[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A brief introduction to /biz/ terms for newfags (like me).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: teaching.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
teaching.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
A brief introduction to /biz/ terms for newfags (like me).

>HODL
"Hold" misspelled. Also "Hold On for Dear Life", aka "Hold On Don't Let".
It comes from here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.0

>ATH
All Time High (regarding bitcoin price).

>Dolphin
They show themselves in the exchanges with orders of 1000 BTC, every now and again, and the common perception seems to be that the orderbook “whales” are the heavyweight players who move the market and can manipulate price if they so desire. However, this view is inaccurate. The fact is that there are even bigger players than the so-called whales, who do not engage in the Bitcoin market via the dinky web interfaces the exchanges offer us, the “retail market” (small fish).

>Whale
The term “whale” is frequently used to describe the big money Bitcoin players that show their hand in the Bitcoin market. The large players being referred to are institutions such as Hedge Funds and Bitcoin Investment Funds. These funds typically manage hundreds of thousands of bitcoins, which they strategically and covertly put through the exchanges via special arrangement – out of sight and obscured from regular retail traders. With their large capital mass, institutions can move the market at will. It is here where the metaphor of a Bitcoin Whale comes into its own because any other inhabitant of the ocean must simply get out of the way, or be moved forcefully. Additionally, no current is strong enough to deflect the whale from its course, so its intention becomes the way.

>To Moon (as a verb) / To the Moon
When the value of a cryptocurrency is going to raise really high.

>To dip (as a verb) / In a dip
When the value of a cryptocurrency is going to fall, or already fell.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, and to add new terms.

Tips are welcome. Every 0.1 BTC brings me a little closer to a DB11 (as soon as I can pay 5 of them, I'll get one).
1Fpi2x5FQnSVUheQqpod2RFNtdP5DpbC2k
>>
>>2301977
>every .1 BTC
Yeaaaa i'm gonna bet that no one will be sending even a fraction of that. 300usd for telling me what a dip is lol.
>newfags (like me)
no shit
>>
>>2301977
sage

Already knew you were trying to beg for BTC before reading the bottom
>>
>>2302015
>>2302038
You are free to enjoy the info, collaborate or simply obviate this thread.
>>
You could learn all that by just lurking for more than a day
>>
File: safe.png (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
safe.png
16KB, 600x600px
The guy in the picture is telling you to buy Safe Exchange Coin. Moon mission incoming.
>>
most of the excitement of coming to a new board is learning the new pseudo language by yourself not having some fag ram it down your throat
>>
>be newfag
>want to buy some bit coins with credit card
>go to all the major and trusted safe sites
>have to upload a sefie of yourself with you drivers licence
>selfies
i thought you cunts said bit coins were for neets
>>
>>2302660
Haha who gives a shit. Die poor then.
>>
>every fucking newfag here spams shilling baby's first altcoin

This place is turning to absolute shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.