[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a cypto wallet work? If I have bitcoins on my HDD,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: whhere.png (942KB, 739x821px) Image search: [Google]
whhere.png
942KB, 739x821px
How does a cypto wallet work?
If I have bitcoins on my HDD, why cant I just copy those files and get more?

pls explain.
>>
>>2257218

Fuking idiot, if you ask these kind of questions you don't deserve to be on the blockchain, gtfo out fegget. Or send nudes
>>
>>2257218
HAHA MAGIC INTERNET MONEY AMIRITE
>>
That's the whole point you moron.
>>
File: rrr.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rrr.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>ITT: autistic fucks (probably ETH baghodlers) who cant answer simple questions.
>>
>>2257258
HAHAHA IF YOU UNDERSTOOD THE BLOCKCHAIN AT THE MOST BASIC LEVEL YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION
>>
>>2257218
the wallet is basically an encryption for bitcoins that exist on the blockchain.

public key = your address, so pople can sent ;) you stuff
private key = in your wallet file so you can sign stuff to send

everyone can make a wallet with your public key, but cant sign transactions (tx ids), since they dont know your private key.
>>
>>2257279
so i dont actually need to store a wallet on my HDD? All i need is to memorize a code, then i can access my "wallet" from every computer that has internet acess?
>>
>>2257258
>ETH bagholders

hahahahah yeah these 1000% gains are gettin kinda heavy
>>
i'll answer seriously now.

the blockchain is like a big list of transactions.
so if you have the entire blockchain you can see the history of every single account.

each account has two keys associated with it a private and public key. the wallet is a misnomer i think a better name is keychain. the wallet basically does things with your private keys. so you can generate a public key using your private key, send transactions to the bitcoin network etc.

tldr: a wallet is software that does things with a private key to interact with the bitcoin network
>>
>>2257258
GOOGLE MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU USE IT
>>
You hold the keys to those btc, copying the keys doesn't magically double your btc, just like when you copy your bicycle keys you don't magically copy your bicycle aswell

Moron
>>
>>2257297
yes, you will need to know your public address to see how many crypto you have and a privat key to spend them.

memonic wallets utilize that by generating wallets by a phrase you can remember easily. works like using a Seed to generate minecraft worlds.
>>
Here's the way I describe it to people: imagine a room full of safes. All the safes are unlocked, but only a few of them contain money. Your wallet file (or private key, or whatever) has the location of one of these safes, which has your money in it.

Anybody can go and look in any safe, but they don't know which safe to look in. There are a gazillion safes, so they never find yours, it isn't worth trying.
>>
>>2257380
What would be the odds of an attacker coming across any wallet with coin in it via brute force searching?
>>
fuck all the transactions are written onto the blockchain, so EVERYONE knows what coin was spent where, thats why you cant just copy your files youdumb non googling bastard
>>
First, look up public key encryption. That's how your wallet works as far as you having access vs (((them))) note.

Then, look up a linked list data structure. The block chain essentially a linked list where each node is a block of a ledger.

They're both pretty simple concepts. If you haven't even done the research to grasp the basic tech behind crypto, encryption, etc., you shouldn't be trading in it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.