[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin's meteoric rise is, ironically, limiting its gr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: bitcoin.jpg (69KB, 930x488px) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin.jpg
69KB, 930x488px
Bitcoin's meteoric rise is, ironically, limiting its growth potential... but there is a solution.

http://demoinvestor.com/articles/00000001

I wrote a post about this subject. The gist of it is that bitcoin is volatile because it doesn't have institutional investors, and this volatility limits its ability to be useful as a currency. The more stable bitcoin is, the more valuable it is as a currency. The more valuable it is as a currency, the more investors buy like crazy and push the price up, ending the stability.
>>
>>2335151
So what you're saying is, buy bitbean?
>>
>>2335495
Looked that up, never even heard of it. $12.5 million market cap lol
>>
>>2335151
>>2335460
Stop posting your shitty site

>>2335965
Stop, you fucking nigger
>>
>>2336020

no? maybe stop being a dumb person who doesn't read?
>>
Very interesting article, where did you get the data that it's retail traders doing most of the trading (I'm assuming a whole bunch lurk on here), and do you have any data on the Asian market purchases (such as which country purchases the most and if China is a net buyer of crypto)?
>>
>>2335151
Got it absolutely and completely wrong. There is no way that you could possibly be wronger.

It's not bitcoin that's volatile; its the USD. Once we hit the 10% mark for crypto adoption, maybe even sooner, the deflationary spiral will kick in and the USD will go the way of the dodo.

Institutional investors kill every cryptocoin they touch. They don't think about it the right way. They think of crypto as a small side thing to make a quick buck, not a replacement for all currency.
>>
>>2336788
>They think of crypto as a small side thing to make a quick buck

So marginally worse than what we see on /biz/?
>>
>>2336706

I do not have data on Chinese crypto ownership unfortunately, but that is a good point. While I doubt there are a whole lot of Chinese financial institutions investing it bitcoin, it is possible that there are some. I think we can still pretty confidently say though that it doesn't have anywhere near the level of institutional ownership seen in, for example, any of the DOW stocks.

I don't have data per say indicating that bitcoin is mostly owned by retail investors, but I think the lack of data that it IS owned by institutional investors is proof that it is mostly retail. If bitcoin had a significant amount of institutional ownership then we would see SEC filings indicating this, which we do not see.
>>
>>2336830
Fair assumption, as much as I'd like to think it's biz who drives the crypto markets, there are probably a few other players.
>>
>>2336799
Speak for yourself idiot.
>>
>>2336788

When has any crypto had any significant institutional ownership? The answer is never, so idk how you can claim that they kill every cryptocoin. Also institutional investors don't invest in anything as a "small side thing to make a quick buck" otherwise they wouldn't be institutional investors. That is how you lose all your money investing.

Furthermore, you are wrong that USD is volatile and BTC is not. That just doesn't make any sense. USD is highly liquid, like most currencies. Its exchange rate with other currencies remains very stable compared to bitcoin's rate versus other currencies.

You seem very adamant that I'm wrong yet it sounds like you didn't read, or maybe didn't understand, the points I made in the post.
>>
>>2336856
Yeah sorry, excuse me while I got buy some more KIDS
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.