[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1468364164692.jpg (15KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1468364164692.jpg
15KB, 250x243px
I own a shit ton of bitcoin but I honest to god have no fucking idea what the fuck the blockchain is.

The wikipedia article makes no fucking sense other than its the "most secure record keeping mechanism" there is and that theres a lot of academic research into it. How the fuck is it secure if we have hacks like mt gox and bitfinex
>>
>>2332136
From my understanding the blockchain is just a bunch of blocks that are linked in sequential order by SHA256 hashes. This makes it secure because if you change any part of the block it would change the SHA256 of that block and change all future blocks SHA256 hash, making it incredibly secure since everyone has to download the blockchain to come to a consensus on which hash is the correct one.
>>
Prove that you have a lot of bitcoins:

1PAQJrNoGwwiVFM4vGBubC3cbvNb9xvQex

Then I will explain it
>>
Think of it as a decentralized database.
>>
>>2332187
SHA what the fuck?

How is it any different to traditional banking?

>>2332211

Sent :^)
>>
>>2332136
>shit ton of bitcoin
define "shit ton"

gox and bfx are websites not blockchain.
>>
File: 1495114300807.png (825KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495114300807.png
825KB, 700x700px
>>2332187
^This
>>
>>2332238
SHA256, the encryption algorithm that changes depending on the input, but keeps the number of characters in the hash the same regardless.
>>
think of it as a ledger that everyone on the network has a copy of.

Everyone has a record of all the transactions that have happened.

The mining nodes are the ones solving the equations to confirm that a transaction happened, and they're rewarded with BTC.

If you try to hack the systme and givey ourself over 9000 bitcoins, it won't add up with the ledger everyone else has, so it won't work m9
>>
>>2332238
Sha256 is a trype cryptic hashing algorithm. It is a function that only goes one way. You put in an input and it creates a unique output string that can't be reversed
>>
>>2332261
give this goy a fine reward
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>2332243

I have 0.2 bitcoin

pls no bulli
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.