[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you restrain yourself from spending your money? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

How do you restrain yourself from spending your money?

I'm thinking of buying a nice car but then I look at compound interest tables, figuratively, and Bitcoin projections literally, and feel really bad. So I'll keep driving my econobox and wear $20 pants despite just having crosses 6 figures in the bank.

There should be a Church of Business where the preacher reminds you of compound interest every Sunday, and where you confess dirty thoughts and violations of the frugal code.

How do you motivate yourself to not spend?
>>
>>2280649
Come up with your personal spending rules, introduce spending points, turn it into a game
>>
>>2280649
>How do you restrain yourself from spending your money?

Nothing I want to buy. Check back when I have at least $1m net worth.
>>
"Dirty thoughts" = thinking of not living frugally anymore
considering to order pizza instead of baking it yourself
considering to buy pants more expensive than $20
considering travel
etc

>>2280657
Yes, I won't do any of this until I have $1,000,000, or at least I try to
>>
>>2280656
Good idea. Maybe I can allow myself to spend 5% of the profits frivolously every month
>>
>>2280649
>How do you motivate yourself to not spend?

Easy, read every now and then famous investors' way of living from time to time. Warren Buffet lived like a middle-class person until he was a billionaire.

the real problem is my girlfriend always wanting to go abroad or to get jewelry/clothes. She was born rich and doesn't understand the way capital gains are much more efficient than work gains.
>>
>>2280649
I had 22 years of being a poorfag.
Don't care about anything except peoples and freedom.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.