[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we talk about why Poloniex is garbage. 1. Terrible trade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: polp.png (159KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
polp.png
159KB, 660x330px
ITT we talk about why Poloniex is garbage.

1. Terrible trade execution. I say to sell or buy for X price and instead of giving me an error message if that doesn't correspond to the market bid or ask, it executes a trade for a price I did not consent to, always out of the money.
2. Horrific price lag. I enter into a trade and get out with positive P/L including fees (according to their P/L calculator in the open orders line). I go look at my trades analysis and when I net out the values, I lose money.
3. Non-existent customer support.

I'm experienced in fx trading so I'm used to great customer service and non-shady exchanges. It's interesting that the user gets fucked royally in a laggy and inferior experience while Poloniex always gets their fees with no issues. I need an exchange that allows margin trading and short-selling because my trading strategies depend on it to maximize profits. Are there any exchanges which do offer margin trading and short selling that aren't Poloniex?
>>
>>2353626

3 threads like this for the past 3 days. Fuck off Bittrex sales rep.
>>
I can't get my coins out. They're not approving my withdrawal. Wtf
>>
>>2353640

What's more likely: that I'm a Bittrex sales rep or a disgruntled Poloniex user?

Anyway, Bittrex doesn't have margin trading or short-selling so if you actually read what I posted you would know that I'm not interested in that exchange.
>>
>>2353626
Hey bro there's too many people using their site. What is it suddenly the company's fault they never prepared for rapid user growth? Is it now the company's fault they're completely unprepared to handle the simplest support tickets? Who could've possibly anticipated more people would begin using their site?
>>
>>2353690

Most of the big exchanges with advanced margin features don't really list many alt pairings. There's a reason polo is popular despite having issues.
>>
stop being a shitter and use limit order, not market close on your margins
>>
>>2353626
Whales and smart money have been out of Polo for a while now. I have a source that tells me next week is going to be "hell on earth."
>>
>>2353710
I don't think anyone would have predicted growth this fast.
You can see the total users at the bottom of the page and in these last few months it has gone from like 20k on a busy day to over 50k

Its hard to make fast changes to a site like poloniex because of the money and risk involved. It makes more sense for them to do thorough testing rather than rushing it and becoming another hacked cryptocurrency exchange
>>
>>2353833

Well, the ethical thing to do (regardless of amount of users) would be to limit users based on wallet size in order to reduce the load on their servers. Also, why should they get 100% guaranteed fees when I can't even get 50% certainty that my trades are going to be executed properly?
>>
>>2353871
Yea thats a really good point. At the very least they should have restricted new users from joining till it was resolved.
>>
>>2353871
the fee is a local function of the trade being processed

the trade being processed requires communication between client and server
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.