[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here read the official report on the 2008 financi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: FCIC[1].jpg (40KB, 176x273px) Image search: [Google]
FCIC[1].jpg
40KB, 176x273px
Has anyone here read the official report on the 2008 financial crisis?
https://www.gpo.gov/featured/Financial_Crisis_Report.htm

Majority opinion (six out of the ten committee members)
>Too much greed
>Not enough regulation

Dissent 1 (three committee members)
>1. USA/Europe credit bubble
>2. USA housing bubble
>3. Nontraditional mortgages
>4. Credit ratings and securitization
>5. Concentration of correlated risk (i.e., banks didn't realize that the entire housing bubble would burst at once, since housing bubbles previously had been regional, and overcoming regional housing bubbles was a major upside of securitization)
>6. Leverage and liquidity risk (gigantic debt ratios funded with overnight loans)
>7. Risk of contagion (domino effect of bank failures due to credit risk)
>8. Common shock (everybody bet on housing)
>9. Financial shock and panic
>10. Financial crisis causes economic crisis

Dissent 2 (one committee member)
>USA government housing policy encouraged banks to make too many risky loans to poor people

So, who's right?
>>
File: 1493730546202.png (114KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1493730546202.png
114KB, 350x350px
>>2335206
>Dissent
Is that a new ICO? Where can I buy the tokens? dur
>>
>>2335206
Dissent 2 which opened up room for shit like dissent 1 to happen.

The Fed knew what was happening, and the banks knew the bank bailout was coming & that they'd get away with it.

There's a reason why only one banker was arrested over it, and it didn't even happen in America. Bernie Madoff steals $18 billion from people and gets 150 years in prison, while the ceos of the biggest banks admit to fucking over the American people & cause $22 trillion worth of damages and many of them still retained their positions in their respective companies.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.