[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /biz/, Question for crypto oldfags. When the DAO hack happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Yo /biz/,

Question for crypto oldfags. When the DAO hack happened and there was a hard fork that resulted in two cryptocurrencies emerging from what used to be a single one, how was this actually reflected in the wallets of people holding the original currency?

Obviously, Ethereum Classic just continued the blockchain so everything stayed the same with that and 1 ETH that was in your wallet pre DAO was now just called 1 ETC.

What I'm confused about was how people became holders of the new ETH?

When the hard fork happened did wallet holders get to decide whether they wanted to keep their balance in ETC or ETH or how the fuck did this work?
>>
Your private key would work on both and hold the same quantity on both
>>
Split it 50/50 i should sue for all the lost gains
>>
>>2283934
This.
My eth was on polo at the time I think, they actually fixed it for you so that you got both.
>>
Wait so, it was split 50/50? If you had 1 ETH pre DAO then post DAO you had .5 ETC and .5 ETH?
>>
>>2283998
Yes
>>
>>2283998
Really, shouldn't you of had the same amount as you started with? They were duplicate chains after all.
>>
>>2284084
this, the other anon is bamboozling you
>>
>>2283998
No, you got 1 ETH and 1 ETC for each pre-fork coin.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.