[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to crytopcurrencies here and can't tell how they differ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: monopoly.jpg (115KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
monopoly.jpg
115KB, 900x506px
New to crytopcurrencies here and can't tell how they differ much aside from the tech behind transfers and shit like that. Do any cryptos have real world value? They seem to fluctuate 100% based on public opinion. Since they're decentralized they don't have gov backing either, so are there any that can guarantee value?

Pic related: I'm worried that this is what we all paid for.
>>
you want guarantees, go to a bank. this is the wild west.
>>
>>2251063
That's what drew me in haha. What's to say this won't all come crashing down though?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (50KB, 470x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
50KB, 470x200px
>>2251072

Mathematics
>>
>>2251046
these things basically operate based on supply and demand and they really don't have intrinsic value

BUT some crytpos are taking an interesting turn and are now commodities backed. Like XAUR and HAYEK are backed by gold. If cryptos shift their strategy, they can eventually be more stable and less unpredictable
>>
>>2251126
That's pretty cool, I see they're still very prone to the volatility that makes this shit exciting too.
>>
>>2251207
yeah and the ones I listed are pretty undervalued atm. I don't believe in buying shitcoins that live off p&d and marketing but if its actually BACKED by a commodity, then it's a much safer bet. At least at that point, there's some basis for the price
>>
>>2251265

>crypto-currency
>commodity-backed

jesus fuck /biz/, are you niggers really this dense?
>>
ZrCoin ( just had an ICO )

There's room for absolutely everything, don't be a nocoiner
>>
File: 1471276644288.png (185KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
1471276644288.png
185KB, 466x492px
>>2251265
Why not just buy gold if you are worried about safe commodities

Also, gtfo filthy nocoiner
>>
>>2251291

Because its easier to buy XAUR than it is to buy gold. And gold is nice, but its not exactly a nice quick return.
>>
>>2251291

Fucking THIS. What makes gold-backed crypto superior to gold-backed....gold?

Nothing, filthy pajeets trying to shill this dead-end coin. Ive seen it come up in multiple threads now. I'm lynching the next nigger to suggest this goldcoin scam
>>
>>2251496
>>2251513

Compare the fucking charts for GOLD and XAUR and HAYEK.

It's meant to strengthen the underlying value of crypto not emulate it, you retard.
>>
>>2251530

by emulate it, I mean emulate gold.

I don't even have a stake in this, I just find you contrarian fucks as annoying as the shills.
>>
>>2251530

>It's meant to strengthen the underlying value of crypto

By completely disregarding the point of crypto in the first place? nobody's falling for your shilling pajeet, go back to your poo-in-loo discord server and write more shit-tier frontend code
>>
>>2251551

>The point of crypto.

There is no fucking point to crypto. That's why hundreds of them come online daily, offering different things. There's no consensus on them.

You are a bigger idiot than the shills.
>>
>>2251265

no...
Please research from the most basic premise first.
Google "blockchain technology". Understand the benefits of that type of networking.
Then try investigate potential uses of that tech in the financial, civic, medical and computing industries.

You'll soon see a massive market for block chain platforms performing bureaucratic tasks. Land deeds, medical records, inter-institutional or cross border payments, transferable certificates of authenticity or identification databases. Then stuff like decentralised computer networks, cloud storage and computing power. Even ICO's that have a mission statement of reducing the entry gap into the crypto world or it's bridge to fiat.

Ignore every NEET thinking bitcoin will replace the dollar in the next 5 years. Ignore anonymous, untraceable government toppling drugbux. Sure they have a market or useful tech, but go for the most corporate, profit orientated industry or use that REQUIRES an efficacy boost to compete in the new digital world. Archaic institutes that are often seen struggling to be brought up to date at a cost efficient price.

Don't chase 1000%+ ROI, don't chase real world tethered goods just yet. Adoption rate for that is nowhere near. Go for fast tech with corporate application, or simply a store of wealth, ie Bitcoin.
>>
>>2251046
>tfw you were going to trade eth back when it was really cheap and now its at like 200 bucks

Why even live
>>
>>2251627

Apparently they're shilling this as a store of wealth as wealth as well?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.