[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I pump up my credit score? What other credit card

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7232.png (31KB, 525x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7232.png
31KB, 525x287px
How do I pump up my credit score? What other credit card advice do you have?
>>
>>2269979
buy crypto and you wont need (((them)))
>>
>>2269979
>get credit card
Any will do. Might as well be a rewards card. I like cash but some people like travel points. Personally I prefer money but whatever. Don't pay a fee. Get a secured card if you must to get started
>use it for predictable expenses
I use mine for everything, but if you are just getting started you can pick something predictable like utilities or gas so you don't push your meager limit
>pay the card off, in full, at least once every billing cycle
Never pay interest. Ever. The whole point of this is you can do it without any cost.

This pumps up your score. And it's safer and more convenient than using a debit card. Fraud is easier to fix and less likely to be serious since your CC is not linked directly to your bank account.

The rewards are just a bonus.
>>
>>2270592
This.
Plus if you need an extra boost you can get multiple credit cards
>>
>>2269979
>How do I pump up my credit score? What other credit card advice do you have?

Most important - pay bills on time

Don't have people collecting bills or suing for payment

Then I would say open a bank account and sock money away. The money you want there is in the thousands.

Then - go get a card from somewhere you shop a lot. Like Macy's, or whatever. If you buy $200 worth of stuff, and minimum payment is $20, then pay $20 or $25 a month for a while. Or whatever. You'll be paying high interest, but that's how it works initially. Later on you'll do better.

Also - credit applications ask how much money you make in salary. So making a high salary helps.

Buying a car or house can boost credit history. But the main thing is to have some.

Oh - once a year you can get a free credit report from three credit agencies. They will also tell you to spend $200, $500 whatever to find your credit score and boost it.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com

It's free. Don't pay. Just get the reports. If you have no credit history, they may not all have records on you.

Don't buy on credit and miss payments or be late on them. This is the main thing.
>>
>>2270860

>Then - go get a card from somewhere you shop a lot. Like Macy's, or whatever. If you buy $200 worth of stuff, and minimum payment is $20, then pay $20 or $25 a month for a while. Or whatever. You'll be paying high interest, but that's how it works initially. Later on you'll do better.

Is this serious advice? You are advising someone pay interest?

OP don't listen to this shit. Pay zero interest. Paying interest does not effect your credit, and even if it did having good credit wouldn't be worth paying all those goy points. What makes credit building a worthy exercise is it's fucking free.

The credit rating firms base your CC utilization based on a snap shot. So it doesn't matter if you pay it off or not, it still reports the same. The difference is if you carry that balance you are paying 20 percent for no reason.

Utilization is your balance / limit expressed as a percentage. Like, if you had a 2000 dollar limit, and a a 1000 dollar balance that would be 50 percent utilization. It's based on a snapshot of the value, which usually ends up being a little less than your actual max balance that month. It's not clear exactly how the snapshot works (else it would be easy to manipulate your utilization). You should keep your utilization under 50 percent for sure, better under 30 percent. When you are just starting out that might keep your max balance for good utilization low (like 150 dollars on a 500 limit card. Utilization IS a credit factor and it directly impacts your score.

Tbc
>>
>>2271537

Other factors;
>age of history
So get started. 9+ years is excellent
>number of accounts
Ultimately you need several accounts of different types, but don't load up all at once because
>inquiries
Hard inquiries (credit checks by lenders for lending purposes) decrease your score. 1 or 2 are fine. 6 would be a problem. They eventually roll off (2 years?)
>derogatories
You need to keep this at zero. These are accounts that go yo collections, serious lates, ext.
>payment history
This is number 1. The most heavily weighted category. Pay on time, every time.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.