[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crypto stupid question thread -- ask ANYTHING related to cry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 28

File: 1495649411865.jpg (261KB, 1080x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1495649411865.jpg
261KB, 1080x1312px
Crypto stupid question thread -- ask ANYTHING related to crypto, no matter how stupid you think it is. What is buy wall, how to buy bitcoin etc. (bully free zone)

In addition, here's what you should know:

1. Getting away from the hooked nose merchant bankers

The hooked nose bankers with last names ending with Berg, Gold and Stein, are shitting their pants. And for very good reasons: crypto-currency will crumble their business, seemingly overnight.

The banks make their money from charging you up the ass with fees. They charge $30 for over draft fees, $10 a month for having an account with them. Everytime you give the jews money, they collectively orgasm in joy, while rubbing their hands together until it bleed.

They also loan you money that they don't have (known as fractual reserve), so they can enrich themselves.

It works like this: they loan you money they printed out of thin air

... and they loan YOUR money that is the bank to other people without your permission!

Note: when you hold money in your currency (whether it's USD, AUD or YEN) your wealth is slowly eroding through inflation -- at the rate of 2.5 percent a year (or higher). This means, in 1915 it cost a penny to buy a shoe, nowadays it cost $150 to buy a pair of sneakers.

Banking is a jewish scam and it's time to get away from it.

... It's time to tell them to fuck off and become your own bank! For example, you can lend your bitcoin for interest on Poloniex.com. You can transfer wealth across the world without a bank account -- all you need is a bitcoin address. In the near future, everyone will have most of their wealth in crypto currencies and Mr. Zuckerberg banker can't do anything about it.

When Mr. Zuckerberg puts dips his hand into your pocket, you smack his fucking hooked nose.
>>
>>2244319
Please explain buy wall/sell wall.
>>
Any more pics of the hot chick?
>>
Few questions...
What is the Best mobile app to buy all types of coins?
What are key factors when looking into investing in the best coins.
What are the best sites to do research on the coin companies?
>>
Yeah more hot chick!
>>
>>2244319
Please explain how I get over the fear of the following:

To win, I must buy low and sell high. So I look for something low. But I get the fear that the one I choose and is low, will remain low forever or go even lower or the coin will just fuckup completely like asiacoin.
>>
>>2244360
When there is a big sell wall, it means that at that price point a whale (someone with huge coins) sells it off, which means that the price of the coin goes down and won't break that price point.

>>2244376
>Any more pics of the hot chick?
Dunno

>What is the Best mobile app to buy all types of coins?

Kraken.com is good. Go with Kraken.

>What are key factors when looking into investing in the best coins.

Great development team, coin is actually useful for doing something. Therefore, you don't want to invest in shit coins. ETH and BTC is solid, so is XMR, STEEM.

>What are the best sites to do research on the coin companies?
Marketcoincap.com, then you click on the coin name, then you can go to their official website. youtube "what is <coin name>" helps too. KEEP LEARNING.
>>
What is blockchain? I dont understand the wikipedia definition
When a new "coin" come in (like BAT), are we buying an action of the company? like believing that the company's project will be succesful?
>>
Explain what is the relation between price and volume?
>>
>>2244402
>To win, I must buy low and sell high. So I look for something low. But I get the fear that the one I choose and is low, will remain low forever or go even lower or the coin will just fuckup completely like asiacoin.

Don't invest in shit coins. Look at coins with
Great development team, coin is actually useful for doing something. You need to do massive research. Technical analysis helps, trading vol, and market cap helps too.

Never panic sell, or else you're a weak white suburb kid.
>>
>>2244431
>Never panic sell, or else you're a weak white suburb kid.

What if I need an $80 dime bag?
>>
>>2244418
>What is blockchain? I dont understand the wikipedia definition

Think of a blockchain as a book with records and it cannot be changed by anyone (including the fucking jews) ... that's what the block chain is. It's just a fancy way of computers keeping a book (ledger) that cannot be modified once a certain time pass.

>When a new "coin" come in (like BAT), are we buying an action of the company? like believing that the company's project will be succesful?

Yes, exactly. ICO is basically like IPO. Think of a coin as a stock.
>>
>>2244415
>Great development team, coin is actually useful for doing something.

For this reason, and no mentioning of NEM, anyone should study why NEM is useful for banking sector.

Also, read whitepaper and compare each and every tech/algo/scientific/algo stuff they put in, and judge it by their way of realizing it. Cuz research paper is just a... well, research.
>>
>>2244419
>Explain what is the relation between price and volume?
You want vol. because it means people are interested in the coin and it's trading. Generally speaking when there is high vol, the price goes up and down fast, so there is money to be made.
>>
>>2244319
How do you know if the coin has a great development team?
>>
Oh this is exactly what i was looking for. I have come into contact with a significant amount of (temporary) money that I could invest.
I was recently in an bad accident. the insurance sent 75k that I need to use to pay back the hospital. I am currently paying it back at a rate of 8.5k a month. I am thinking about investing a good bit of it into bitcoin so maybe i can double it and come out with good lump of change. I've been researching this for the few days or so with alright results.
First: is this a good idea?

Second question: how much?

Third: where can i invest in bulk with the lowest fee?

Forth: when should I invest?
(I'm thinking in about 3 weeks or so)

fifth: is flipping a good idea? I've been doing practice flipping and I would have made around $3000 +- 5% - fees in around 24 hours.

any and all help would be appreciated.
>>
>>2244462
Continuation to my question, I see the trading vol sometimes goes up and sometimes goes down. Why is it so? Are people getting out a lot when I see it going down? Also, how do coinmarketcap knows the trading volume goes down? Do they calculate it based on the coin supply vs the holdings of investor?
>>
File: 1496107010637.jpg (59KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
1496107010637.jpg
59KB, 750x734px
2. Understanding crypto-currency

You have to understanding the underlying technology behind crypto-currency, which is mostly "block chains".

... Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3OTJ1AdraY

The more you understand about crypto-currency, the impending ramifications this technology have on the world, the stronger your faith you will
have in crypto-currency. If you invest right, you can buy yourself a lambo wthin 2 years.

Why is this technology important? For the first time in history, the money goes back to the people. As a famous Jew once said: "I control the money, I control the country". (did you know the Federal Reserve is actually a private banking company? The government has to borrow money from a private company! Really makes you think ...)

You're in the fucking golden age of crypto, because you got in early. Yes, we're in the very early phase. When clueless baby boomers and the local starbucks cunts on their macbooks are browsing crypto currency, you know crypto is mainstream. Right now it isn't -- far from it ...
>>
How do I backup my ether/btc?
>>
>>2244319
What do you mean by "coin is actually useful for doing something" What can a digital coin do other than inspire trading?
>>
>>2244451
Thanks.
And why this is good? It is like the codes that are in dollars that dont allow to falsify money?
Everytime that there is more bitcoins (by mining?), that data stick to other blocks and convert those btc in real money?
>>
>>2244319

I want to start buying and selling coins. I understand that i need a "wallet". what is the best wallet and what should i do next to start buying ETH or bitcoin?
>>
File: 1496030803780.jpg (66KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1496030803780.jpg
66KB, 600x449px
>>2244486
Sounds risky; only invest what you can afford. If you trade goes to shit, how you're going to pay the hospital? LOL.

>>2244493
>Continuation to my question, I see the trading vol sometimes goes up and sometimes goes down. Why is it so?
Because sometimes whales "pump and dump", meaning a whale is a person with 1000 BTC, they buy the coins (to pump it), other people see that it's pumping so high so they buy it too, they the whale dumps all the coins thus crashing the price ... then people get awry of trading that coin so the trading vol. goes down. You want to trade coins that has a trading vol. of 1000 BTC or more so it can't be pumped and dumped by whales.

>Also, how do coinmarketcap knows the trading volume goes down? Do they calculate it based on the coin supply vs the holdings of investor?
I believe coinmarketcap gets their data from exchanges like POLONIEX and BITTREX, so they can see the trading vol.
>>
>>2244510
There are two ways:

1) Private keys - search for the backup function from your wallet and get its private key. It should look like a long garbage numbers and alphabet. Write it on a piece of paper and keep it safe and DON"T let anyone see or use it, else your wallet is someone else's.

2) Pass phrase - This is similar to Private Keys, only that it is in english words like "hello laptop books dumb speaker...". BUT this phrase can only be generated within the wallet you are using AND restored using the same wallet. Unlike Private Keys which can be used to restore in any kind of wallet.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The way I backup mine is

1) take a piece of paper
2) get the private keys/pass phrase
3) write it down each and every character - or you could just put it in Word and print it (I'm paranoid of Microsoft botnet spying on me, it's why I jot it down)
4) reconfirm it by using Diff Text tool online (it's safe no worries)
5) also note down which wallet I'm using atm, cuz I might wanna download and use the same wallet to restore it in the future if my laptop got stolen or anything
6) keep the paper somewhere safe
>>
>>2244510
>How do I backup my ether/btc?
Buy a hardware wallet like nano ledger s. Youtube it.

>>2244518
>What do you mean by "coin is actually useful for doing something" What can a digital coin do other than inspire trading?
For example, ETH is about "smart contracts", XMR is good for privacy, STEEM is about earing money from social media related stuff, XRP is tech for banks (but we know XRP is a kike scam), GNT is about distributed computing, BTC is a storage of value etc, DASH is normie friendly for spending crypto etc.

When a coin does something unique, there is a future in it so it isn't a shit coin.
>>
>>2244510

If you're using myetherwallet, back up the json file. If you're using exodus, there's a back up button on the left. It depends on the service/program you're using.
>>
>>2244360
often whales (investors with large amounts of holdings) will place large buy/sell orders in order to affect the speculative price upwards or downwards. Sometimes these walls are real and when they are hit the price will swing in the opposite direction of the wall as the market is flooded with supply/supply is dried up. More often than not they are fake - when the price gets too close to the wall, the wall will vanish leaving the price to moon or crash in the direction of the wall.
>>
I want to turn my 1 BTC into 10 BTC

Can Bancor make it x10?

Why would Bancor go up?
>>
>>2244577
>>2244510

Also,

Treat mobile app wallet (Coinomi, Xapo, Electrum, Jaxx etc) as your daily wallet you put in your pocket. DO NOT keep your stash of coins inside. This is called "hot storage". Google the meaning.

Put your stash in a cold storage, such as your wallet stored in your laptop which you can get its private key/pass phrase to backup.
>>
>>2244534
>And why this is good? It is like the codes that are in dollars that dont allow to falsify money?

Why is BTC worth $2.2k USD per coin? Because the people (market) agreed that that's the price. Also BTC is useful because you can cash out from BTC to fiat (your local currency).

For example, Western Money Gram makes BILLIONS a year by sending money from one country to another, usually a Mexicans or Indians sending money home back to their family. Instead of paying money gram $30 to send $500 home, they can send BTC back home and it only cost $2 in mining fees.

And yes, no flasifying money.

>Everytime that there is more bitcoins (by mining?), that data stick to other blocks and convert those btc in real money?

Yes, because keeping the ledger cost electricity, and electricity cost money, the program rewards the miner (the computers that keep the book record) some bitcoins every 10 minutes or so.
>>
okay, but just for fun could i get an answer on these ones? :)

Third: where can i invest in bulk with the lowest fee?

Forth: when should I invest?
(I'm thinking in about 3 weeks or so)

fifth: is flipping a good idea? I've been doing practice flipping and I would have made around $3000 +- 5% - fees in around 24 hours.
>>
>>2244611
>I want to turn my 1 BTC into 10 BTC
>Can Bancor make it x10?
>Why would Bancor go up?
Yes, buy and hold bancor. It looks solid as fuck if the technology delivers. Buy and hold for 2 years, be iron hand, no pussy hands allowed.
>>
>>2244555
smooth digits
>>
What happens when a coin supply reached its maximum? Will there be any mining activities? How is the economy of the coin react to it?

Can't think of any coin that has max'd its supply. Do we have now?
>>
also, can you think of anything that would make btc's (or other cryptocurrency) price crash?
>>
>>2244672
>Third: where can i invest in bulk with the lowest fee?

Karken.

>Forth: when should I invest?
ETH and ETC.

Those will only go up. Never panic sell at a lost.
>>
>>2244682
News

Bad news
>>
>>2244680
>What happens when a coin supply reached its maximum? Will there be any mining activities?

There will still be mining activities. For example, BTC will essentially reach max 21 million coins in 2024. To compenstate for mining fees, the sending BTC fee will be somewhat high, so the miners can get some money.

Hint: 1 BTC will be at least $100k USD in 2024.

>Can't think of any coin that has max'd its supply. Do we have now?
Good question; I don't know. Someone please chime in.
>>
are there any good/semi-reliable ways to predict a bubble?
>>
>>2244682
>also, can you think of anything that would make btc's (or other cryptocurrency) price crash?

Bad news but that doesn't matter because the price always bounce up, most of the time if it isn't a shit coin.

People panic sell and lose money, the smart people buy the coins cheap, it goes back up and those with iron hands (smart people) get free money off the dumb people who panic sell.

Never panic sell. Strong nigger hands only.
>>
What wallet can you use to store eth, btc, and many other coins in one place? Can you add more coins to my ether wallet? Is my ether wallet considered cold storage? Can i trust my entire stash on there?
>>
>>2244696
What do you mean Bad News. Bad News of what? Trump is assasinated? Aliens Invade what kind of bad news?
>>
>>2244715
>are there any good/semi-reliable ways to predict a bubble?

Catch a coin when there is massive, MASSIVE trading vol when it's going upwards like a rocket and then crash out. Never buy when it's mooning and going sideways (side rally)
>>
how much have you guys made on cryptocurrency? just curious
>>
>>2244709
>Hint: 1 BTC will be at least $100k USD in 2024.

I always see people saying this and referring to my question above about trading vol vs price, they are able to know how much a coin worth. How do you get the numbers though?
>>
>>2244518
if you go to coinmarketcap.com, you can click a coin then go to the coin's website and read about it
>>
>>2244736

See Mt Gox news circa 2013-2014
>>
>>2244715
>are there any good/semi-reliable ways to predict a bubble?
Also, you never know when a massive bubble is coming, you can only camp yourself BEFORE the bubble starts. This means having good fundamentals and how the coin tech will change the world instead of being a shit coin; look at STRAT it's useful as shit that's why the price is mooning.
>>
oh here's a good question.
what would stop a cryptocurrency from price capping? I mean it can't keep going up forever right?
>>
>>2244749
I get all my numbers straight from my Rabbi.
>>
>>2244577
>BUT this phrase can only be generated within the wallet you are using AND restored using the same wallet. Unlike Private Keys which can be used to restore in any kind of wallet.

Nope can be restored with any wallet that uses BIP-39 mnemonic seed recovery.
>>
>>2244747
I lost $500 in 2014 on Asiacoin blockchain fuckup or whatever it was.
>>
>>2244786
Thank you
>>
>>2244758
Yep I was trading through that shit. Escaped a big loss there but lost a a little. It was part of the reason I got out and am only back now.
>>
do you think the use of quantum computers is going to change the btc mining game a little? the classical mining machines will become obsolete.
>>
Your top 3 wallets for beginners, /biz/?
>>
>>2244815
Electum for BTC
Myetherwallet for ethereum and friends
Most other coins just go with the one the devs recommend
>>
>>2244811
>do you think the use of quantum computers is going to change the btc mining game a little? the classical mining machines will become obsolete.
Yes but by then they'll have crypto-hash function that is quantum computer resistance.

>>2244815
>Your top 3 wallets for beginners, /biz/?

>>2244815
>Your top 3 wallets for beginners, /biz/?
Kraken.com to get your cash to bitcoin
nano ledger s to store your bitcoin long term
bittrex.com to trade coins.
>>
>>2244758
So the only thing that can have significant determinental impact on the value of a coin is the viability of the institutions that provide a field for those coins to be traded. Holy SHit.
>>
If i want to buy altcoins, how do I do it?

Right now the only way I see is buy BTC on coinbase, send BTC to Bittrex, trade for altcoins.

I want to put $300 into Stratis and $200 into Waves
>>
>>2244843
Yes. Or use Kraken because coinbase is jew.
>>
>>2244843

correct. coinbase only has ETH, BTC, and LTC, so if you buy there you have to send it elsewhere.
>>
How do you buy into the Bancor ICO?
>>
>>2244869
what does ico mean
>>
What is an ATH and was is (rnd number) sat?
>>
>>2244882
Initial coin offering, Bancor will probably be very very expensive (1eth=1bancor) according to the whitepaper, $150 a piece on an ICO i'd avoid

Lots are scams now
>>
>>2244894
ATH is all time high
>>
what are your predictions for btc at the end of 2017? ETH and ETC too
>>
>>2244906

their value proposition seems to address the current shitshow with exchanges, plus speculation at an all-time high means at least 3x pump
>>
>>2244319
where can i learn the basics? like everything from scratch. i don't even know what a wallet is.
>>
>>2244961
google it. The basics are explained everywhere meanwhile
>>
>>2244824
>>2244831
Thanks, now how do I start mining ETH? What's the best mining software?
>>
>>2244736
Bad news like 2 planes just knocked down 3 towers. DOW just dropped 15,000 points type stuff.
>>
>>2244894

sat is satoshi, the smallest unit of measurement of a coin's value, which is 0.00000001 of a bitcoin.

1 bitcoin is equal to 100 million satoshis.
>>
>>2244984
thx!
>>
how can you be so sure btc is going to be 100k in 2024?
>>
>>2244961
I just watched videos on YouTube.

A wallet is just like a bank account. You have one for each type of coin and it generates an address (which functions just like a bank account number). Just keep in mind the address changes with time to each time you want to send something to your wallet you have to get its current address.

There are wallets that are online and in the exchange and then hardware wallets where you download it do your computer which is far more secure.
I recommend electum for BTC as it's very secure and simple to use.
>>
>>2244486
okay back to this first question.
if i could allocate 30k safely for 3 months, what are the odds that the price would be below the starting amount?
>>
>>2245038
as long as i didn't invest while it's mooning that is.
>>
>>2245038
Any answer you get would just be speculation. Consider buying these coins as gambling and only buy what you'd be willing to lose.
With that said the smallest risk would be BTC or ETH
>>
>>2244319
Good thread.

How to make a wallet on PC?

Or should I store it on a PC not on the internet?
>>
Whats the best way to buy coins through cash?

What coins should i buy
>>
Is it worth my eyeball time to watch stuff like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFhPmYTeQJ8
>>
File: 1478670271180.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1478670271180.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>>2244831
What are wallets used for?

Why do you call them wallets? Whats the point of them?
>>
Lurking no-coiner here

If i, a burger, were to put money into crypto, and make a profit, but not keep track of every single little trade, how does one cash out to USD AND not get fug'd by the irs?
>>
retard here.

So I kind of get that bitcoin is limited by 'computing power' and that gives the currency value. So what is the difference between bitcoin and other coins? How do they give THEIR coins value? Do they do the same thing?
>>
Why are there so many different coins? Why does every company that uses block chain want or need to make their own cryptocurrency?

How do I convert crypto to cash? It seems like not many people have turned crypto profits to cash money. when whales dump where are they dumping too. Are they cashing out? Wouldn't that mean they fill out 1099 each time?

Many thanks for anyone who answers
>>
Christ this shit is confusing.

So I buy my monopoly money from one of these online exchangers, and they give me a wallet or "account" or whatever yes? But the one they give you you don't actually want because risk of hacks? So you use one of these wallet programs mentioned ITT to make another account and send the shit you bought to there?
>>
>>2244319 lets say i made 50 million on bitcoin or altcoins. what's the smartest way of converting my money to cash?
>>
is it dangerous to do the verification process for gemini? it seems odd to me. a group of people who value privacy and anonymous online presence feel comfortable handing over every last bit of information on an online exchange.

should i sign up for gemini and do the verification? how is it not dangerous for reasons like identify theft etc.
>>
>>2244319
>no matter how stupid you think it is
how do i import my portfoli into blockfolio, i think i must be retarded
>>
>>2246387
The exchanges have their own set of wallets which hold the coins from all of their users accounts.
Its possible for you to generate your own wallet and hold your own coins in the same manner. Exchanges just abstract it up a level so its quicker for everyone involved, but this also means the coins are centralized so its a big target for hackers.
>>
>>2246536
I see, thanks. So to get my stuff from the exchange to my own thing I just send it in the typical way, inputting the address of my generated wallet?
>>
>>2244319
I want to marry this girl.
>>
>>2246534
you do it trade by trade on the app there is no way to export it ( as far as I know)
>>
>>2246467
sell you coins slowly on an exchange that allows fiat transactions. This may result in the payment of taxes.

you could also buy all BTC and sell them slowly in localbitcoins.com. this may result in jailtime
>>
>>2244319
Fuckable goddess. Just the way I like it
>>
>>2246196
there will be a way to see the history of every trade I almost gurantee it. if not how could the IRS find out you owe them ;)
>>
>>2244486
It's tricky but depending on your situation you could throw it all in a wallet and declare bankruptcy and youd keep all of it. You could also take a loan out in the meantime and have like 150k untraceable.
>>
>>2244443
With your gains you can buy pounds and pounds of weed
>>
What could potentially doom cryptos?
>>
>>2247031
discovering a major flaw in elliptic curve crypto
quantum computers successfully btfoing public key crypto
a massive world scale war
>>
>>2247062
>a massive world scale war
feel like this one would benefit not destroy
>>
>>2244319
I'm looking to invest about 10k long term and hold. BTC seems like the safest option for this. Question is, do I buy in now or wait? I think it could drop to 1400 or so from what it is now, but worry with potential mass adoption going forward (Japan, India, etc) that right now the price is actually low. What do you anticipate, or is it too tough to tell right now?
>>
>>2247075
I second that. Everyone will pick 4-5 cointype, sell everything else and go hardware wallet.
Hoping that when the war ends their shit will be infinitely much more valuable.
>>
File: 52d5eygaflsy.jpg (48KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
52d5eygaflsy.jpg
48KB, 720x960px
>>2244319
What do people use to buy coins? I registered on coinbase, but they only seem to sell three kinds of coins

How does Blockfolio work? Do you have to link it to some account somewhere? Do you add money to it and buy through it?

What's the current thought on Etherium? I considered buying in but people seem to think it will drop? Looked at Litecoin too, but it looked like some meme forced by coinbase so I feel like I should stay away
>>
>>2244319
How do you cash ou
>>
>>2244319

This whole thing of if you lose your bitcoins they are gone forever. How can that work properly if bitcoin became a thing that is used in everday banking with everyday people?

Banks offer to protect your money from mistakes, or theft.

Yes I know fiat is bad, but this whole "poof" its gone and you can't get it back thing just seems so risky .... will there ever be a way for people to never lose their bitcoins? Or to get them back if lost?
>>
With 1st August coming and a possible soft fork, how will that impact bitcoin, and what problems may arise from this for users
>>
>>2244495
The Federal Reserve is privately owned by the banks in America. When it built a building in NYC and was subjected to millions of dollars in tax, they began stating that they're a government entity and should be exempted from taxation. So what are they exactly? GG USA. GG WORLD.
>>
>>2244451
>Yes, exactly. ICO is basically like IPO. Think of a coin as a stock.

no, fuck no... this is blatant bullshit...

An IPO is when a company goes public and offers shares to buy. This is called equity. You actually own part of a real company. A company that has revenue, earnings, etc, etc,

ICO are not equity in a company, but simply buying bits and bytes of a complex algorithm, or coins. You don't own part of a company. There are no revenues, earnings, etc, etc. There is only speculation of what the coin is worth.
>>
>>2244319
What are the risks of making a fortune then not being able to cash out via coinbase/bank acct?

I want to cash out legally, pay taxes etc..(US) but will the bank freeze my acct if I make mad gains like 100k or even millions?
>>
>>2244319
How do I buy into an ICO? I want to get bancor with some eth when it comes out, how do I do this?
>>
File: digibyte.png (956KB, 957x564px) Image search: [Google]
digibyte.png
956KB, 957x564px
Shamelessly axing again

Why are there so many different coins? Why does every company that uses block chain want or need to make their own cryptocurrency?

How do I convert crypto to cash? It seems like not many people have turned crypto profits to cash money. when whales dump where are they dumping too. Are they cashing out? Wouldn't that mean they fill out 1099 each time?

Many thanks for anyone who answers
>>
>>2244319
>fees

Yeah! Those crypto fees are totally different! Paid only $8 to transfer a few $100 worth of BTC to my wallet.

ETH ain't better lol.
>>
>>2244431
Don't listen to him. All coins are shitcoins. It's a fucking gamble driven by sentiment. Fundamentals are worth shit (because they're not real fundamentals). TA is superstition.

The only thing you can do is proper bankroll management. Yes, crypto market is more like poker than a real financial market.
>>
>>2244555
I mined ETH, so I used myetherwallet.com
Otherwise, I would recommend electrum if you want an offline wallet for btc. To buy btc or eth on an exchange, you need to sign up for an exchange (kraken is good), get confirmed and then transfer funds. Otherwise, go to localbitcoins.com and buy some btc buy getting an account and setting up a transaction with a seller. This was pretty much a google away, though
>>
>>2244319
I been looking into NEM, is NEM a better technology than Ripple?
>>
>>2244319
why isn't litecoin more respected?
>>
>>2244976
Claymore if you want to just mine ETH, just literally set it up as is shown on a pool like nanopool.org.
Otherwise nicehash
>>
>>2247339
It feels like nothing special. It's like bitcoin's little brother.
>>
one of the dumbest OP posts Ive seen in a while
>>
>>2247362
t. Shlomo
>>
>>2244381
>What is the Best mobile app to buy all types of coins?
Coinbase for bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin
Jaxx.io for wallet and shapeshifting exchanging one crypto for another
>>
>>2247292
The fees are literally the best they could be. The only way to keep the network running is to have fees at least compensate for electricity of the network, thus the fee for a transfer is fairly accurately priced. Still, btc fees are more ridiculous than ETH due to the colossal confirmation time
>>
>>2247362
smartest*
>>
>>2244593
what does the verb "to moon" mean in this sense? to go way up in a sharp curve? to go way down?
>>
>>2244582
What is your expert opinion on Litecoin? Is it a dud? Will it go way up like ETH did in the past 3 months?
>>
>>2244564
>You want to trade coins that has a trading vol. of 1000 BTC or more so it can't be pumped and dumped by whales.
What does trading volume mean exactly? My apologies if this has already been answered.
>>
>>2247206
GG?
>>
>>2245088
>taking financial advice from niggers
No
>>
>>2247270
Shamelessly bumping my own question to keep it from being forgotten in the middle of the thread
>>
Can I still become rich from investing in cryptocurrencies?

How much should I start with?
>>
bump thank you for all the info guys. what news sources/podcasts are reliable and informative?
>>
>>2247571
start with as much as you can and spread on not yet super pumped coins. dont margin trade. dont sell in loss. wait and wait till you got them monies. repeat or pull out.
>>
>>2247665
I'd check out the Daily Shoah for BTC and Mysterium Fasces for ETH and related altcoins.
>>
>>2244319
How do i margin trade? like do i get to choose if price goes up or down? cuz if it means i get to hold more coins than i have do i have to sell the tops and buy the dips to make money on it? i just want the big bucks anon
>>
How the fuck do people get in early to these huge surges that happen for literally no reason?

Have most my money on Eth and today I literally could have traded it all for pretty much 80/100 of the top Coin market cap list and made between 10-40% fucking percent profit.

What the fuck?!?!
>>
>>2247731
nah bro. we need a guiding light in the sea of degeneracy. tune in june 3rd for the return of the show that changed your weekend forever.
>>
Do I buy bitcoin now or wait for it to drop?
>>
>>2244319
How does Blockfolio work? Do you link your bank account to it
>>
>>2244319
How does Blockfolio work do you link it to your bank account? Is it a safe way to buy coin
>>
>>2247922
Its not an exhange, its just a way to view your entire portfolio. You have to manually enter your transactions
>>
>>2244319
What does ''sat'' and ''sats'' mean?
>>
Ok here's a dumb one- why don't a large percentage of holders of an alt-coin collude to sell part of their coins for a reduced price to expand the userbase of a coin while holding some for profits that come with more users of the cryptocurrency? Wouldn't making cryptos affordable to a more massive population be beneficial to the currencies value in the long run?
>>
Hi, I'm new to /biz/, usually on /o/
What are good/ trustworthy guides how to get into coins?
I see that they are risky so I want to invest next to nothing for a start, like 100€. Do I have to monitor the market every hour or can I just buy and check back every week?
I'm from Germany if that's of importance.
>>
I have most of my money on coinbase, but as many of you suggested it's better to store your money cold. How should I do that? People said 'write your address down on a piece of paper'. What address?
>>
File: 1486516004055.jpg (646KB, 1791x1815px) Image search: [Google]
1486516004055.jpg
646KB, 1791x1815px
Is it a good idea to put in a sell order right before a big sell wall?
>>
>>2248158

You want to be able to control your private keys, that means no other person has access to them. If you lose them? You are fucked. However, that means no one else has access to them(no government, no hackers)

https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview
You can check the available wallets here.

I personally use Exodus.
>>
>>2248158
It's a combo of the street you lived on when you were in the 3rd grade, and your father's maiden namesake.
>>
>>2247442
what do you think
>>
>>2248203
I'm using Exodus as well. So you have all your money on exodus? Then there's no need to remember your private key right?
>>
>>2248258
don't be a faggot
>>
>>2246558
me too
>>
>>2244840
What about this...
Since crypto currency is anonymous, can't be traced and all that then it's great for criminals. Once the crimes get so horrific (e.g. multiple kidnapping of children with ransom demanded in crypto currency) then governments may be forced to make them illegal. Currently, ransoms can be traced but soon kidnappers will figure out crypto.
>>
why is BTC/USD so much higher on OKCoin than everywhere else for the past few hours?
>>
>>2244319
How much riptobux do I need to buy to be able to buy my gf underwear as in pic related?

And where on earth can I buy underwear (or anything else that is not drugs) with BTC in €uroland?
>>
>>2244319
hi first post on this board, how to get rich before evening?
>>
File: best.jpg (161KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
161KB, 1080x1080px
>>2244319
How the hell do I mine ETH??? I downloaded the ETH mining software and now I don't know hwo to get it to run in the back of my CMD prompt....
>>
>>2244319
Please help answer this >>2248377
>>
>>2248320
>but you said its anonymous
how to make it illegal then? How to enforce the law when you don't know the identity of the lawbreakers?
>>
>>2244319
tfw lost a wallet with 3 monero in it.
I'm a bit of a fucktard.
>>
>>2248444
The exchanges become illegal, to transact in crypto becomes illegal,.to hold any crypto currency becomes illegal. Even if people can get around it, it means no widespread adoption so massive hit to the value.
>>
>>2248444
>muh anonimity
Have you ever actually bought/sold coins?
>>
Does TA really help? If it does what I should study first?
>>
File: 1486369672309.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486369672309.gif
2MB, 400x300px
I'm a complete noob in all of these, but i have some good economics and maths bases.

I want to get into crypto currencies but i have some questions:
-is Bitcoin the best crypto currency ?
-How much should i invest for a beginners trial (i think i'll put something like 500$ in bitcoin and get it back at the end of the year, hoping for some gain)
-For how long is the bitcoin expected to rise ?
-How much growth can i expect in a year ?
>>
>>2248577
Fellow noob here, maybe it helps you if I list my experiences so far:
>-is Bitcoin the best crypto currency ?
Depends how you define best.
It's one of the few that you can actually use to buy some things, I hear, but if you ask on what you can use it for >>2248333 you normally don't get answers, so it's still very far away from being useful in general.
Also, the tech behind it can't keep up with the volume (though that is supposed to change soon), so you either have to wait hours to days for your transaction, and/or pay huge fees (Hey, just like with traditional banks!!!! hooray!!!).
On the other hand, it's size is probably going to keep it afloat for quite some time.
Get some other big names too (ETH, Ripple, Waves,…)

>-How much should i invest for a beginners trial (i think i'll put something like 500$ in bitcoin and get it back at the end of the year, hoping for some gain)
As much as you can loose without causing you issues or thaugts of KYS.
The whole thing is still quite unstable, so getting back fiat or buing stuff with BTC might not work, when you finally realize you'd want too.

>-For how long is the bitcoin expected to rise ?
Forever.
Maybe a few more hours.
Until ETH becomes bigger.
Until Ripple and the banks backing it kill it.
Until it gets outlawed, which might be never or next month.
There are reasons to assume that in general, it will keep an upwards trend, but expect some heavy setbacks along the way.

>-How much growth can i expect in a year ?
>expect
See above. If it continues like it did throughout all of this year, you can assume at least 1,000% return, but if we are at some bubble (again), it'll easily be -80%.
Shit's very crazy. I went in in April, and as of now, I'm 200% in the green, with minimal trading and only "solid" coins.
>>
Worst state NY here. Anyone know what the BitLicense law is? It's exclusively to NY. I'm pretty sure it just applies to the exchanges right? Not the individual investors? Also which exchange websites have the license? I know coinbase and bittrex do so I use them but Id rather use a different exchange if I can.
>>
So why wouldn't regulation and more taxes occur? You seem so adamant about """da jooz""" but fail to realize this will literally happen without a doubt.
>>
>>2244994
It won't. BTC is shit technology. 10-20 minute transaction times . If it's 2K now x by about 50 amount of transactions. It will take days to send. Nobody will use it then
>>
>>2247127
LTC is strictly a better bitcoin.
>>
>>2244415
There is no official Kraken app though, at least not for android.
>>
>>2247901
Blockfolio doesn't buy or sell. It just keeps track of data you input yourself.
>>
>>2247818
This man knows what's up. #1 Cryptocurrency podcast: Fash the Nation.

Tune in June 3rd.
>>
>>2248684
Gemini is the only other as far as I know. I wasn't aware Bittrex had it though of course it must since that's my main exchange and I've never had an issue in NY. For keeping fiat or making withdrawls though, I only trust Gemini/Coinbase. FDIC insured and licensed.
>>
File: IMG_4742.jpg (382KB, 2190x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4742.jpg
382KB, 2190x1080px
If I pay with a bank transfer to buy ETH on coinbase, will I get ETH according to the price of that moment, or will I get it according to what ETH is worth when the money comes through 2-3 days later? PLEASE
>>
File: 1404470222388.jpg (72KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1404470222388.jpg
72KB, 1024x768px
I have $400 to invest right now

I'm planning to put it into these coins equally when there's a dip for them

>BTC
>ETH
>WAVES
>XMR
>DGB
>STRAT
>GNT
>SIA
>LTC

am I doing something stupid, or is this a solid long term plan?
>>
>>2248271
where do you look to see the moon?
>>
This question is rather technical but...

I read it's safer to store your wallet on a PC not connected to the internet...

What if you have a machine with 2 hard drives? One Windows and the other a Linux distro. You store it on the Linux distro but never boot it up.

Your Windows machine can still techncially see the hard drive when you boot it up...and the machine is still on the internet. Would that mean the Linux Distro was accessible through the net?

I'm thinking it would be...
>>
>>2249268

I would split 200-200, else the fees will kill you. Also hold in wallet instead of exchange if you want to hold longterm.
>>
File: 1496249465792.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1496249465792.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
What percentage of the buying price the profit has to be for the buy low sell high to be profitable?
>>
>>2249419
200-200 on what?
>>
File: lo-elzodurt-49-punk-psychedelic.jpg (512KB, 719x385px) Image search: [Google]
lo-elzodurt-49-punk-psychedelic.jpg
512KB, 719x385px
>>2249268
ltc, strat - it's enough
>>
>>2249395

Windows cant read Linux filesystems such as ext4 by default. But it is not recommended because determined attackers will be able to. Also in case of crash of hdd it is not advised. Just store on USB that is encrypted. Make sure you make multiple copies on different places/devices.
>>
>>2249482
I thought of that, but USB's fail at a higher rate.

I'm still not real sure how to do it anyways.
>>
>>2249471

Gnt, xmr, strat, eth or waves from your list. Buy one when a good dip happens or good news/updates are released.
>>
>>2249494

That is why i say multiple devices. For example in a encrypted container on a cloud (only use for wallet) is good.
>>
Fuck all these fuckinh normies.

Like wtf. Are you that lazy to google your shit? Fuck these faggots that want to be spoonfeeded
>>
>>2249534
I guess my question is, you download software capable of creating wallets correct?

So I could use the program to create a wallet to a USB drive?

Then that software could also work on a cloud, but it would have the same password?
>>
Does every transaction on Bittrex warrant some tax for a trader based in EU?
What do you think of a 300 EUR portfolio with:
50% ARK
25% XMR
14% ARDR
11% WINGS?
>>
>>2249558

Dont use shill wallets. Only download them for the official site or github. Then you backup the wallet.dat file. That you save on your encrypted usb/cloud and done. If you encrypted your wallet also then yes.

For encryption use veracrypt. Just use some guides online on how to make a encrypted container.
>>
>>2247970
Seconding this, what does "sats" mean?
>>
File: Question.jpg (21KB, 768x85px) Image search: [Google]
Question.jpg
21KB, 768x85px
Regarding mining: What is the difference between DCR hashrate of 248 and Eth hash rate of 24? Why is my Eth hash rate so much lower?

Which should I use to calculate profit per hour?
>>
>>2247525
icoalert .com in case you're still lurking
>>
>>2250232
Smallest possible unit of bitcoin. I don't know why googling this question provides such lack of good results.
>>
>>2248174
depends. If the sell wall is fake, you might have a nice gain if you place the order after it (higher price), and it gets taken in the resulting spike.
>>
>>2250472
Nvm. It turns out that I was mining from wrong bat file. Mean to mine eth only, which I now did correctly by following the instructions on ethermine.org
>>
>>2249223

You transfer FIAT to the coinbase account, and you then place the orders once the money is there.

I'm not sure if they have an "instant liquidation" type of deal -- I know they have that on BitStamp, but even there I think they have to at least verify your payment before they execute your orders..
>>
Need tips for Canadian cryptotraders.

1. Who do I use if quadrigacx doesn't support interac e-transfers yet, and my bank (cibc) only uses those?
2. Alternatively how do I know a direct bank transfer to quadrigacx then some withdrawals won't make my bank be like "fuck you we don't like coins, were closing your account"
3. Once I have coins on an exchange, how do I transfer them to say bittrex or polo.
4. Do I need an individual wallet for each coin I invest in?
5. How scammy is coinsquare.io? For some retarded reason the founder decides to use his own units instead of the pretty much standards found at other places.
>>
It's Kraken good for long term investments (1 to 4 years) or should I use coinbase?

My parents have 10k usd savings in a bank of America account, I've talked to them to invest a bit in crypto and they want to try investing around 1k.

We live in Europe rn, would it be a good idea to invest it in eth and btc?
>>
>>2244319
Post YFW this girl is 14
>>
>>2250703
You buy on an exchange then take the coins off the exchange and store them in an offline wallet if you're in for the long haul

Leaving coins on an exchange is risky
>>
Newbie here

Are transactions in exchanges done by the order in which orders are placed? For example, if I want to sell an altcoin and there's a 10 BTC wall for the price I set it to, must I wait exactly until those 10 BTC are gona until my altcoins are sold?
>>
>>2244984
>0.00000001

Learn your decimals nigger. .000001
>>
>>2244319
Is Bitcoin going to drop down soon
>>
>>2249559
that you need to keep some BTC, and those coins are weird, but that's the type of shit that increases in value a lot.
I know a very good coin that is going under the radar now, but will be good in a few weeks. I'm accumulating.
If you just want to HOLD though, I'd recommend some of the big ones too, ETH, Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc
>>
>>2248614
Thanks a lot, i got interested because i saw this huge bubble rising and it basically becoming mainstream now.

I didn't have the courage to step in in 2012 and in 2014 because i was afraid of losing a couple hundred dollars, and damn i regret.
>>
File: cats.webm (2MB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
cats.webm
2MB, 460x258px
>>2244319
What website do /biz/ bros use for trading? Apart from checking coinmarketcap and having a blockfolio app account while also using coinbase, which websites to buy and sell most coins? How do I stay safe knowing coinbase alone isn't enough for holdings?

many thanks in advance
>>
>>2248125
bumping this as im in the same boat
>>
>>2251594
try plebbit
>>
File: 1409678003154.jpg (13KB, 274x242px) Image search: [Google]
1409678003154.jpg
13KB, 274x242px
>>2250910

Which one faggit?

>let's entertain him
>>
Is it dumb to buy crypto with a high interest credit card
>>
>>2251852
Extremely.
>>
File: IMG_0230.jpg (4MB, 5184x2912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0230.jpg
4MB, 5184x2912px
whats stops the government flaming crypto currency because of the potential illegal activities that can happen.
>>
>>2244319
How does one cash out their coins for regular money? I know there are some sites that you can spend them on, but what about cashing out several grand?
>>
If i've got eth and I want to sell it and invest in altcoins, is it better to sell eth for btc and then buy alt coins or just use eth directly?
>>
>>2251851
I'm not telling you

>>2252024
> The Government
You mean the US Government?
Then americans will be left behind with nobody investing in the future world coins
>>
What are some business models based on blockchain tech? can someone point me in a direction that will describe the other uses of a blockchain?
>>
>>2244592
The JSON file i get from myetherwallet is encrypted with my pass phrase, so that means that the file by itself is useles right? If a third party find it, they can't do anything with it, correct?
>>
great thread thanks.

let's assume I make a lot of profit with investing in coins and now I want to to change coins in fiatmoney for example euro. how can I hide it from the governement and dont pay any taxes?
>>
>>2250504
Thank you, although I didn't realise it would probably be dominated by whales
>>
>>2244319
Why are coinfags antisemitic?
>>
What happens when BTC mining stops in 2040? If I understood correctly, "mining" rewards people for running their math solving verfication machines with new bitcoins. How will verification work when there's no more incentive to keep the miners rolling?
>>
>>2253037
Because every banker and world leader is a jew. Jews literally lied Israel into existance. Bitcoin is not part of a centralized system so it's out of their reach. Anti-semitic people will flood to markets that are free from jewish control.
>>
>>2247259
>What are the risks of making a fortune then not being able to cash out via coinbase/bank acct?
>I want to cash out legally, pay taxes etc..(US) but will the bank freeze my acct if I make mad gains like 100k or even millions?

No, this is the biggest normie fear. You earned it fair and square, so you're going to get your money. As long as you pay your taxes to the jews, I mean gov, you should be fine.
>>
>>2247279
>Why are there so many different coins? Why does every company that uses block chain want or need to make their own cryptocurrency?

There are many different coins like there are many different software companies. Each coin does a different thing -- for example, STEEM coin is about for social media (you write articles and you get paid in STEEM) while Ripple is a code for the banks so they can be more efficent, thus saving them money etc etc.

There are many shit coins; what you need to do is study (or read my blog) and invest in the best coins to buy your lambo

>How do I convert crypto to cash? It seems like not many people have turned crypto profits to cash money. when whales dump where are they dumping too. Are they cashing out? Wouldn't that mean they fill out 1099 each time?
You cash out by using coinbase.com or Kraken.com, you pay your taxes. There are many sites that you import your trades, and it automatically makes a spread sheet for you so you don't have to manually do anything.

Yes, there are whales but if you learn how the whales operate, you ride the wave and make money ... then eventually you become a whale, feels good mang.
>>
>>2247330
>I been looking into NEM, is NEM a better technology than Ripple?
Yes, XRP (ripple) is a jewish coin but it's being pumped by jews with rich money so the coin isn't going anywhere. Who knows what long term value it has but since it's 3rd in market cap it isn't going anywhere.What do? Just buy whatever you can, hold for a year and enjoy your free money.
>>
>>2253257
jo mang, pls hurry up with ur blog, I want to go to space too
>>
>>2249559
>What do you think of a 300 EUR portfolio with:
>50% ARK
>25% XMR
>14% ARDR
>11% WINGS?

Too much meme my nigga.

Go:

30 BTC
30 ETH
30 ETC
10 WINGS
>>
>>2253303
ah not to forget, would u use kraken or coinbase too if u came from middle europe or are there better sites for that?
>>
>>2253303
I will my nigga, working on it. Thanks for reading!
>>
How do you buy these latest currencies that just come out?
>>
>>2253319
I heard europoor or middle east use GDAX, Amurricaa uses coinbase. KRAKEN is good worldwide it's a jap company.
>>
>>2253321
>How do you buy these latest currencies that just come out?
It's called ICO, you buy it using ETHERUM.

https://steemit.com/ethereum/@tomshwom/getting-in-to-icos-a-guide-and-some-tips-and-tricks
>>
>>2253170
>What happens when BTC mining stops in 2040? If I understood correctly, "mining" rewards people for running their math solving verfication machines with new bitcoins. How will verification work when there's no more incentive to keep the miners rolling?

By then, transfer fees will be high, so they're compensated for the mining. But who knows, by then BTC might go to POS (proof of stakes) instead of POW (proof work, mining like right now); so you don't have to worry about.
>>
>>2253320
>>2253326
thanks mate! one last question, I read today so much where to get a wallet, how to start etc and now I am more confused than secure what to do. can u list how to begin(which sites) and what to do or link a site which has an updated introduction? thanks mate, if I get wealthier thank to you I will let u fuck my gf nigga
>>
File: 6534635665.png (1MB, 752x900px) Image search: [Google]
6534635665.png
1MB, 752x900px
I'm gonna start with buying one since I've never done this before

>Kraken to buy ethereum
>MEW for wallet
Are these good?
>>
File: 1493516958097.jpg (229KB, 899x909px) Image search: [Google]
1493516958097.jpg
229KB, 899x909px
Ok guys help answer some questions:

Is the gas price per ETH or for whole transaction?

Can Parity wallet be used on other computers like say if im at work during the ICO times? Do I use my pass phrase to unlock the wallet there?
>>
>>2253333
thank you, I appreciate it.
>>
>>2253196
>shut it down, the goy knows!
>>
>>2253374
I'm assuming your from AUD, so get yourself a nano leger S to store your etherum offline. Youtube "nano leger S", buy it. It's worth every penny and I got some.

Later, I'm going to have a BTC address for donation because I want to buy myself a 4chan pass so I don't have to catchpa; this way I can help you guys faster.

>>2253384
>>Kraken to buy ethereum
>>MEW for wallet
>Are these good?
Yes, get a hardware wallet. If you're investing in the long run, get a hardware wallet otherwise you'll fuck up, especially if you're using Windows.
>>
Should I mine monero or ethereum?
>>
>>2244319
Sauce on this bitch

cant find anything
>>
guys what does it mean when the volume of a coin spikes up, but the price of the coin doesnt necessarily start rising? does it mean wahles bought a bunch and are just holding?
>>
>>2253446
no switzerland ;) I will buy it thx.

last question(I think): Would u invest now in BTC? If I look at the chart it seems to be a bubble which is popping soon?
>>
>>2253384
>>Kraken to buy ethereum
>>MEW for wallet
>Are these good?

To re-answer your question:

Ranking, from worst to best:

Keep your coins in an exchange like Poloniex.com or Bittrex.com. Why? Because the exchange can get hacked and you’re shit out of luck, my friend)
“Hot wallet” AKA online wallet like coinbase.com or Jaxx app. Why? Because you don’t control the private keys. This means that you’re fucked if coinbase.com got hacked. What about Jaxx App, which is an adroid app? Hackers can hack your phone by putting a keyword logger, so you’re fucked too. Oh boy.
Paper wallet. Getting better – most thiefs aren’t savvy and your paper wallet looks like a QR code. However, you can lose your paper wallet if you lose your paper wallet, someone is smart enough to know your paper wallet is your private key. Paper wallet is free and easy to make …
Encrypted wallet .dat file. You can store your encrypted .dat wallet into a USB thumb drive. Now you’re getting pretty secure. However, be sure to make multiple copies of it, because if you lose it you’re shit out of luck my nigga.
Hardware wallet – the best! There is a lot of hardware wallet in the market like Trezor, Nano Ledger S (my recommendation) or KeepPassX. Even if there is spyware on your computer, your coins are safe because a nigga can’t steal your coins, since the hardware wallet is almost walled off from the Internet. Also when you start your hardware wallet, you generate “seed words”, so even if you lose your wallet you punch in your seed words and it reconstructs your wallet from scratch; thus as long as you keep your seed words safe you’ll never lose your coins. FUCKING AMEN, thank you Jesus.
>>
>>2253486
Use https://www.nicehash.com/, they will use your mining power and then pay you out in BTC.
>>
>>2253510
>last question(I think): Would u invest now in BTC? If I look at the chart it seems to be a bubble which is popping soon?

Aboslutely; you will kick yourself once you see BTC becomes $5k USD per coin, or $10k USD per coin, then $100k.

Invest what you can afford to lose and buy yourself a lambo.

** go to my blog to sign up at coinbase, you'll get $10 and I'll get $10 if you sign up thru my link, thank you my switz nigga.
>>
>>2253523
thanks u are the man !!
>>
Doesn't the sheer value and volatility of bitcoin make it unviable? Are people going to use it as a currency when the next year the same amount of BTC will be worth twice as much? Or maybe it'll crash? Are people really willing to use BTC to make a small purchase and have to figure out 0.0000000245 btc is worth this product they're buying?

Does the fact that there are limited bitcoins means bitcoin will hit a wall where it is unviable as a global currency?
>>
>>2244770
nah, some day 1btc == 1btc so...
>>
>>2253605
You must not use Bitcoin as a currency if you are asking this question.

Bitcoin is and remains the only coin I've used as a currency.
>>
>>2244451
you are a fucking idiot my friend. There are no business operations behind the price of a coin, no profits, and no revenues. Comparing it to an IPO is just proof that you are financially illiterate and that bitcoin is a timebomb full of retard investors
>>
>>2253605
>Doesn't the sheer value and volatility of bitcoin make it unviable? Are people going to use it as a currency when the next year the same amount of BTC will be worth twice as much? Or maybe it'll crash? Are people really willing to use BTC to make a small purchase and have to figure out 0.0000000245 btc is worth this product they're buying?

Good question; as a trader it's okay if BTC goes to shit. Because of the volatility, it means there is money to be made. You can trade or invest; either way you'll come out as a winner at the end of the day because you can cash out.

>>2253763
Shut up, nigger.
>>
File: Satoshi-Nakamoto-AP.jpg (191KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Satoshi-Nakamoto-AP.jpg
191KB, 2048x1536px
>>2253828
Rumor has it that this man created Bitcoin; his street name is “Satoshi Nakamoto”

In 2008, Mr. Nakamoto was sniffing coke off a stripper’s ass and getting high in the strip club. But then the 2008 subprime market crash happened in the USA, which led to a world wide depression.

(What is the subprime market crash? Because bankers being greedy hooked nose crooks. The bankers scammed people and then, in turn, the government bailed them out. What the fuck?)

Mr. Nakamoto said: “These fucking hooked nose bankers, I’ll create my own digital cash, I don’t give a fuck!”

So he created bitcoin. What makes bitcoin unique is the blockchain. With blockchains, you cannot “double spend”. Meaning, you have 1 bitcoin, you can send it to someone … and your bitcoin is gone; you cannot have 1 bitcoin and send 10 bitcoins to friends. Why? Because of the blockchain, which is like a record book that cannot be changed.

How is the block chain (record book) kept? Because computers keeps updating the book. But running computers to update the blockchain cost money, so Mr. Nakamoto, in his infinite wisdom, gives free bitcoins to the owners of the computer owners every 10 minutes. Because bitcoin has value, the computer owners will continue to run the computers so the record book (blockchains) stay updated.

Interesting, huh?
>>
>>2253523
>Nano Ledger S (my recommendation)
Any specific reasons in terms of security?
>>
>>2253862
All hardware wallets is good but I like the nano leger S because:

1. easy to use
2. you have seedwords to back up your wallet (Also when you start your hardware wallet, you generate “seed words”, so even if you lose your wallet you punch in your seed words and it reconstructs your wallet from scratch; thus as long as you keep your seed words safe you’ll never lose your coins. FUCKING AMEN, thank you Jesus.)
3. cheaper than the competition
>>
What are some reliable news sources regarding cryptocurrency and relevant business?
>>
>>2253968
https://decentralize.today/latest
http://www.coindesk.com/category/news/
https://cointelegraph.com/
>>
>>2253870
>>2253999
Thanks, tutor anon.
>>
>>2254031
You're welcome my friend, be sure to bookmark my blog (it's updated every day)

I will also add a donation QR code so I can get the money to buy a 4chan pass this way I can help you guys faster.
>>
>>2253828
your denial is bratty at best. Are you even a college educated person? let alone educated in an economics/finance major
>>
File: 1454985816582.png (808KB, 1080x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1454985816582.png
808KB, 1080x1059px
So let me get this right

I use Kraken to buy Etherum, then I use Etherum to buy alt coins?

I hold on for deer life, then if I get lucky the coin will have mooned and I can sell for a huge profit.

In doing so I turn the alt coins back into etherum and then to back to cash (somehow)?

is crypto currency liquid?

Will normies ever get involved and baloon the markets?

I'm sorry i'm so fucking retarded, I just want a lambo like all of you
>>
How does American buy bancor since bancor don't want American to buy it? Please anser.
>>
>>2254183

you don't, that's how you know it's a s̷̛̳̙̝͇̠͙̑̈̓̉̒̄̈́̕͜c̵̛̞̜͉̙̠̈́̓̒͌͋́̓̚͢a̷̡̳͙͙̹̋͋͒̏̓̕͘͟͢͠͠m̫͙̱̟͍͑̑̾̐̀͐̀͐͗͜
>>
File: 1483454544001.jpg (138KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1483454544001.jpg
138KB, 1280x853px
>>2254175
>I use Kraken to buy Etherum, then I use Etherum to buy alt coins?
I would go for Bitcoin.

>is crypto currency liquid?
Depends. On which currency and which day.
Also depends on if you want to cash out $1k, $10k or $100k.

>Will normies ever get involved and baloon the markets?
As the market matures and it gets easier to throw money at it.
>>
>>2254175
dont listen to these people i have my doctorate in economics. bitcoin has detached from its microstructure similarities to other currencies, and has become a speculative craze. what is stopping bitcoin from crashing? strong profits from sales of real goods? the existence of real property? is bitcoin backed by any real assets? No. Bitcoin is supposed to move like a currency, and it did for a while aside from black swan events. This is different, these are uneducated pump and dumpers. they dont have your best interests in mind.
>>
>>2254119
I got a Ph.D in economics.

>>2254175
>I use Kraken to buy Etherum, then I use Etherum to buy alt coins?
>I hold on for deer life, then if I get lucky the coin will have mooned and I can sell for a huge profit.
>In doing so I turn the alt coins back into etherum and then to back to cash (somehow)?
>is crypto currency liquid?
>I'm sorry i'm so fucking retarded, I just want a lambo like all of you

Yes; ETH went from $10 about a year go to $230 now. You buy, HOLD, then sell. Convert the ETH back to fiat and you buy that nice lambo.
>>
>>2254175
Yes, the market cap right now is like 70 billlion (check marketcoincap.com), wait until it hits 1 trill or 2 trillion ... you basically 20x your money if you buy and hold. Normies will flood the market soon enough.
>>
>>2254233
like i said above you. Same.
>>
>>2254218
>dont listen to these people i have my doctorate in economics. bitcoin has detached from its microstructure similarities to other currencies, and has become a speculative craze. what is stopping bitcoin from crashing? strong profits from sales of real goods? the existence of real property? is bitcoin backed by any real assets? No. Bitcoin is supposed to move like a currency, and it did for a while aside from black swan events. This is different, these are uneducated pump and dumpers. they dont have your best interests in mind.

You are literally a dumb, no coin nigger. I got a Ph.D from Harvards from class 2002 and let me tell you this: blockchain is here to stay; it's basically Internet 3.0. You get into crypto first and you make your million; because of dumb niggers like you that FUD you don't understand there is MASSIVE profits to be made.
>>
>>2254218
>dont listen to these people i have my doctorate in economics. bitcoin has detached from its microstructure similarities to other currencies, and has become a speculative craze. what is stopping bitcoin from crashing?
There is just too much money floating around in the world and literally the whole world can agree on crypto currency being pumpable as opposed to some edgy piece of art or real estate or classic car etc.
>>
>>2254254
you use the word nigger twice and pluralized harvard. are you trying to imply you are near 40 years old? lol you are a fucking loser I'm 25
>>
>>2254254
you are full of shit you clown lmao
>>
>>2254294
kneegrow I graduated harvard(s) when I was 14.
>>
>>2254308
if you had a ph.d in economics you would be talking about the multitude of black swan macro events that have been occurring. And how a recession is looming in the balance. Do you honestly not consider macro data when considering the value of bitcoin? if thats the case you are an uneducated p&d pos trying to trick these stupid kids into buying into your assets
>>
>>2247253
>There is only speculation of what the coin is worth.

So it's like an ipo?
>>
I'd like to get into crypto but don't really know what to do. So here are my questions:
What program should I use to mine/how do I mine (I know ur supposed to use cmd or something)?
How do I store whatever I mine up?

How do I turn it into physical assets? (The most important question)
>>
>>2254356
You girls go fight outside you're disrupting the q n a
>>
>>2254379
dont you want to know whether or not the dude ur listening to is a complete crock of shit
>>
>>2254371
>How do I store whatever I mine up?

How to keep your coins safe

Whether you have bitcoin or etherum, you don’t want no mother fucker to steal your coins. So you have to keep it safe. How so?

Ranking, from worst to best:

1. Keep your coins in an exchange like Poloniex.com or Bittrex.com. Why? Because the exchange can get hacked and you’re shit out of luck, my friend)

2. “Hot wallet” AKA online wallet like coinbase.com or Jaxx app. Why? Because you don’t control the private keys. This means that you’re fucked if coinbase.com got hacked. What about Jaxx App, which is an adroid app? Hackers can hack your phone by putting a keyword logger, so you’re fucked too. Oh boy.

3. Paper wallet. Getting better – most thiefs aren’t savvy and your paper wallet looks like a QR code. However, you can lose your paper wallet if you lose your paper wallet, someone is smart enough to know your paper wallet is your private key. Paper wallet is free and easy to make …

Encrypted wallet .dat file. You can store your encrypted .dat wallet into a USB thumb drive. Now you’re getting pretty secure. However, be sure to make multiple copies of it, because if you lose it you’re shit out of luck my nigga.

4. Hardware wallet – the best! There is a lot of hardware wallet in the market like Trezor, Nano Ledger S (my recommendation) or KeepPassX. Even if there is spyware on your computer, your coins are safe because a nigga can’t steal your coins, since the hardware wallet is almost walled off from the Internet. Also when you start your hardware wallet, you generate “seed words”, so even if you lose your wallet you punch in your seed words and it reconstructs your wallet from scratch; thus as long as you keep your seed words safe you’ll never lose your coins.

>How do I turn it into physical assets? (The most important question)
Transfer your coins to coinbase.com or GDAX, then change the money from coin to fiat, then move it to your bank.
>>
>>2254371
>What program should I use to mine/how do I mine (I know ur supposed to use cmd or something)?
Youtube it; basically you download a program, mine it, and then you get paid in BTC.

I will make a detailed guide on how to mine bitcoin and alt coins soon.
>>
>>2254441
>>2254448
Thanks fellas. I still don't quite get the wallet part though. Does whatever miner you use dump the stuff into that automatically? How do you *create* it. Info I find always seems to point me in the direction of some program or website, but how would that work if you're mining with just a cmd window? Does your wallet get created as soon as you start?
>>
>>2254042
>http://bizcryptoguide.wordpress.com
Another anon here, your blog makes sense, bookmarked.

Lets see each other in buttcoin paradise.
>>
Is mining still worth it?

Plan on using Nicehash with some $200 RX 570s and then plan on using income generated to fund another mining rig and so on.
>>
>>2254521
You brought up some really good questions. I will answer them when I come home. Also I will add mining and wallet section in the blog.
>>
>>2254600
Lit. I'll be checking ur blog when I'm a lil less busy.
Additionally, I've read what people are saying here and I get what seeds are, just not how you use those to create these wallets that you'd use in transactions. From an ignorant pov, it seems like the only way to use your currency to make transactions would be to give up your seed/wallet info to whatever company you're working with.
>>
File: musk.png (309KB, 557x617px) Image search: [Google]
musk.png
309KB, 557x617px
>>2253257

but whey does each software company need or want to make their own coin? Why can't they just be a software company
>>
Just made my first coinbase account, Should I buy Eth now or wait for a dip?
>>
Where do I buy bancor on ico?
>>
>>2253855
While that guy was named Satoshi Nakamoto, he turned out to just be some near-retired engineer in poor health. He literally lacked the technical knowledge to develop anything like bitcoin. The community got together and gave him a ton of BTC (something like 50k worth at the time) as a "sorry, we fucked up". I wonder what happened to that guy.

Bitcoin, no one really knows who Nakamoto is or was. From code analysis, some think it was done by a state level group at this time. Odd decisions in retrospect, like choosing a lesser known AES256 encryption algorithm compared to one in more common use at the time, that turned out to contain a NSA backdoor, years after the fact.

That said, Bitcoin type systems are probably the future of the world financial system. BTC is falling to the same problems of many open source programs, too many leaders and not enough followers. (Look at the segwit problem), and while it's likely it'll go much much higher, extreme long term (like, 10-20 years) I see it getting eclipsed by another crypto.
>>
did any of you ever add CryptoAnna on skype? is xhe cool?
>>
What's the difference between total and sum on the order books?
>>
>>2255405
>ETH with shitty JavaScript code in the background
kek
>>
Kraken, Poloniex or Bittrex?

Also, should I put my first dosh into ETH like everyone's been saying for the past week while I've been lurking?
>>
How do I move ETH from coinbase to another eth wallet? And why wont coinbase let me do that?
>>
>>2256100
>Kraken, Poloniex or Bittrex?

All three. Personally I use POLO and bittrex.

>Also, should I put my first dosh into ETH like everyone's been saying for the past week while I've been lurking?

Yes, ETH only goes up. You want to put like 20 percent of your portfilio into ETH.

Oh, and CryptoAnna is a hairy, bald gay white guy.
>>
>>2256156
>How do I move ETH from coinbase to another eth wallet? And why wont coinbase let me do that?
I'm not an expert on coinbase because I don't use their Jewish service; can someone else chime in on this?
>>
>am stupid with weak hand

should i just fuck with the loan section on polo and make wittle bitty gains instead of muh daytrading
>>
>>2244978
>DOW just dropped 15,000 points type stuff.

Wouldn't this increase prices? If people are selling on DOW they're usually buying gold.
>>
Why can't I buy Ethereum using my paycard from work? I've tried Coinbase, Kraken, exchanging USD through Changelly, and they all seem to run like dog shit
>>
File: 1495741492291.jpg (376KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495741492291.jpg
376KB, 1080x1080px
(Hypothetically) Why would I(or why did you) invest into crypto with other investments existing?

Just seems like a more modern trendy version of penny stocks. I see people posting 150 dollar wallets discussing ROI like its going to make them rich, when they are probably unemployed pseudo investors and could make like 2k/mo mowing lawns with that 150 dollar portfolio by driving to Walmart and buying the cheapest lawn mower available.
>>
coinbase takes 7 fucking days to get me my coins, how can i get coins faster so i can trade on Bitrex and so on?
>>
>>2250896
you're missing a leading zero there, friendo
also, you suck at decimals
>>
>>2253498
this
>>
>>2258426
it's one of the markets with best growth in the last years, easy to invest and can become exponentially bigger
>>
Can I store multiple coins with Ledger Nano S or Trezor or just popular ones like BTC and ETH?
I feel vulnerable with my alt-coins (not even thousands) being at Bittrex despite the fact that I have 2fa enabled.
>>
>>2244319
What's the purpose in crypto currency? I feel like this is all one big scam and BS. I see potential with the technology for big fat cat companies and startups but the ordeal regarding currency is just a shit show

I've seen videos explaining crypto currency and still not convinced even though there are people who cashed in on it. What's the goal here?
>>
Some one please tell me how to get some satoshis into my wallet, ive been on faucets for days now and the fuckers dont pay out untill ive done a month worth of captcha's , please let me buy some with paypal or something just a few dolls worth
>>
>>2258435
Gdax+wire transfer

Money gets there in 30 minutes-5 hours

$15 wire fee though so up to you if its worth it
>>
>>2249419
>https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview

Aren't the fee's in % and therefore same all across the board?

What are the fees?
>>
So, do I open my account with Coinbase? Then trade from Coinbase to Bittrex to buy shitcoins? Or do I just open an account straight with Bittrex?
>>
>>2259167
Go Look up ETH & Ripple.

It is meant to drive economic growth in a Bleak bleak future
>>
File: 1494894304099.jpg (16KB, 380x375px) Image search: [Google]
1494894304099.jpg
16KB, 380x375px
>>2253257
>then eventually you become a whale, feels good mang.

how much money do you need to acquire to become whale status?

what do you do when you become a whale?
>>
If im to start trading will i need both bitrex aswell as poloniex?
what is bitrex used for?
>>
>>2250682
I am canadian myself, just signed up for quadrigacx, i started off with . They unfortunately only do credit cards so if your looking for short term holds. That isnt the best option.
3. You buy your coins at your dealer (quad or coinbase) You then transfer it to your wallet on your exchange (Its broken up by coin each coin having its own address) So the wallets located on the exchange/coinbase/quad should always be thought of as a temporary holding place, its because these wallets are most susceptible to getting hacked and loss (And also the little tidbit that you dont actually own the coins in the wallet but the exchange does. So transfer your coins in permanent wallets on your pc or usb.
4. Some wallets hold multiple coins, others hold singular. Its always good to go with the core wallet of each individual alt coin, but some most major wallets hold the major coins and then some smaller alts. I use jaxx atm, along with indidual wallets for alt coins. You transfer into the wallets if your going to be holding onto it long term, other wise the transaction fees of swapping it between wallets will eat away at you. You can always add me on kik: sgtjimmy if your looking for more info or just want to talk coins.
>>
>>2259281
for some coins, $3.50
>>
I CAN'T ADD FUNDS TO MY COINBASE ACCOUNT IT KEEPS TELLING ME TO WAIT 24 HOURS

REEEEEEEEEEE

I HAVE BEEN A NOCOINER TOO LONG AND MISSED YEARS OF THIS RIDE AND EVERY DAY I DIE INSIDE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I CAN'T LIVE ANOTHER DAY AS A NOCOINER
>>
What if I know of a coin keeps going up and up and up, but slowly? is that a good indicator?

Like just going up for 2 months straight
>>
>>2259237
Hi anon, I will tell you my preferred method on doing it. It'll be our little secret ;) So, I open an account on Coinbase and wait for my card to get verified (the steps can be a bitch sometimes). I purchase Ethereum since Bitcoin transactions take way too long. I then make a Bittrex and Yobit account. Within Bittrex and Yobit you can find good coins and shitcoins which can make you a lot of money. You must click on the wallet tab on either website you choose (you can do both, I won't judge) and find Ethereum in the wallet. This the plus button (this refers to deposit) and it will generate a deposit address for the Ethereum. You copy the address and go to Coinbase and select send, paste the address and the amount you want to send. Verify that the addresses are correct buddy! Hit that send button, wait a bit then on the Yobit/Bittrex I usually sell the Ethereum for Bitcoin and once you have bitcoin in your account you can buy whatever shitcoin you please :) Note, doing this will get you a couple of transaction fees and all! Make sure you do not sell your Ethereum for a loss when exchanging it for BTC. Also, you could just skip the Ethereum part and buy Bitcoin on Coinbase and send it to the exchanges buuuuuuuuuuuut Bitcoin takes too long and TIME IS MONEY. Have fun bro.
>>
>>2259729
This post is exactly what I needed thanks bro I am so happy right now let's get rich!
>>
>>2259653
I installed the mobile app and deposited money that way if anyone else has a similar problem. I have $200 now and am dumping it all into XBY.
>>
>>2259300
Bittrex has more coins, use them. I have both but bittrex is more fun. Also secure your account by using 2FA, so it's harder to get hacked.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.