[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /biz/, some questions for you because I'm a raddit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1496030803780.jpg (66KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1496030803780.jpg
66KB, 600x449px
Hello /biz/, some questions for you because I'm a raddit cringe faggot.

Playing devil's advocate: BTC's value is measured in fiat currency. I.e., USD. Fiat currency governs the world. Do you really believe all the powers that be would allow BTC to come and disrupt the status quo?

As of 2017, BTC's value derives from speculation, that's what drives the price up. This is great for investors but again, there is no inherent value. You can argue that fiat currency has no "inherent value" but that's false because fiat currency is backed the the federal government and there is massive incentive for countries to not default. It's a succesful system that has produced all the great innovation we see in 2017. BTC sounds radical in theory, but governments are meant to be stable, dull, and boring by design. That's what inspires the people's confidence in the government.

Say the entire world adopted bitcoin in place of fiat currency, then what? What is the value of a bitcoin? Do you measure it in bananas? Or do you just back it by gold and silver? Then we are back to square one.
>>
Japan may have declared BTC as legal tender with some caveats but remember, Japan exists because USA allows it to.

If we remove all the fiat currency in the world, what is left? Resources. We are back to ground zero, in a world of just simply resources. Which country then, has the most power with no fiat currency? Well, countries would start taking things by force and America still has the most resources. They will swallow North and South America and move towards europe. Nothing changes, right? America has the most money. Take that away, america still has the most resources. Fiat currency is backed by the reputation of the government. The world trusts the U.S Dollar because the U.S is able to demonstrate its value

If BTC is decentralized, where does that leave all the other countries in the mix? I see at best, it's just another fiat currency with a major roller coaster ride.

Debt means nothing if you cannot enforce punishment. If the U.S decides to not pay back a debt, what can anybody do? Sanction the U.S?
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.