[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The US government collects 5,000,000,000,000 dollars a year in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 20110618_fnd002.jpg (61KB, 595x335px) Image search: [Google]
20110618_fnd002.jpg
61KB, 595x335px
The US government collects 5,000,000,000,000 dollars a year in US taxes. That is 5 TRILLION dollars each year.

I want you to imagine a scenario where bitcoin/cryptocurrency actually does become a threat to the status quo of US monetary policy.

With only 1,000,000,000 dollars, 1 billion dollars, .0002% of the overall US budget, the US government could build a mining operation 50x more powerful than the rest of the world combined. With powerful majority control of the mining nodes, they could could slowly fuck with the ledger, eventually deleting the majority of bitcoin transactions from existence. They could do this so subtly that the other miners wouldn't even know they were under attack until it was too late.

Your meme money is no threat to the US financial hegemony and you should never forget that.
>>
go to bed pajeet
>>
by the time the US government realizes BTC is a threat it'll be too late. Government is a bunch of 80 year old kooks who barely understand ATM machines.
>>
>>2367451
your math is way off, first of all, on every figure that you quoted

also, it won't work against Proof of Stake currencies like Ethereum. To control Ethereum, they'd need to buy all of it.

Let them try -- I'll sell them 1ETH for a million dollars.
>>
>the USA will spend tens or hundreds of billions of dollars trying to stamp out technological innovation meanwhile china and russia embrace it and use it to their advantage
>>
File: 2Spooky.gif (2MB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
2Spooky.gif
2MB, 320x224px
>>2367451
>Your meme money is no threat to the US financial hegemony and you should never forget that.
I don't care, people who invest in crypto to end fiat and TAKE DOWN DA JOOS are living a meme fantasy. I just want gains and Lambos.
>>
>>2367451
>Implying the US government can spare $1,000 let alone $1,000,000,000, to build a mining operation

Every person in every department of the US government hates every person in every other department. They are constantly squabbling over funds and we are bigly into debt. Do you think manifold US departments would permit the creation of a mining operation when that money could go into their own respective departments instead?
>>
Thanks for the assurance of me not going to pay any taxes on my gains
>>
>>2367518
I feel we owe it all to kek to buy a lambo regardless if you like them or not
>>
>>2367503
If you think the CIA and NSA are as dumb and slow to react as the US congress, you have Down syndrome.
>>
>>2367534
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha he thinks defense and intelligence agencies don't get unlimited money by just saying "because we need it"
>>
>>2367451
>us government spends trillions to fork the blockchain
>nobody uses it
ayyy lmao
>>
File: 1493355681699.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1493355681699.png
127KB, 601x508px
>>2367451
>>2368059
>>2368075
t. coping nocoiner trying to sound intelligent
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.