[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Applying for Air Force. What are some benefits in the AF would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: benefits-education_NEW.jpg (860KB, 1280x932px) Image search: [Google]
benefits-education_NEW.jpg
860KB, 1280x932px
Applying for Air Force. What are some benefits in the AF would help my career path (computer engineering) and education (college drop out). What questions should I ask my local recruiter to get the most necessary information? e.g How is the pay? How much money would I get for college? Can I take college course while in training program?
>>
>Can I take college course while in training program?
No, you have to wait a year after you finish tech school.

>How much money would I get for college?
While serving you get TA, which is like 1000 a year, you get your post 9/11 which is like 30k, and you get a certification stipend worth like 1000.

>How is the pay?
I don't think the pay is too terrible when you consider a majority of your check is tax free. BAH, BAS, All pay when deployed, separation pay (for wives/husbands), uniform stipend are all tax free.

>What questions should I ask my local recruiter to get the most necessary information?
Look up the jobs, get the closest computer job to engineering as possible, don't take general, don't take security forces because he shows you some fucking video of off duty cops doing doughnuts, draw a line in the sand and tell him it's whatever CSS job you want or nothing.
>>
Get married. Even if its just to a dude you knew growing up
>>
>>2282579
This is actually pretty good advice, it gets you off base housing faster, gets you more pay across the board, just don't marry someone in tech school otherwise they'll steal everything in the divorce a week later.
>>
>>2282451
>(computer engineering)
You're fucked. Real hardware engineering is done in Taiwan for 40k/year. US is still taking on a hundred thousand of poos per year to do basic tech support and destroy the supply side of the market. Hence the rise of hacker rank, and other skills filtering services.
>>
File: 1460241367423.png (391KB, 571x568px) Image search: [Google]
1460241367423.png
391KB, 571x568px
>>2282539
>I don't think the pay is too terrible when you consider a majority of your check is tax free. BAH, BAS, All pay when deployed, separation pay (for wives/husbands), uniform stipend are all tax free.
Thanks this is really informative. Is this apply when you're reserve deployment?

>don't take security forces because he shows you some fucking video of off duty cops doing doughnuts
Just curious why?
>>
>>2282748
>this apply when you're reserve deployment?
Yeah reservies should get the tax brakes when deployed, although if it's an internal deployment (somewhere in CONUS) I don't think you get any tax brakes.

>Just curious why?
Because it wouldn't help you in your career at all, You'll stand at a gate for 12 hours a day looking at IDs. losing another two hours for arming/de-arming every day.
>>
>>2282451
Buy eth
>>
>>2282748
It sounds like GI Joe/Call of Duty action man stuff, but it's more like checking badges at the gate.
>>
Hey if you're a little socially awkward i.e. you have mild manifestations of "autism" in the 4chan definition of the term, how bad of an idea is the military?
>>
>>2282451
Why? Just get a job at a bank entry-level and then invest it all in crypto. You'll literally be a millionaire in years without all the bullshit that the military has to offer.
>>
>>2282539
Hey, my husband applied and they pay for his college but he only gets his money from being in the reserves. How do we gt that 9/11 stuff? State is Wisconsin.
>>
buy dgb, big announcement on june 10
>>
>>2282451
don't waste your time unless you are have to

am in, essentially a wage cuck where you can't quit and you are surrounded by idiots doing meaningless shit 90% of the time

if you have any ambition, i'm sure you can find a better path
>>
Try /k/ even though they are faggots these days

Like someone else said, if you are smart and have the ambition, go do something else. IMO being an enlisted loser is shit unless you have a cool job (which is not likely). If you are interested in the military for any reason at all, get a bachelors in literally anything and join as an officer.

If you are dead set on enlisting, then don't believe anything recruiters tell you, unless it is in writing in your contract. If you are a college dropout but have some credits you may be eligible for an instant promotion (I think for 20/40/60 college credits). These are negligible because you will have to work hard as fuck to get past, like, E-4.

>Can I take college course while in training?
After tech school, yes, but you'll be lucky if you have the time to do more than one or two classes. It looks good to them to do a few things on the side though.

>How is the pay?
You get a free solo dorm and like $20k a year. Not bad for a job that requires almost no qualifications.

Like the other person said DON'T DO SECURITY FORCES, that is like being an RA in college, it looks cool to have slight power but you are actually a fucking loser. If you are for really /fit/ though and want to be super cool do CCT or PJ or something. If you are good with computers look into Crypto Linguist. It is the hardest shit but you will actually come out of the AF with a future in something besides being a cop.

Also look up Kyle Gott on YouTube, he is a normalfag but he tells you literally everything about applying for the AF.
>>
>>2284055
This, don't be a shill for the elite. Open your mind and eyes

t. ex army
>>
>>2284055
>essentially a wage cuck where you can't quit and you are surrounded by idiots doing meaningless shit 90% of the time
Sound like the current job I have. 10hrs/day 6days/week and 90% clients and workers are female

>>2284124
>If you are interested in the military for any reason at all, get a bachelors in literally anything and join as an officer.
I want to join the service just to get a better discipline of myself since i have an extremely autistic personalities and lifestyle make it difficult to socially. I heard about bachelors before joining before, can't you do it the other way around?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.