[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ none-coiner here, and I'm interested in making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1496456124959.gif (83KB, 379x387px) Image search: [Google]
1496456124959.gif
83KB, 379x387px
Hey /biz/ none-coiner here, and I'm interested in making an account on of the wallet/holding sites like coinbase. However, after looking at some of the threads here it sounds like you have to verify the account and/or link it to a normal bank account.

What I'd like is an option to just have a stand alone account that isn't linked to my driver's license or normie bank account. Mostly I'm not planning to buy any coins but find ways to get coins here and there for the fun of it and maybe cash out one day. Basically, I'd treat it as a hobby thing as opposed to something linked to my finances.

What would be the best site/service to do this on? Is coinbase the best option or does it not offer what I'm looking for?
>>
>>2285698
>pls help me avoid irs

fuck off and lurk, there are a trillion threads like these each day
>>
>>2285785
Well it's not really about avoiding the irs, I just want to keep it in its own separate bubble until/if I decide to exchange to fiat.
>>
>>2285887
Then do that.
>>
buy bitcoin with cash and trade on yobit/c-cex. they don't give a fuck who you are.
>>
>>2285912
So that brings me back to my original question, is coinbase the best option for holding coins you get from tips and such, as opposed to ones you purchased, or is there a better option?

Total newb to this, so looking for advise.
>>
>>2285698
If you want to avoid IRS buy locally with high markups, buy something like steam/csgo skins and sell for BTC, or go to local 7/11 or something and buy from a ATM that dishes out crypto with cash.

I wouldn't recommend it though, as meme as it sounds tax evasion is pretty serious, and the minute you get audited your fucked. Even if you do make money you'll never be able to spend it on something nice like a house or car, or anything in your name for that matter.

It's much more worth it to bite the bullet and take a 15% capital gains hit, and if you hold long 1 year+ you get the sweet long term investment capital gains rate which is even lower.

Coinbase is the best option if you want to go legally. Just wait a few days for the verification.
>>
>>2285943
It's your choice. If it's just tips use a mobile wallet like jaxx.
>>
>>2285959
Not trying to avoid the IRS. Trying to avoid weirdos online and the like, by having a means to receive payment/tips/etc without having to divulge personal information.

Figured I can try out this crypto craze while I'm at it.

>>2285981
Thanks, I'll take a look at it.
>>
If you want to exchange your fiat currency for crypto, you will have to give up some information. Some require more than others, but generally speaking all of them want to identify you to a certain extent.

You could potentially go through the "monero clause" i.e. set up coinbase, buy btc/eth, transfer it to a bittrex/polo acc, exchange for monero, then transfer to a different monero wallet and transfer it from there to a new bittrex/polo account that is not linked to your real identity. From there on you are completely anonymous.
>>
>>2286069
I'm not really trying to turn fiat into crypto, just to make some crypto on the side to play around with it a little. So I have a lot more freedom to be anonymous about it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.