[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that if you are a US citizen, you must report

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: taxproblems.jpg (9KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
taxproblems.jpg
9KB, 226x223px
Daily reminder that if you are a US citizen, you must report gains and losses for EVERY transaction you make.

So let's say you participated in a failed PnD and sold off your coins in multiple panic sells. You would have to report losses/gains for every single one of those transactions, even if you don't cash out to fiat.

To minimize taxes, literally stop day trading, put all your coins into ETH/long-term alt coins, and let it sit for a year before cashing out.

Also, here's a nifty site. https://bitcoin.tax/

Stay safe and don't go to jail, anons. Just remember to file your taxes correctly during tax season when it rolls around.
>>
>>2381695
If you're like most people here who only trade chump change (10$-300$) you should not bother at all
>>
Wrong. You aren't subject to shit until you cash out.
>>
>>2381695
>So let's say you participated in a failed PnD and sold off your coins in multiple panic sells. You would have to report losses/gains for every single one of those transactions, even if you don't cash out to fiat.
>even if you don't cash out to fiat
wrong. There are like-kind regulations that allow trading between securities that are alike (i.e. crypto) without having to report gains or losses.
>>
>>2381695
How in the FUCK is the IRS even supposed to have any idea what shitcoin pump and dump transactions I participate in unless I tell them?
>>
>>2381695

If you don't make over 10k a year, you're not obligated to pay any taxes. It's literally a rule on paypal. If you make more than 10k, you fall under the lower class bracket.

Less than 10k is what people use to eat and survive.
>>
>>2381695
What if my total net income is less than $9k this year?
>>
>>2381695
This sounds like bullshit. Whenever you decide to cash out means it'll just fall under the capital gains tax.
>>
>>2381764

They don't, nigger. Unless Microsoft or some devilish corporation wants to get crafty and pump them all of your private information.

That's illegal. I also expect my ISP to keep my website history private. So long as I don't plan any illegal things, everything is fine.

Don't cash out until Bitcoin rises into the main stream n 1-2 years.

Don't cash out until Bitcoin is everywhere in 10-15.

Don't cash out until you're 50-60 you dumb cunts.

Get a job in the mean time.

And if you're old, just give someone your wallet and it's theirs. That simple.
>>
>>2381695
>you must report gains and losses for EVERY transaction you make.
you've failed
trading is not a transaction, a transaction is a CONCLUSION
>>
>>2381695
That means I have to report my cashout from coinbase?
WHAT
And I just cashes out 5k...
>>
>>2381695
the IRS only cares if you sell or get dividends.
>>
>>2381892
Same thing. A trade is a transaction with a conclusion.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.