[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The current rash of bankruptcies and stores closings as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: shopping-mall.jpg (61KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shopping-mall.jpg
61KB, 480x360px
>The current rash of bankruptcies and stores closings as well as the rise of e-commerce and discount chains means that as many as 25% of U.S. malls will close by 2022...
>That translates to some 275 shopping centers in the next five years.
>mall-based retailers to have announced store shutterings this year include department stores J.C. Penney (jcp, +1.24%), Sears (shld, -4.64%) and Macy's (m, -1.12%), as well as the likes of Abercrombie & Fitch. (anf, -2.40%)
>Credit Suisse projects about 8,640 U.S. stores across retail will close by the end of year, a far greater number than any year in memory, and worse than at the height of the 2008-09 financial crisis.

http://fortune.com/2017/05/31/malls-retail-stores-closing/

https://pastebin.com/t43RSPtz

What are your thoughts on this? Did online shopping kill the mall? Should they die?
>>
Consumerism is dead in America. No amount of Amazon memes can counter that
>>
i honestly don't care much if malls die. after the first few times trying stuff in person, you can buy the rest online. they're not even that fun in groups if you stay there too long.
>>
>>2291124
I liked malls until I realized how many women looking down their noses at me because I'm a white male (lowest social status there is).
>>
Huge companies that keep pushing their outdated business model because they have no idea how to adapt?

They deserve to die, along glorified fast food chains like Applebees.
>>
>>2291124
Malls are fucking great if you live somewhere with shit weather and need to get out of your apartment for a bit. When I was living in Chicago and Seattle, they were a lifesaver during the winters. I don't know why people are so excited about the death of the shopping mall. They literally dindu nuthin wrong.
>>
>>2291124
Yes, online shopping has killed the notion behind malls

Though, this will affect more of the suburb malls then the malls in cities that have attractions or hype such as the Mall of America, City Creek in SLC, The Forum Shops in Vegas, shopping centers essentially where there's already shit going on around it.

When I lived in KC, the DMV was the only place open in this huge mall. It was actually pretty cool. You had to walk past all the empty Hot Topics, kids play area, etc.
>>
File: 1483714420722.jpg (77KB, 600x817px) Image search: [Google]
1483714420722.jpg
77KB, 600x817px
>>2291621
da fuck, aren't u supposed to be mackin on chicks at malls? sure as fuck doesn't work for azns brah.
>>
Malls are fucking comfy

Fuck Amazon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZUfiW3W1KY
>>
>tfw remembering those times when you were a kid and your mom said we're going to the mall
I'll miss you malls.
>>
>>2291629
How should they survive in this day and age?
Also, what's wrong with Applebees? I know very little of it.
>>
>>2292159
They should have been smarter with where they went into business and not have a store in every random suburb.

The problem with Applebees and similar restaurants is they they basically just heat up frozen food and expect you to pay a higher price because you sit down and have some shitty service. Then they have the audacity to blame millennials because they would rather go to a locally owned restaurant where they can get better food.

Those restaurants serve glorified TV dinners.
>>
>>2291621
>Too autistic to know white males can fuck any girl they want
>>
>>2291124
A large part of the closures are the oversupply of commercial property following the financial crisis. Stores saw low interest rates as an opportunity and gobbled up tons of commercial space in areas they probably shouldn't have gone. eCommerce is definitely having an effect but the supply glut of retail is definitely also a factor
>>
>>2291800
Man, those looks awesome.
Malls seemed to be great social centers just by themselves.
>>
Malls are the cancer of man kind.
Hopefully when they die consumerism will die slowly with them.

Replace them with community centers and libraries.
>>
>>2291686
A lot of these idiots live in rural areas where malls are probably miles away and look exactly the same as every other rural mall. It does get boring. The only "fun" and unique malls exist in major cities.
>>
File: 1427734483050.png (636KB, 644x786px) Image search: [Google]
1427734483050.png
636KB, 644x786px
>>2291124

Every mall in my state is like 90% Women's designer clothing stores, I don't even know why any man or child would ever want to be there.

Even the Disney store was downsized to this little cuckshed that only sells Frozen dolls.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.