[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ordered one of these Nanos and it should be arriving next month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: ledgerwallet.jpg (159KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ledgerwallet.jpg
159KB, 600x400px
Ordered one of these Nanos and it should be arriving next month so my coins aren't sitting on Coinbase.

When I get it I just need to write down the 24 word passcode right incase anything happened to the device? Or do I also need to write down public/private keys as well. Can I view those on the device?
>>
Just need the passwords
>>
You'll get fucked by a keylogger before then
>>
>>2349703

There's a card in the box that has a line for you to write each of the 24 words the device shows when you initialize it. I would recommend writing these down on the card AND somewhere safe (like in your gmail with 2FA).

If you put your passcode incorrectly 3 times, it will wipe and reset the device. You will need those 24 words to restore the keys.

Also, if the device gets lost/stolen and you need access the coins immediately... you can create a temporary ETH wallet on MEW using those same words. (You can buy another Nano S and restore the keys with the 24 words too)

Basically, as long as you have those 24 words you can always access your wallet, with or without the Nano.
>>
>>2349731
I have 2FA enabled.
>>
>>2349767
I don't get it. I don't need the address the coins are on? Just the 24 word passphrase?
>>
>>2349808

It comes with instructions, fuck.
>>
>>2349808
yes! you can even use 12 words. that's plenty of entropy.

keep the 12 words safe. Security through obsurity. use firdge magnets to write them and then take a picture of you and your family in front of the fridge, and then copy and save it on multiple usb sticks .

you don't have to write down private keys for as long as you have your bip39 seed which are those words
>>
>>2349808
Look up BIP 39 / BIP 44
>>
File: laughingsluts.jpg (11KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsluts.jpg
11KB, 238x212px
>>2349843
>not getting it tattooed backwards on your butt

It's like you're trying to get your coins stolen.
>>
>>2349853
Got a link to the BIP39 wallet? I'd like to test it out.
>>
>>2349791
AHAHAHA you think 2FA will save you moron? They already have your private key screenshotted
>>
>>2349901
Who does? Coinbase?
>>
>>2349889
https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html
>>
>>2349935
thanks anon
>>
>>2349872
>getting robbed while literally being fucked in the ass
>>
>>2349928
>100 million US phones with sleeper RAT's
>when you download your first wallet screenshots your private key

you're fucked on a ticking timebomb until the second you transfer your BTC to your hardware wallet, anon.
>>
>>2349982
forgot link to article
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/john-mcafee-bitcoin-will-become-standard-world/
>>
File: 1466470615455.jpg (49KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1466470615455.jpg
49KB, 241x228px
>>2349982
What is a sleeper rat? What should I do in the meantime until my wallet arrives?
>>
>>2349974
explain my little faggot!
>>
>>2349982

> btc wallet
> on a phone controlled by a multi-billion dollar company

Digging your own hole.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.