[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DGB has a great team! Name 3 people on the team besides Jared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1396305092697.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1396305092697.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>DGB has a great team!
Name 3 people on the team besides Jared Tate. First and last name so they can be looked up.
>>
Great point. Apparently there are other people on the team because Jared never coded anything. But given that DGB has very few original lines of code, I imagine the entire project is coded by one anonymous guy on Hong Kong.
>>
Pa Jeet
>>
>>2364768
your fud tastes very good buying the dip now sir
t. pajeet
>>
>>2364794
Do you happen to know more about where is their code copied from?
Is there actually anything DGB can do that another coin could not?
>>
I'm waiting...
>>
File: 1465780548371.jpg (62KB, 572x572px) Image search: [Google]
1465780548371.jpg
62KB, 572x572px
>>2364768
Why is this fucking picture making me feel faint what sorcery is this
>>
Name 2 more people on the Ethereum team.

Name 1 person on the Bitcoin team.
>>
>>2365432
I never claimed either of those had great teams like I've seen so many people do with Digibytes.

And as for Ethereum
Ming Chan
Vitalik Buterin
Jeffrey Wilcke
>>
>>2364873
DigiByte was embroiled in some controversy because they copied their multi-algo design from Myriadcoin and tried to market themselves as if they were the first.

As far as I know, there's nothing special about DGB, except they were the first to implement multi-shield difficulty adjustment by MentalCollatz, which Auroracoin and Verge also use, but Myriadcoin never adopted it. There's advantages and disadvantages to it, hard to say which is better.

I don't believe a coin necessarily needs to be unique to be valuable. Jared said himself years ago, "it's too risky to innovate. We'll simply copy the best features from other coins." I think that was a smart decision, because even if you never innovate, a new combination of old features could turn out to be superior. While services such as DiguSign get built on top of DGB, it doesn't matter that the underlying blockchain is a copycoin, so long as it's good.

That said, I feel very sceptical that DiguSign and anything else they pull out of a hat will be enough to keep the project going. They've already had failures. Just look at the state of DigiByte Gaming. And why would any third parties choose to build their services on top of this unoriginal premined coin?
>>
https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/graphs/contributors
>>
>>2365671
>https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/graphs/contributors
I hope you realise they are nearly all just Bitcoin devs whose commits have been merged in with DGB.
>>
>>2365671
>implying those are all digibyte developers
>implying digibyte has been around since 2009
You know what. I'll give you a pass just for trying.

>>2365645
Thanks for the info, it's given me several very good jumping off points for further research and looking into. I also agree about digusign and how it probably will not lead to much. From what I've found out I think the fault lies more in management than anything else though.
Considering one company has already recently gotten interest for their method of digital signatures, it shouldn't be too far off of a possibility for digibyte. However with the way they handle everything I can't see it taking off.

>And why would any third parties choose to build their services on top of this unoriginal premined coin?
If the service lies with the blockchain though, and not the coin itself, then wouldn't the state of the coin not matter? The other company uses the bitcoin blockchain, so a document signing service using digibyte's should be superior with no drawbacks? Or am I missing something?
>>
>>2366225

>If the service lies with the blockchain though, and not the coin itself, then wouldn't the state of the coin not matter?

If a coin gets heavily dumped its security will evaporate too.

FWIW, DGB, being the highest market cap multi-algo coin, surely has great security right now, easily among the strongest of the coins. It makes sense to build DiguSign on top of DGB, certainly. But DiguSign has been in bed with DGB since the beginning, as I recall. I don't see why new parties would want to get on board and use DigiByte as the basis for their projects.

If DGB collapsed, DiguSign could probably just as well move over to LTC or whatever.
>>
>>2366530
>If this coin collapsed, they could just move it over to another!
kek.

Ok so let's just take all the code from all the coins and move it to Bitcoin. Would that solve everything?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.