transaction hash and understand it.

Ethereum's LLL High level language is a good example of financial coding.

But in regards to marketable skills that make you valuable the list above covers the essential basics
>>
>>2422801
Follow this guy if you want a lowish level role, otherwise make sure to get a bachelor's in Computer Science and master's in Statistics or Machine Learning

No decent jobs will require you to use excel
>>
>>2422820
Follow this guy if you want to be a coder.
Because the mid and high level roles in a f500 are for coders. lol

If you want a desk take this advice.
If you want an office take mine.

>No decent job will require you to use excel
Lmao
/thread
>>
>>2423038
>coder

Pleb detected

I'm a programmer and I have my own office with a door and I'm straight out of college. Don't generalize everything to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>2423499
If you have an office as a programmer than you don't work in finance.
Which is the genesis of this thread.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.