[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you keep your altcoins in the hosted wallets on the exchanges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bittrex.png (48KB, 603x334px) Image search: [Google]
bittrex.png
48KB, 603x334px
Do you keep your altcoins in the hosted wallets on the exchanges you use, or do you withdraw to your own wallets after every trade?

I don't want to trust a third party with my coins but I also don't want to pay withdrawal fees every time I trade
>>
If youre actively trading them then keep them on the exchange. If youre holding them for weeks+ pull them out.
>>
Honestly mine are on the exchange right now. I like the liquidity of being able to dump something off quickly.

Also, I don't really trust myself with a wallet. But after seeing all these hacked stories I'm considering getting a Ledger.
>>
>>2252590

i put my shitcoins where they belong

up mah ashol
>>
>>2252590
Never, I always withdraw to my wallets after every trade
>>
>>2252639
Don't your find yourself getting reamed by withdrawal fees? Or do you not trade enough for it to matter?
>>
>>2252590
Majority are in wallets but I have a few stuck on the exchange because I just dont have the space for all that fucking blockchain data.
>>
>>2252590
Enable 2fa and download google authenticator. It will be nearly impossible to hack your account
>>
I'm currently too lazy to actually get a bitcoin wallet so I've taken to leaving everything that's not my eth on there. I have 2fa, so I figure it's good enough.
Also, withdrawal and transfer fees are hard to calculate so I usually just ignore them, but it's frustating to see your money sink down a toliet. Lately I've taken to just buying a somewhat-reputable coin and setting a high sell order then just leaving the site for days hoping it will execute.
>>
>BTC ETH XRP DGB
out
>meme coin of the day
in, with orders set
>>
>>2252677
lol, yeah, because exchanges themselves don't "lose" your coins!
>>
>>2252590

paper wallets and even encrypted wallets aren't safe if you have malware on your computer at any period during the creation, storing, or selling period

Malwarebytes.com - make sure you download and make sure there is none on your computer

Also make sure you have a good firewall installed on your computer or router and that there are no open ports a hacker has access to.

Honestly.. buy a chromebook and only use it for crypto exchanges and the like. It's safer than Mac or Window OS computers. It can never get viruses or malware. You still have to worry about phising attempts but the ublock origin extension does a good job.
>>
>>2252677

And its also nearly impossible to hack bittrex right? A site that has millions of $$$ and probably targeted 24/7 by hackers looking for exploits

Yeah nah.......... all safe. Bittrex must employ top security in the world right? No wait........ they're like 5 people.

I will laugh when your coins get stolen, while mine are in cold storage, safe and sound.
>>
>>2252932

the only think you have to worry about with a chromebook is the extensions you install or the apps (if you have a chromebook that supports the android play store)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.