[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I retarded /biz/? My dream is to retire rich and leave my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: easysavingsplan.png (14KB, 455x273px) Image search: [Google]
easysavingsplan.png
14KB, 455x273px
Am I retarded /biz/? My dream is to retire rich and leave my kids and grandkids with a good life.

In my major most of my peers graduate and get jobs that pay $68k per year starting. Assuming I get a good job would this investing plan worked if I married my gf and lived off her teaching salary and lived extremely frugally? I'm 22 and want 4 kids.

>inb4 "it takes $245,945 to raise a kid

I'm not sending them to harvard and buying them sports cars

>pic related
>>
If you think you can save 60k a year, that's pretty good. What are you expecting to give 7% compounded each year?
>>
>>2239080
Index funds. I interned at a hedge fund last year and they did well but didn't always even beat the S&P
>>
>>2239063

Why do you want 4 children?
>>
>>2239099
I like kids and family
>>
>>2239063
so yeah 68k per year - income tax ends up being like $20 so you're not really gonna save 60k
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>2239099
Also check'd
>>
>>2239089
nice, just bear in mind that a % figure like that averages out all the drops that can happen, but don't be too worried as the SP 500 has a history of always recovering. I'd also recommend that was you get older, you start allocating more of that theoretical 60k/year to treasury bonds. This is just for risk management.
>>
>>2239117
What are the odds Trump lowers taxes
>>
>>2239099
One of them has to be female.
>>
>>2239158
No
>>
>>2239063
>annual addition = 60k
>income = 68k
>taxes = 16k
>living costs = 15k
>actual addition = 37k
and that's probably living frugal-as-fuck
>>
>>2239137
getting slimmer and slimmer, sadly

both political parties give no fucks and just want their comfy jobs for 3 years and don't give a single fuck beyond that, and it's killing us
>>
>>2239177
Markets already priced it the fuck in kek
>>
>>2239063
OP remember index funds make 7% on average but inflation will take away 2% per year. Change that 7 to a 5. Comes out to 9 mil. Then remember you pay taxes on that so 15% is gone. Also dividends from the index funds will be taxed.

You'll be left with about 7 mil. Still a lot, but nowhere near what you're expecting
>>
>>2239175
I know I'll have to be frugal but never really looked into how bad taxes are
>>
go fuck five other women before you even start committing to any of this shit

set aside as much as you want, for yourself and no one else. for several years at least. you can still play house with your girlfriend, but don't get married or blow loads in her.

i know you won't. but at least consider it.
>>
>>2239224
I said the plan is to live off my gf's money so everything I earn goes to compound interest and retirement. I'll still blow loads in her tbqh
>>
File: 1496113127323.png (9KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1496113127323.png
9KB, 420x420px
>>2239235
Look into creating passive income through various investments in your life. Rentals, land, etc. Diversify in more than just the market. Also have a lot of kids. Help create a better future. Be happy and healthy. Good health goes a long way.
>>
>>2239250
I'm told land rentals will fuck me over if I get a shit renter
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.