[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I 100 % don't care about questions of whether aliens exist,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1465132008321.png (206KB, 306x306px)
1465132008321.png
206KB, 306x306px
I 100 % don't care about questions of whether aliens exist, or if God exists, or if their is life after death. But what tortures me every day is the question of what practical philosophy to have with regard to my own life and more specifically actions.

Should I work on what I want or what others deem important? Should I work on something even when I'm bored of it but know it's important? Should I forget all of this and just have fun? But what if I end up a loser because of this? Should I have junk food because it makes me feel good? Or give it up for the obvious reasons? But is self sacrifice just stupid?

It's unreal how much this shit tortures me. I want to spend every moment both relaxing and working hard to stop feeling guilty about letting down my future self.
>>
I know how you feel OP
these are the questions that keep me always distracted day to day
>>
Psychfag here, all of humanity is based on cognitive bias. People think that they are 'correct', but that's just confidence, a feeling of security that has no basis in reality. Everything is a distortion of the mind, including your distress, therefore you have litterally no reason to feel like a piece of shit at any time because you can convince yourself of anything. All the 'emotions' you believe to be mysterious is just your body nagging you about shit it cares about.

If you want the real redpill, listen to Sadhguru youtube videos. At first, you'll be confused as fuck but keep up with it and consider what he says. Some of it is bullshit, but I think that just hearing him out should give you some perspective on why you think the way you do.
>>
File: 1461523486075.jpg (1MB, 1500x918px) Image search: [Google]
1461523486075.jpg
1MB, 1500x918px
>>2264054
>But is self sacrifice just stupid?
I've found more power in self sacrifice than anything else I've ever done. I left the rat race because of it, both physically and emotionally.

In my experience, once I attained absolute financial security and stopped caring what other people think, everything (all of my SMART goals) just kind of fell into place
>>
>>2264818
what do you spend your time doing?
>>
>>2264865
Tons of stuff. I still work part time on the weekends though, it helps keep some structure since I found I'm not 100% self-motivated. It's a work in progress

>buying the occasional foreclosure and fixing it up to rent or flip
>learning acoustic guitar
>gardening (working with dirt is oddly therapeutic)
>investing my money (no, not digital meme money)
>house projects - just put up a huge privacy fence myself
>buying, fixing and flipping stuff off craigslist, collecting some of it too
>decided to put in grape vines so I built a 20' section with fence posts to support them
>motorcycles
>reading - I try to read at least one good non-fiction book a week
>work on the weekends

I could be completely misinterpreting what OP is saying but I used to feel somewhat similar more often than I liked. Sometimes it would keep me up at night.. like "I should be working on X, Y, Z and omg retirement and god damn it I'm not making enough and how did that MF'er get a raise and not me and how did that guy afford to new car when he just bought that house and and and" etc. Like some imaginary "once I get 'there', I'm good" - only I wasn't quite clear where or what 'there' even was.

As long as you've got goals on paper you're meeting - it'll happen. I figure I might as well enjoy the ride instead of fretting over the next hill that I can't see over anyway. Then again I'm probably older than most of the people on this board and that took a while to figure out

Now I'm rambling but yeah, deleting social media completely is one of the first steps
>>
read marc aurel my man.
pretty good take against cynical nihilism
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.