[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go about finding a good business partner? Let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

How do you go about finding a good business partner? Let's say you're set to go on your idea but you know you need someone more knowledgeable than you on the nuance of business itself, hut you're not lucky enough to already know someone with the right knowledge and values.
And of course, especially since you're looking for someone specifically more "businessy" than you, how do you find someone who you can know won't take advantage of you?
>>
>>2377627

I don't know how you will find this partner, but make sure your own attorney reviews any documents before you sign them.
>>
>>2377627
Pro-tip: NEVER get a business partner because they will eventually fuck you over.
>>
>>2377823

This. Its like roommates, eventual shit goes sour.
>>
>are they white?
>are they not a jew?

if you answered yes to both of those questions, then you've found a good partner
>>
>>2377832
You missed "If they are a jew, are you a jew too?"
>>
>>2377823
I mean great. I'd rather not have to.
I guess an alternate question I have then is regarding those general business skills. How do I address gaps in my knowledge, and also what if I don't have a good instinct for recognizing if I could get more out of a deal or to recognize an opportunity?
>>
>>2377627
Soft network.

For example, I recently recommended a programmer to a publisher. They will both benefit if they work together. I'm the middle man.

This is why social skills and idle chatter is an important long-term game.

If you don't have a social network AT ALL, hire a manager and solo it. The manager will be working for you, so they can't take advantage of you because you both sign a contract you agreed on.
>>
>>2377823
>>2377830
Investors prefer partnered start-ups for a variety of reasons. A major reason is the social aspect.
>>
>>2377627
>need someone more knowledgeable than you on the nuance of the business
OK, you are retarded. Why would someone start a business with you if they bring all the value while you bring the "ideas"? Ideas are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>2378031
"It's like Facebook but for muscle cars!"
>>
>>2377627
Read this recently and it's somewhat related
https://medium.com/@bcenkus/yes-you-need-a-partnership-agreement-heres-what-to-include-d4046c8794d4
>>
>>2377823

This,

But OP if you have a great idea, but lack certain technical knowledge then you need to find that person with the knowledge and either pay them to help you get it started or offer them a part of the company.

Have them sign an explicit NDA.
>>
>>2377627
bump
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.