[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to park about $25,000 (which I can afford to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

I'm looking to park about $25,000 (which I can afford to lose) in stocks. I'm not looking to do day trading because of the risks.

I've heard of bots tat buy/sell stocks based on what's on the news.

For example, British Airways lost 8% of their value overnight as the news about the IT meltdown came about. Even though the value regained the next day, it was still a great opportunity to make a quick trade and exit. These type of major events are quite rare and I'm okay with doing only a couple of trades a year and slowly increase profits over time.

I'm really curious about how much of a delay there is between such a breaking news event and when the stock price starts falling, so the plan is to mark the charts with these news events to see if there is any room for predicting the price drops quickly enough.

The events I'm interested in specifically targeting are Hurricanes, Terrorist Attacks, Bankruptcies, Fraud charges against a CEO, Tsunamis, Earth Quakes, Acquisition rumors, Large hacks (like Yahoo, PS network, Target) etc.

Anyone here doing anything like this?
>>
>I'm looking to park about $25,000 (which I can afford to lose) in stockNewegg2500/6

this is /crypto/ now, not /stupidboomerbiz/
>>
no one cares about stock anymore.
The time of wallstreet is over. Crypto will rule the world. GTFO nocoiner or ride the ship to the moon with us.
>>
buy bitbean
>>
File: Lil Buffer.jpg (25KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
Lil Buffer.jpg
25KB, 350x200px
>>2328596
Sorry bro you're about 3 months late.
/biz/ is 99.9% crypto now.

It's a shame I really liked the /ASX/ threads

I like your attitude though, keep up with the idea
>>
>>2328596
Invest in AMD, they are sky rocketing because of their recent announcements and successful technology thats coming out. they are becoming extremely competitive.
>>
File: n2404106_34446889_2892.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
n2404106_34446889_2892.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
Sounds like a bit of a gamble.
>AA plane crashes
>8% hit
>next week it shows up on the news that they covered it up/were partly responsible
>80% hit
t. nostocker
>>
>>2328596

Anon, two days ago I put $30,000 USD into DGB. Skip the stocks. Your time to get rich is running out.
>>
>>2328596
literally instantly.

All the big funds have algoritmic trading for this and super fast fiber optic cable from their new york office to the exchange.

bad earnings announcement? sell within a nano second

bad hurricane into florida? sell orange juice stocks within a nano second

etc etc

its impossible to time the market over shit like this from home on a shitty internet connection
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.