[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hodlers vs. Traders Who actually wins in the end? I've heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1494267912681.jpg (42KB, 326x236px) Image search: [Google]
1494267912681.jpg
42KB, 326x236px
Hodlers vs. Traders
Who actually wins in the end? I've heard success stories from both sides, but I'm not sure which method is more profitable.
>>
Combination of them both.
>>
>>2341469
this is the only answer. as a hodler you still have to sell or you'll never get your money back, and it can be a good idea to cash out in a matter of days or weeks especially if it's a pump and dump shitcoin.
>>
It's hard for traders to win all the time, but they certainly have a better chance of making more.
>>
>>2341461
holding 70 percent in BTC / ETH and trading with 30 or so, with main focus to acquire more BTC / ETH
you can only really win by trading if you're patient and know how to ignore other meme coins while others are shilling them
>>
Whoever held bitcoin back in the day certainly did
>>
>>2341484
>>2341469
Holding is part of what trading is though. You won't find a single (1) daytrading book or guide, that tells you to gamble your whole stack. That's how retards kill themselves (literally).
>>
/biz/ is fucking stupid, I'm sick of this stupid mentality on /biz/ that you either hold or daytrade.
According to /biz/ your only choices are to hold garbage for years, or spend all day trying to ride tiny waves. It's about holding till you make a profit, trying to sell as close as you can to the peak, and then getting out.
>>
Hodling is the better strategy if you're new, don't know what you're doing, have a tendency to impulsively sell/buy things or just don't feel like speculating all the time. Trading is better if you trust yourself to make good decisions and have some knowledge of what you're doing. But it's inherently more risky in the sense that you could be losing out on potential long term profit for more short term returns, that you could also just as easily lose.

That being said trading has the most potential for gainz. In the end, both are very viable methods and it comes down really to what you feel is best.
>>
>>2341518
You mean all I have to do is buy low, sell high? No fucking way!?
>>
>>2341461
Literally depends on your cash to volume ratio. If you're not making enough cash to cover your trade costs then obviously you're going to lose out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.